• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings_fanatic

henrik zetterberg

Rate this topic

I was just reading about all of our injuries today and mlive reported that henrik zetterberg has been playing with an upper body injury. One has to think ,given his history, that it is his back bothering him. With that said, i am very happy with hank because, despite his injury he has still managed to pick up his game to a new level and work his butt off every shift to help carry the wings. But, when pavel comes back i think it is really important to have him rest a few games once pasha is back because we need our eurotwins rested and healthy for playoffs.

To get it fixed it will require time they don't currently have. On the short scale, it's one of those things were you want to keep playing on it in fears of what it would feel like once given the chance to set in. Maybe it would lock up on him if he were to take a few days off, so he continues to just wear on it.

I was just reading about all of our injuries today and mlive reported that henrik zetterberg has been playing with an upper body injury. One has to think ,given his history, that it is his back bothering him. With that said, i am very happy with hank because, despite his injury he has still managed to pick up his game to a new level and work his butt off every shift to help carry the wings. But, when pavel comes back i think it is really important to have him rest a few games once pasha is back because we need our eurotwins rested and healthy for playoffs.

I tend to agree about his back. Listen, I love Zetterberg, he was a beast in 08' but the Wings should have never given him that life long contract with his history of back issues. I know that the length needed to be that long in order to bring the cap hit down, but he will never play as long as his contract is...the exact same goes for Franzen...well except I hate him.

To get it fixed it will require time they don't currently have. On the short scale, it's one of those things were you want to keep playing on it in fears of what it would feel like once given the chance to set in. Maybe it would lock up on him if he were to take a few days off, so he continues to just wear on it.

Not sure why you got negged for that, it would be nice for the yellowbelly coward to debate why they negged someone...

I tend to agree about his back. Listen, I love Zetterberg, he was a beast in 08' but the Wings should have never given him that life long contract with his history of back issues. I know that the length needed to be that long in order to bring the cap hit down, but he will never play as long as his contract is...the exact same goes for Franzen...well except I hate him.

The fact that those guys probably won't play out the full lenght of their contracts is more of a good thing than a bad thing. Signing them to a shorter deal would have meant higher cap-hits. That said, I don't expect Z or Franzen to retire anytime soon. Both will probably play until they're 35-40, barring any big injuries.

Whatever it is that is bothering Z at the moment it can't be too bad, because he's been awesome for a while. Actually, apart from the first 15-20 games of the season he's been very good for us. I don't have the numbers but since christmas he must be well above a point-per-game, right?