• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Solidus

Datsyuk's on the ice for today's practice

Rate this topic

Depleted lineup at practice...here are the lines they used

Wings' lines at practice: 51-40-26, 20-43-93, 96-8-39, 48-41; 55-23, 27-18, 2; 31-pearce

Short 1 forward, 1 d man and a goalie...good times :(

Depleted lineup at practice...here are the lines they used

Wings' lines at practice: 51-40-26, 20-43-93, 96-8-39, 48-41; 55-23, 27-18, 2; 31-pearce

Short 1 forward, 1 d man and a goalie...good times :(

Remember in 2008 when the Wings won 1 game out of 11 due to a depleted lineup? In an 82 game season, every team has ups and downs. The Wings will rebound from this stretch without their star players.

Remember in 2008 when the Wings won 1 game out of 11 due to a depleted lineup? In an 82 game season, every team has ups and downs. The Wings will rebound from this stretch without their star players.

They usually do, thats why the importance of picking up as many points as possible when you are healthy is huge.

They usually do, thats why the importance of picking up as many points as possible when you are healthy is huge.

Which is what they have done. They sit tied for 3rd in the NHL right now, and only 2 points out of 1st in the league. I think thats pretty darn good. :)

Which is what they have done. They sit tied for 3rd in the NHL right now, and only 2 points out of 1st in the league. I think thats pretty darn good. :)

Right! :clap:

Dats skating is great news! I didn't expect him to hit the ice so soon. I don't thing the Wings will panic, they'll wait until he's healed to get him back out there.

It's a good thing in a couple of ways. Dats, Jimmy and Lids are getting some rest and the team is learning how to play without their best players in the lineup.

I was pleased with how the Wings played yesterday, against a good team, with a very depleted lineup. Smith's play, in particular. :thumbup:

I'm not worried in the least.

Edited by MidMichSteve

Guest irishock

Boy, where would the Wings be right now had Holland listened to some of the "fans" and let Datsyuk walk in free agency a couple years back.

He said he'd be on the trip, but wasn't sure if he'd be playing. He was going to bring sun screen just in case.

This is the second week he's been out isn't it? Didn't they say 2-3 weeks? Possibly missing the West Coast trip (playing wise) would be missing him another two :(

Guest Crymson

Boy, where would the Wings be right now had Holland listened to some of the "fans" and let Datsyuk walk in free agency a couple years back.

Exactly. I remember the "Datsyuk or Hemsky?" thread in which many here said "Hemsky." Fortunately Holland was smarter.

Come on back Pavel! This team needs you like the Earth needs the rain!

Exactly. I remember the "Datsyuk or Hemsky?" thread in which many here said "Hemsky." Fortunately Holland was smarter.

Ya, too bad the Hossa or Franzen one didn't turn out as good...

I'm really hoping that Dats is in the lineup for March 17th, I'm flying to San Jose to watch the Wings and really want to see him play.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that he will be. That's nearly a month since surgery. Enjoy the game regardless!

Broken jaw on a Weber slapshot and a concussion

Dramatization.

It was a big slapper from Josi, still caught Eaves square in the side of the head, right below the ear on the jaw bone. Broken jaw and ever since he has been having concussion symptoms. Don't expect to see him back this year.