• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Solidus

Datsyuk's on the ice for today's practice

Rate this topic

I'm really hoping that Dats is in the lineup for March 17th, I'm flying to San Jose to watch the Wings and really want to see him play.

Ouch. A Wings game on St. Patty's. Wings' games are hard enough on my liver as-is.

It was a big slapper from Josi, still caught Eaves square in the side of the head, right below the ear on the jaw bone. Broken jaw and ever since he has been having concussion symptoms. Don't expect to see him back this year.

Ditto. I think last I heard his jaw was doing well, but it was concussion-like symptoms (headaches) that are keeping him out. I'd also bet on him being out the season.

Yeah I really hate when a player leads the team in goals every year for 3.9 million....

Hossa a million times better than Franzen and only $1.375M more per year...oh and has more total points too...it was a mistake, can't change it now, but I am done with Franzen, he is a floater with very little or no heart and barely shows up...you may not agree, but the obvious is obvious.

Maybe when Datsyuk returns he can light a fire under Franzen....nah...

Exactly. I remember the "Datsyuk or Hemsky?" thread in which many here said "Hemsky." Fortunately Holland was smarter.

I wonder how you felt when Kenny brought back Osgood? I'm sure you were fully supporting this move, even before Osgood bailed out Dom and helped the Wings win the Cup in 08?

I dont' even remember the Hemsky thread you're talking about, but are you suggesting that Ken Holland, General Manager of the Red Wings who spends all day every day thinking and working on the present and future of this team actually knows more than a bunch of fans on a website? Shocking!

Of course Holland knows more than we do. That's part of being a fan is sitting back and wondering and overanalyzing and nitpicking all these moves because we love the Wings. We're fans, not cheerleaders. If all we did was agree with Kenny and think everyone was awesome, then Matt may as well shut down the site.

As for Datsyuk, i echo the sentiments of several other people here. It's great to see him making progress, but don't rush it. The key is to be completely healthy for the playoffs.

Boy, where would the Wings be right now had Holland listened to some of the "fans" and let Datsyuk walk in free agency a couple years back.

Classic armchair quarterbacking.

At the time, while Datsyuk was obviously extremely talented and a case could be made to easily re-sign him, he still did not get it done all that much when it mattered most - the playoffs, and he got grinded bigtime for it in here by plenty.

I was glad they re-signed him, but the people who grinded him at the time, I perfectly understood their frustrations.

Guest Crymson

Broken jaw on a Weber slapshot and a concussion

It wasn't Weber.

I wonder how you felt when Kenny brought back Osgood? I'm sure you were fully supporting this move, even before Osgood bailed out Dom and helped the Wings win the Cup in 08?

I was just fine with Osgood's return. He'd had good seasons with the Blues and the Islanders, and he was being brought back as part of a tandem.

Hossa a million times better than Franzen and only $1.375M more per year...oh and has more total points too...it was a mistake, can't change it now, but I am done with Franzen, he is a floater with very little or no heart and barely shows up...you may not agree, but the obvious is obvious.

Maybe when Datsyuk returns he can light a fire under Franzen....nah...

I know this isn't going to help you at all, but just to calm your nerves possibly -- Franzen doesn't give two s***tays about the regular season as he has said before the regular season bores him. This isn't the greatest mindframe, especially to announce to the world, but maybe it'd settle you down a bit.

I'm really hoping that Dats is in the lineup for March 17th, I'm flying to San Jose to watch the Wings and really want to see him play.

I was hoping for March 13th in LA. I have finally got good tickets to see Wings up close. My brother gave me Pasha's jersey on my birthday. I have been practicing to scream "Let's Go Red Wings" for the whole month.

Well in any case I wish him well.

Edited by arag

Hey! I'll be at this game, too! Driving down the day before so I can start St. Patty's morning off right! Go Wings!

Hey! I'll be at this game, too! Driving down the day before so I can start St. Patty's morning off right! Go Wings!

That's awesome!! Yeah I'm pretty pumped about this, flying from Canada to SJ on the Friday and Saturday game day :clap:

Haha agreed. I remember talking to my dad about keeping Hossa or Franzen - the overwhelming consensus was Hossa.

I don't remember a lot of people taking the "let Datsyuk walk" stance. I am sure some did but I would imagine it was a small minority of people.

That's awesome!! Yeah I'm pretty pumped about this, flying from Canada to SJ on the Friday and Saturday game day :clap:

We should get a crew together to pregame. My brother and I will be there sporting the winged wheel too. Red Wings on Paddy's Day? Ooooh yeah...might need some riot punch!

We should get a crew together to pregame. My brother and I will be there sporting the winged wheel too. Red Wings on Paddy's Day? Ooooh yeah...might need some riot punch!

That's sweet!!! PM and we can try to set something up :thumbup:

Seems like the Wings have called up Nyquist, and Zetterberg is missing from today's practice. I hope the two aren't related...

https://twitter.com/#!/DetroitRedWings/status/177785366852534272

The Red Wings have recalled Gustav Nyquist from @GriffinsHockey of the American Hockey League.

https://twitter.com/#!/DetroitRedWings/status/177787664743931907

Thursday's practice is underway at JLA. Datsyuk and Ericsson are both skating. Bertuzzi, Kindl and Zetterberg are absent.