• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/6 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Flyers 3

Rate this topic

The Flyers are now missing their top three defensemen: Mejzaros, Pronger and Timonen.

And the Red Wings are missing three of their best players in Pavel, Jimmy, and Nick on top of a few others...

Edited by Rivalred

This win would be a monster if the boys could pull it off. Philly appears to be righting the ship and Bryz is finally starting to earn his money - bucking a 15 year old winless streak in this barn with a skeleton crew would be huge. Man these injuries are concerning - even some of our "healthy guys" (ie. Cleary and Z) are fighting throw pain. Good things Lids, Pav, and Howie arent out too long and will likely all return within a few games of each other. Despite the flack E and Bert take - by the time their back theyll both be very welcomed additions. The first 50 games of the year we got off the hook compared to so many teams - I really thought this might be the year where we roll through the stretch with an intact roster. Theres my whine/rant .... good luck boys

Guest Crymson

Hopefully Detroit will take advantage of that.

You mean the city of Detroit? If we let the Flyers loose out there, gunshot wounds and stabbings would probably deplete their lineup even further.... mwuahaha.

If they are really the lines we're rolling with, then yuck. If our 4th line really is what is listed in the OP, they will play about 3 minutes.

Why not try this?

Filppula - Zetterberg - Hudler

Franzen - Abdelkakder - Mursak

Cleary - Helm - Miller

Conner - Emmerton - Holmstrom

Flyers are pretty banged up, just like us.

Let's just hope for:

Special teams to step up

No bonehead plays

And we should be able to get at least a point out of this game.

Wings will be just fine tonight. I love seeing the young guys step up and play hard... knowing our veterans will be back. Nothing sounds serious in terms of the current injury bug, as in season ending, so I am grateful for that.

Poke a hole in Breezy early on, and we're good for a W!

Val, I am still waiting for that hattie! :D

If this team can play sound defensively, control the play, and play smart they will be able to win and heal.

Running around, trying to play from behind, or scrambling will cause more hurt...

This is why I am a Janik fan, the guy is a Dman and plays D... No flashy skates or fancy moves, just plays D...