• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/6 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Flyers 3

Rate this topic

At least Nashville lost. If Lidstrom and Datsyuk weren't hurt we'd still be in 2nd. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all of our loses with them out have been by only 1 goal.

Such is life, let's just hold off Nashville for now, and I'm sure we'll go on a run to end the season when everyone's healthy.

This team just can't generate enough offense consistently with Pavel out. Even with Pavel the Red Wings are lacking a legitimate top-six sniper, but that need gets really exposed without Datsyuk making other players far better. Holland needs to go all-out for Parise this summer and let his goal-scoring ability thrive alongside Datsyuk. I still only have faith in three forwards being able to score during the playoffs -- the rest of the cast is just too streaky to feel confident (Franzen, Hudler, Bertuzzi). Especially when you factor in the Red Wings powerplay not being able to chip in goals and special teams can swing a playoff series.

Very tough stretch of games coming up too. I pray Datsyuk can come back somehow next week or it may become an extremely uphill battle to win the division over the Blues following that road trip.

This team just can't generate enough offense consistently with Pavel out. Even with Pavel the Red Wings are lacking a legitimate top-six sniper, but that need gets really exposed without Datsyuk making other players far better. Holland needs to go all-out for Parise this summer and let his goal-scoring ability thrive alongside Datsyuk.

Hudler and Stuart will be off the books next year, maybe Lidstrom and Holmstrom, plus there's extra cap room. Just as long as the cap doesn't go down (let's go players in the next CBA), I'm sure Holland will make some major moves in the off season!

I wish we could have a GM like the one on the Sharks.

Look at how well they have been playing with all the trades and signings they made in the offseason!

And how well they have handled their prospect pool...they are a team for the future

Guest Crymson

So I guess the 4th seed it is and a second round exit as this team is done!

My personal opinion is that you're a shoddy fan, one who will do anything to avoid disappointment. You said it yourself, more or less. Were you really a supporter of the team, you'd hope for them to succeed. Instead, you constantly prepare yourself for them possibly failing. Think about how that would translate if you replaced the Wings with an athlete who was a friend or a family member of yours.

Blame your complacent General Manager, Ken Holland, and that other genius behind the bench.

Yeah, the guy who is widely and rightfully considered to be one of the best GMs in the league, if not THE best. And the coach who is widely and rightfully considered to be one of the best coaches in the league.

The reality here is that the majority of people who bash Holland and Babcock are spoiled Wings fans who have this totally bizarre idea that there's another GM and another coach out there whose team has absolutely no faults. You'll find fans of even the best teams in the league whining about their GM, coach and players while fans of other teams have nothing but praise for them.

There is no perfect team. There is no perfect GM, there is no perfect coach. Every team has faults, else we would be seeing 70-win seasons. The Wings, Canucks, Rangers etc. simply have less faults than the other teams in the league. They have better GMs, better coaches and better players. None of the above are perfect -- they're only human -- but they're much less imperfect than the others. Give that some thought.

This team just can't generate enough offense consistently with Pavel out.

MacDonald played an awful game. Even so, one bad bounce was what made the difference.

And yes, OF COURSE having Datsyuk out will hurt. Losing Giroux would similarly give Philly a dire wound to its offense. That's not rocket science. It's not at all reasonable to expect that a team will continue playing at top capacity when its best player is out of the lineup.

I wish we could have a GM like the one on the Sharks.

Look at how well they have been playing with all the trades and signings they made in the offseason!

Yeah, no joke. They're in danger of missing the playoffs.

Edited by Crymson

The BLues are 2 points up on us and the only reason for that is that we are missing so many players and, out of those players, the best defenceman in the league and the most complete player in the world... not exactly an easy recipe for the Wings to keep winning. From what Babs said earlier today about Nick feeling much better, I think we will see number 5 play Friday night, and Pavel should be back next week during the West Coast trip. From that point on the Wings will get rolling into the playoffs and I have no doubt in my mind that we will pass St. Louis because, quite frankly, we are a better team then them and there will come a point before the end of the season that they lose some games. Everyone needs to relax and realize that teams are BARELY beating us when we are missing key players like this. Like I said, we will finish the season in dominant fashion heading into the playoffs.

Guest Crymson

After the 1st period were they really that bad? They ended up having 40 something shots, and only allowing 25ish. PP needs work asap and on the bright side i actually saw the mule out there tonight

Franzen played a good game. He really does have tremendous talent. It's a shame that he doesn't exploit it to its fullest during the regular season all the time, but perhaps he'll come around.

On a funny note, the CSN Philly guys were alternately calling him the Moose, the Mule and the Horse.

The BLues are 2 points up on us and the only reason for that is that we are missing so many players and, out of those players, the best defenceman in the league and the most complete player in the world... not exactly an easy recipe for the Wings to keep winning. From what Babs said earlier today about Nick feeling much better, I think we will see number 5 play Friday night, and Pavel should be back next week during the West Coast trip. From that point on the Wings will get rolling into the playoffs and I have no doubt in my mind that we will pass St. Louis because, quite frankly, we are a better team then them and there will come a point before the end of the season that they lose some games. Everyone needs to relax and realize that teams are BARELY beating us when we are missing key players like this. Like I said, we will finish the season in dominant fashion heading into the playoffs.

Aye, mate. Especially the last sentence.

I'm not panicking. A) It's March, not exactly everyone's favorite time of the year, and B) we've got injuries. I can't say I'm not disappointed...I feel like could play with at least a little more vim and vigor - maybe it wouldn't have won us the last 2 games, but there's definitely a little more effort to be had there. I do feel like we're still in a much better position going into the playoffs this year than we have been the last two years, and once we get our injured guys back and get all excited about the playoffs, I think we'll be in a good spot. I don't know if we can go all the way, but I have a way better feeling about it this year than the last couple of years.

And yes, OF COURSE having Datsyuk out will hurt. Losing Giroux would similarly give Philly a dire wound to its offense. That's not rocket science. It's not at all reasonable to expect that a team will continue playing at top capacity when its best player is out of the lineup.

The Red Wings scored two goals tonight and one on Sunday. While I agree it wasn't MacDonald's strongest performance, you aren't going to win much with three goals in two games.

I'm aware Datsyuk is a huge loss -- I clearly stated that. Nor do I expect them to click offensively at a level like they would with Pavel around. I do think it's reasonable to want a team praised for its depth to get stronger contributions from other sources when an injury does occur. My concern is the overall ability of the Red Wings to score goals in the playoffs even with Pavel Datsyuk playing. They lack a legitimate sniper in the top-six and can't score on the powerplay. Not a great combination to have when games tighten up next month.

This just in.... Not in the line up tonight was Datsyuk, Lidstrom, ericsson, kindl, and Howard. How dare we lose to one of the best offensive teams in the league 3-2 with out our #1 D, selke "owner", and starting goalie.

I don't complain much but to hear all this doom and gloom stuff cause were 2 points out of first in our divison and tied for the NHL lead = first round bust???? Wow.... I love coming here I do because there is a lot of great hockey conversations that go one but damn this up and down between wins and losses by some people just gets old I think it's time I start using the forum block system... Go wings. Healthy were cup bound. Heard it here first! E5

Edited by Crashnburnluder

OT: Pistons just beat LA.

Ehh not particularly great additional news.

Wings are further away from 1st place. Not sweet... <_<

Pistons are further away from drafting Anthony Davis, who is theoretically the perfect compliment to Greg Monroe. Yeah... Not sweet. Stuckey just had something to prove against Kuester, really. :ph34r:

This just in.... Not in the line up tonight was Datsyuk, Lidstrom, ericsson, kindl, and Howard. How dare we lose to one of the best offensive teams in the league 3-2 with out our #1 D, selke "owner", and starting goalie.

I don't complain much but to hear all this doom and gloom stuff cause were 2 points out of first in our divison and tied for the NHL lead = first round bust???? Wow.... I love coming here I do because there is a lot of great hockey conversations that go one but damn this up and down between wins and losses by some people just gets old I think it's time I start using the forum block system... Go wings. Healthy were cup bound. Heard it here first! E5

I'll be the first to admit I felt really pessimistic during the game but first round bust is crazy. It depends on who we get in the second round as well. They way the team is playing now we won't beat St Louis, Vancouver, etc

I'll be the first to admit I felt really pessimistic during the game but first round bust is crazy. It depends on who we get in the second round as well. They way the team is playing now we won't beat St Louis, Vancouver, etc

We are also missing the biggest players on our tesm

We are also missing the biggest players on our tesm

True, it would be nice to get them back sooner though. I mean, Datsyuk unsure if he'll play on the west coast trip? If he doesn't we are done (division wise)

Guest irishock

Stars about to win against Vancouver.

St.Louis first in the league..... wow.

Honestly the Wings have been consistent for the most part this season (except for the PP) , it's just that St. Louis just won't lose. We're on pace for our best regular season finish since our cup winning season in '08.

Stars about to win against Vancouver.

St.Louis first in the league..... wow.

Honestly the Wings have been consistent for the most part this season (except for the PP) , it's just that St. Louis just won't lose. We're on pace for our best regular season finish since our cup winning season in '08.

This.

We have too many negative Nancy's. The Wings are playing well despite losing their top players. Their great play in the first half of the season really had afforded them the luxury of hitting hard times now. I really think that people need to be a little more realistic on their expectations of the Wings.

So I guess that you will always have more negative reputation points than posts in this forum because of your crappy attitude.

Guest Crymson

The Red Wings scored two goals tonight and one on Sunday. While I agree it wasn't MacDonald's strongest performance, you aren't going to win much with three goals in two games.

Yes, and they combined for ten goals in the two games before that.

I'm aware Datsyuk is a huge loss -- I clearly stated that. Nor do I expect them to click offensively at a level like they would with Pavel around. I do think it's reasonable to want a team praised for its depth to get stronger contributions from other sources when an injury does occur. My concern is the overall ability of the Red Wings to score goals in the playoffs even with Pavel Datsyuk playing. They lack a legitimate sniper in the top-six and can't score on the powerplay. Not a great combination to have when games tighten up next month.

It's not just Pavel. If you haven't noticed, we're also missing a world-class defenseman who has been the cornerstone of this team's defense for the past 15 years.

Further, there are other factors in the playoffs that you're not considering. Whatever the case, I've faith and will hope for the best.

Guest irishock

Another thing, the Wings are 2nd in the conference in regulation/overtime wins. That means more than just being a 2nd or 4th seed. Yes, the Wings have sucked without home ice this year but in the world of sports, you never know whether we can go absolute nuts on the road in the playoffs or suddenly our PP becomes lethal again. What I'm pointing out is, the Wings at 4th seed does not equal 2nd round exit, but instead we probably have a better chance of winning the West at 4th than St. Louis winning the West at 1st.

To be quite honest a first round matchup with the Preds (assuming weve got a full line up) is a much more attractive one for me than a Chicago or San Jose who suddenyl becomes hot. Those are teams full of world class players with playoff experience and have the ability to make the top 2 seeds really work for a victory. Nashville is a 3 manned team with relatively small and soft forwards and not a allot of post season experience. A healthy wings team with home ice takes them in 5 or six games IMO

Did you guys know that 16 out of our 24 total loses were one-goal games? (I included a few games where we gave up an empty-netter to make it a two-goal game)

That means only 8 games were by two goals or more. The last two were against Montreal and NYI way back in January. There was also that 1-7 game against Washington back in October.

The point is: This team is awesome and knows how to win. When they get healthy they will be dominant once again. So, relax all you guys who think the Wings are losers just because they are 2-4-1 in the last 7. They went on a 15-2-1 stretch prior to this little slide. That makes them 17-6-2 in the last 25 games. I don't know about you but I think that's pretty damn good. As long as Datsyuk, Lidstrom, and Howard are healthy for the playoffs, the Wings will contend for the Cup.

Guest stinky fish taco

Did you guys know that 16 out of our 24 total loses were one-goal games? (I included a few games where we gave up an empty-netter to make it a two-goal game)

their percentage of playoff losses by one goal or two with an EN since the lockout is even higher than that. losing close games is still losing.

As it stands the only teams that really pose a threat to the Wings are San Jose (mostly due to psychology than skill now), St. Louis (for pure upstart underdog value) and maybe...just maybe Vancouver. None of which we'd play early in the playoffs anyway, except for San Jose.

Honestly, this relentless pessimism is getting to me.