• Please log in to reply
663 replies to this topic

#641 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

I'll be the first to admit I felt really pessimistic during the game but first round bust is crazy. It depends on who we get in the second round as well. They way the team is playing now we won't beat St Louis, Vancouver, etc

We are also missing the biggest players on our tesm

#642 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

We are also missing the biggest players on our tesm

True, it would be nice to get them back sooner though. I mean, Datsyuk unsure if he'll play on the west coast trip? If he doesn't we are done (division wise)
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#643 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

Stars about to win against Vancouver.

St.Louis first in the league..... wow.

Honestly the Wings have been consistent for the most part this season (except for the PP) , it's just that St. Louis just won't lose. We're on pace for our best regular season finish since our cup winning season in '08.

bringit.jpg

#644 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

Stars about to win against Vancouver.

St.Louis first in the league..... wow.

Honestly the Wings have been consistent for the most part this season (except for the PP) , it's just that St. Louis just won't lose. We're on pace for our best regular season finish since our cup winning season in '08.

This.

We have too many negative Nancy's. The Wings are playing well despite losing their top players. Their great play in the first half of the season really had afforded them the luxury of hitting hard times now. I really think that people need to be a little more realistic on their expectations of the Wings.

So I guess the 4th seed it is and a second round exit as this team is done!

So I guess that you will always have more negative reputation points than posts in this forum because of your crappy attitude.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#645 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:21 AM

The Red Wings scored two goals tonight and one on Sunday. While I agree it wasn't MacDonald's strongest performance, you aren't going to win much with three goals in two games.

Yes, and they combined for ten goals in the two games before that.

I'm aware Datsyuk is a huge loss -- I clearly stated that. Nor do I expect them to click offensively at a level like they would with Pavel around. I do think it's reasonable to want a team praised for its depth to get stronger contributions from other sources when an injury does occur. My concern is the overall ability of the Red Wings to score goals in the playoffs even with Pavel Datsyuk playing. They lack a legitimate sniper in the top-six and can't score on the powerplay. Not a great combination to have when games tighten up next month.

It's not just Pavel. If you haven't noticed, we're also missing a world-class defenseman who has been the cornerstone of this team's defense for the past 15 years.

Further, there are other factors in the playoffs that you're not considering. Whatever the case, I've faith and will hope for the best.

#646 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:19 AM

Another thing, the Wings are 2nd in the conference in regulation/overtime wins. That means more than just being a 2nd or 4th seed. Yes, the Wings have sucked without home ice this year but in the world of sports, you never know whether we can go absolute nuts on the road in the playoffs or suddenly our PP becomes lethal again. What I'm pointing out is, the Wings at 4th seed does not equal 2nd round exit, but instead we probably have a better chance of winning the West at 4th than St. Louis winning the West at 1st.

bringit.jpg

#647 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:11 AM

To be quite honest a first round matchup with the Preds (assuming weve got a full line up) is a much more attractive one for me than a Chicago or San Jose who suddenyl becomes hot. Those are teams full of world class players with playoff experience and have the ability to make the top 2 seeds really work for a victory. Nashville is a 3 manned team with relatively small and soft forwards and not a allot of post season experience. A healthy wings team with home ice takes them in 5 or six games IMO

#648 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

Did you guys know that 16 out of our 24 total loses were one-goal games? (I included a few games where we gave up an empty-netter to make it a two-goal game)

That means only 8 games were by two goals or more. The last two were against Montreal and NYI way back in January. There was also that 1-7 game against Washington back in October.

The point is: This team is awesome and knows how to win. When they get healthy they will be dominant once again. So, relax all you guys who think the Wings are losers just because they are 2-4-1 in the last 7. They went on a 15-2-1 stretch prior to this little slide. That makes them 17-6-2 in the last 25 games. I don't know about you but I think that's pretty damn good. As long as Datsyuk, Lidstrom, and Howard are healthy for the playoffs, the Wings will contend for the Cup.

#649 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

Did you guys know that 16 out of our 24 total loses were one-goal games? (I included a few games where we gave up an empty-netter to make it a two-goal game)

their percentage of playoff losses by one goal or two with an EN since the lockout is even higher than that. losing close games is still losing.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#650 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

So I guess the 4th seed it is and a second round exit as this team is done!

As it stands the only teams that really pose a threat to the Wings are San Jose (mostly due to psychology than skill now), St. Louis (for pure upstart underdog value) and maybe...just maybe Vancouver. None of which we'd play early in the playoffs anyway, except for San Jose.

Honestly, this relentless pessimism is getting to me.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#651 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

their percentage of playoff losses by one goal or two with an EN since the lockout is even higher than that. losing close games is still losing.

It's funny you say that because if we win a one goal game against someone you see as sub par you ***** because we should have beat them by 12 goals but when we lose one goal games losing is still losing. Basically what I'm saying is that if :

Losing is losing then winning is winning right? 2 points is 2 points, 0 points is 0 points?

As it stands the only teams that really pose a threat to the Wings are San Jose (mostly due to psychology than skill now), St. Louis (for pure upstart underdog value) and maybe...just maybe Vancouver. None of which we'd play early in the playoffs anyway, except for San Jose.

Honestly, this relentless pessimism is getting to me.

Haha, sometimes it's comical to me and other times it just gets old. There seems to be one person with about 3 or 4 accounts..it's kinda obvious. There is being critical of your team and then there is just being a fairweather ****** canoe.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#652 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

It's funny you say that because if we win a one goal game against someone you see as sub par you ***** because we should have beat them by 12 goals

is this directed at me, specifically?

...because i've never done that.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#653 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

Haha, sometimes it's comical to me and other times it just gets old. There seems to be one person with about 3 or 4 accounts..it's kinda obvious. There is being critical of your team and then there is just being a fairweather ****** canoe.

Join the club. Fans can be upset, I scream at my TV for 2-1/2 hours straight for some games, but in the end I really do wonder how some people say they support the Wings in any facet when all they do is rip on them 24/7, even when they are playing well, leading the division, the conference, the league. I suppose some people are just destined to be miserable. A few SNs come to mind.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  MOTB TOTAL: $12

#654 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

We didn't do bad for a team who had their best players and half the team out. We beat ourself this game. Oh well on to the winning ways from here on out!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#655 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

At least last night we got some help from Vancouver, Nashville, and Chicago all losing ... in a few games we will likely have Jimmy, Lids, and Pavel back - essentially our 3 headed MVP for the season thusfar. Thats a massive hole. It does suck that weve gone 2-4-1 since Pavel went under the knife but at least we were seeded high enough to survive a rough patch. Id imagine Bert cant be too far off in his return either. We are only 2 points back of St Louis - but getting first or second seed in the conference might not prove to be the best scenario. A first round matchup with San Jose or Chicago (despite their recent struggles) certainly is less attractive than facing Nashville with home ice advantage. After that we'd likely give up home ice until the finals (if it were to happen and the Rangers were waiting) but all it takes it typically takes is 1 win away from your own barn a series to win. Detroit was the best road team in the NHL 10 months ago - its hard to imagine they couldnt figure it out come post season given the experience in that locker room.

#656 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

lets be honest. we beat ourselves last night.

2 goals came from coughing up the puck on our blue line last night when we had established possession (giroux breakaway, talbot rebound). and the third was a miscommunication between our backup goalie, and a d-man who will be gone in 2 games.

we wont see that again once our stars come back.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#657 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

lets be honest. we beat ourselves last night.

2 goals came from coughing up the puck on our blue line last night when we had established possession (giroux breakaway, talbot rebound). and the third was a miscommunication between our backup goalie, and a d-man who will be gone in 2 games.

we wont see that again once our stars come back.

The breakaways that keep occurring just about every game especially while on the PP is frightening. I still cannot figure out why the defensivemen and HUDLER keep allowing this to occur. Hell on the PP I wouldn't let Hudler move within 10 feet of the blue line because half the time it turns into a break away. No idea why they think its a good idea to have him at point.

#658 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

ya i totally agree about hudler on the PP. hes just invisible out there.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#659 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

The breakaways that keep occurring just about every game especially while on the PP is frightening. I still cannot figure out why the defensivemen and HUDLER keep allowing this to occur. Hell on the PP I wouldn't let Hudler move within 10 feet of the blue line because half the time it turns into a break away. No idea why they think its a good idea to have him at point.

He hasn't been on the point since Quincey arrived (aside from the games in which Quincey was not playing). It was Kronwall, Quincey, Smith and White on the point last night. Hudler just somehow manages to give up the puck high in the zone anyway.

Edited by Crymson, 07 March 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#660 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

He hasn't been on the point since Quincey arrived (aside from the games in which Quincey was not playing). It was Kronwall, Quincey, Smith and White on the point last night. Hudler just somehow manages to give up the puck high in the zone anyway.

I was at the game and assumed he was on the point. It is very distracting to watch a game in that arena with rabid Flyers fans lol. I think Hudler needs to be off the PP then. He is just bad on the PP and just about every short handed goal this year I bet he was on the ice lol.

Edited by korrowan, 07 March 2012 - 06:47 PM.