• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/6 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Flyers 3

Rate this topic

their percentage of playoff losses by one goal or two with an EN since the lockout is even higher than that. losing close games is still losing.

It's funny you say that because if we win a one goal game against someone you see as sub par you ***** because we should have beat them by 12 goals but when we lose one goal games losing is still losing. Basically what I'm saying is that if :

Losing is losing then winning is winning right? 2 points is 2 points, 0 points is 0 points?

As it stands the only teams that really pose a threat to the Wings are San Jose (mostly due to psychology than skill now), St. Louis (for pure upstart underdog value) and maybe...just maybe Vancouver. None of which we'd play early in the playoffs anyway, except for San Jose.

Honestly, this relentless pessimism is getting to me.

Haha, sometimes it's comical to me and other times it just gets old. There seems to be one person with about 3 or 4 accounts..it's kinda obvious. There is being critical of your team and then there is just being a fairweather ****** canoe.

Guest stinky fish taco

It's funny you say that because if we win a one goal game against someone you see as sub par you ***** because we should have beat them by 12 goals

is this directed at me, specifically?

...because i've never done that.

Haha, sometimes it's comical to me and other times it just gets old. There seems to be one person with about 3 or 4 accounts..it's kinda obvious. There is being critical of your team and then there is just being a fairweather ****** canoe.

Join the club. Fans can be upset, I scream at my TV for 2-1/2 hours straight for some games, but in the end I really do wonder how some people say they support the Wings in any facet when all they do is rip on them 24/7, even when they are playing well, leading the division, the conference, the league. I suppose some people are just destined to be miserable. A few SNs come to mind.

At least last night we got some help from Vancouver, Nashville, and Chicago all losing ... in a few games we will likely have Jimmy, Lids, and Pavel back - essentially our 3 headed MVP for the season thusfar. Thats a massive hole. It does suck that weve gone 2-4-1 since Pavel went under the knife but at least we were seeded high enough to survive a rough patch. Id imagine Bert cant be too far off in his return either. We are only 2 points back of St Louis - but getting first or second seed in the conference might not prove to be the best scenario. A first round matchup with San Jose or Chicago (despite their recent struggles) certainly is less attractive than facing Nashville with home ice advantage. After that we'd likely give up home ice until the finals (if it were to happen and the Rangers were waiting) but all it takes it typically takes is 1 win away from your own barn a series to win. Detroit was the best road team in the NHL 10 months ago - its hard to imagine they couldnt figure it out come post season given the experience in that locker room.

lets be honest. we beat ourselves last night.

2 goals came from coughing up the puck on our blue line last night when we had established possession (giroux breakaway, talbot rebound). and the third was a miscommunication between our backup goalie, and a d-man who will be gone in 2 games.

we wont see that again once our stars come back.

lets be honest. we beat ourselves last night.

2 goals came from coughing up the puck on our blue line last night when we had established possession (giroux breakaway, talbot rebound). and the third was a miscommunication between our backup goalie, and a d-man who will be gone in 2 games.

we wont see that again once our stars come back.

The breakaways that keep occurring just about every game especially while on the PP is frightening. I still cannot figure out why the defensivemen and HUDLER keep allowing this to occur. Hell on the PP I wouldn't let Hudler move within 10 feet of the blue line because half the time it turns into a break away. No idea why they think its a good idea to have him at point.

Guest Crymson

The breakaways that keep occurring just about every game especially while on the PP is frightening. I still cannot figure out why the defensivemen and HUDLER keep allowing this to occur. Hell on the PP I wouldn't let Hudler move within 10 feet of the blue line because half the time it turns into a break away. No idea why they think its a good idea to have him at point.

He hasn't been on the point since Quincey arrived (aside from the games in which Quincey was not playing). It was Kronwall, Quincey, Smith and White on the point last night. Hudler just somehow manages to give up the puck high in the zone anyway.

Edited by Crymson

He hasn't been on the point since Quincey arrived (aside from the games in which Quincey was not playing). It was Kronwall, Quincey, Smith and White on the point last night. Hudler just somehow manages to give up the puck high in the zone anyway.

I was at the game and assumed he was on the point. It is very distracting to watch a game in that arena with rabid Flyers fans lol. I think Hudler needs to be off the PP then. He is just bad on the PP and just about every short handed goal this year I bet he was on the ice lol.

Edited by korrowan

It's the system they play where the puck is constantly being shuffled to the point. If the point man muffs it for even a second, the rush is on. What makes me irate is that there is no one out front for a rebound. The players are either behind the net or along the boards. When they are passing, no one is in a position to shoot other than the point man. This is a very poor system IMO.

He was a good sport about the hit and said he should have been aware of Kronner. Not a bit of complaint from him.

“I think it was clean,” [Voracek] said. “I had my head down…..I saw him standing on the blue line and I was kind of naive and thought he was going to back up. It was a tough hit to take, but I think it was a clean hit from my side. It was my bad, and I think those hits should stay in the game.”

I think I love this kid. :thumbup: