• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Grabovski re-signs with Toronto

Rate this topic

Doesn't this seem like a slight over payment? 5.5mil cap hit is really high for someone who's production is around 60 point per 82 games. Are they paying for potential (which on the outside he does have)? I hope Fil doesn't ask or expect that much... no way we should pay him that much though.

Cap Geek released a link showing players at comparable salary with Grabovski's new contract.

http://www.capgeek.com/comparables.php?player=178&season=2012

He's now making a cap-hit comparable salary to players like Phil Kessel, Corey Perry, Patrick Sharp, Martin St Louis, Ryan Getzlaf, and Marian Hossa...

Cap Geek released a link showing players at comparable salary with Grabovski's new contract.

http://www.capgeek.com/comparables.php?player=178&season=2012

He's now making a cap-hit comparable salary to players like Phil Kessel, Corey Perry, Patrick Sharp, Martin St Louis, Ryan Getzlaf, and Marian Hossa...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! :D

:clap:

Grabovski has just signed a 5 year 5.5 a year deal with Toronto.

I think this might be what Filpula will ask for now.

Whoops forgot to finish the title, could a moderator add the bit about the extension? Sorry, and thanks.

Speaking of Filppula, and following Jedi's link, have another good laugh at some of the comparables there. Specifically: Tomas Kopecky.

:lol:

There is no way Fil will ask for that much, and there is no way the Wings would pay it.

I wish I had your optimism. I still think his agent is going to get him the best deal possible. Right now I kind of think this Grab contract is a sign of things to come for Fil's first time as a UFA.

Many of those "comparables" signed several years ago when the cap was significantly lower. Hossa is on a career deal. St.Louis is on a 35+. Just because the cap hit is similar doesn't mean the contracts are.

That said, it does seem like quite an overpayment, especially without knowing what will happen with the cap next year. But if the cap goes up another $3M+ and continues to climb over the deal, it's not so bad. Cap goes down and/or Grabovski starts to decline it'll be terrible.

Flip has another year left. If he has another year like this one (and the cap goes up or stays flat), he will likely ask for, deserve, and get $5M+.