• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Holmstrom96

Kronwall Destroys Voracek

Rate this topic

Suspendable?  

247 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the hit was fine, part of a contact sport. That said I think 75% of the hits that have gotten players suspended were good, hard, hockey hits that were avoidable if the player getting hit had his head up, wasn't admiring a pass or turning his back at the last minute to try to draw a call.

I do think though that if the roles were reverse and a Flyer laid that hit on Flip, Hudler or any Wing this board would come crashing down with cries for a suspension.

Edited by sureWhyNot

just shows how biased the CANADIAN HOCKEY media is.

Fixed it. Coaches corner will include dirty hits by Commie Swedes on American teams that wear the Russian colors next week :P

Dons House of Suits made from Blind Drugged *** Hookers of the 70s Bed Sheets will be the sponsor.....

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

Good non-call on the play. No way in hell it should be a suspendable hit. However, it could be, since any contact with the head supposedly equals attempted murder on hitter's part.

Better not be a suspension. Kronwall has been throwing some great hits this year, what year is it, 2008??? :thumbup:

Dude... Not cool. I hope a mod deletes it.

Gave you a + to try to offset whoever gave you a minus for a joke... <_<

Home boy had his head so far down, he led with it into the hit. And this is a hit he had already looked up and saw coming a second earlier. Kind of ridiculous. Not Kronwall's fault and the head was not specifically targeted. Clean hit. Hope he feels better.

No jumping. No charging. North-South movement. Guy had his head down and when you put your head down it becomes shoulder height to someone else.

Clean on all counts.

This. I don't see how Kronwall could avoid hitting the head first. The guy is basically leading with it.

Edited by Jocke

As for Voracek, the way his arms flailed out after the hit seemed indicative of decerebrate posturing, which is quite serious and implies severe brain damage. I hope Voracek the best, and would love to see him back on the ice soon.

Wrong. Did you even read the link you provided? The position of his arms is called the fencing response and tends to indicate that you just got knocked the f*** out. Don't you ever watch boxing or mma? Voracek only had his arms raised for a split second and was immediately conscious and on his knees. He might have a slight concussion, if at all.

Edited by Bannedforlife

I am with HaroldSnepsts on the Kronwall issue. There are times when he has left the ice before a hit, maybe even been guilty of an elbow here and there. I think there are times when he could have been suspended, and I would have said he deserved it.

With Voracek, it's just not the case. He's admiring his own footwork, leaning forward, with his head being used to make himself more aerodynamic. Blammo (no, I don't often use the word "blammo")! In comes Kronner! If you want to play hockey with your head down, this is going to happen. The contact with the head was incidental, as far as I can see. By that, I mean that to deliver a hit, the head could not be avoided. What I think needs to be addressed, though, is the way players will go after another player for delivering a devastating hit on some numpty that can't keep his eyes up. If it's a clean hit, with no call from the ref, and players start taking shots at Kronwall and whacking him with a stick, why aren't they getting roughing penalties, or instigating penalties when someone (Abby) sticks up for him?

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389661 tsn calling it a "elbow to head" that he "didn't see coming". We should all spam the tsn page telling them how bad their reporting is.

tsnstupid.png

The video doesn't mention an elbow or something so I'm assuming the writer that did that was a Phillys fan or something.

Nevertheless, they also botched the Wing's home winning streak, ******* up the amount of wins they've won and stuff even though they clearly said it in the audio. I may be finding a new sports station.

Kronwall's hits have been pretty consistent. He has done worse than this when he has left his feet in the past. I think what needs to be looked at is Voracek's body positioning. Kronwall is already in motion to make the hit when Voracek bends to try to play the puck which means his head is now where Kronner expected his chest to be (level wise).

I voted yes, but after about 6 more repeats and doing pauseplaypauseplay repeatedly, I think I am in the "clean hit" camp now.

At least I hope he doesn't get suspended. We need him.

Honestly, that's not even close to being borderline like some of his hits may have been in the past. He didn't even have an upward motion. Voracek shouldn't have had his head so low. If you can't make that hit every player will just start skating bent over so they won't get hit.

Kronner needs to hold a summer camp to teach young wingers how to breakout along the boards.

Maybe go to an OHL camp or something. You might say in his case an Allsvenskan or League I or II but the open ice in Sweden is so freegin huge that I'm not sure how he pulled those off during his days in the SEL.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=620874

NHL.com's report:

...Voracek skated off after a thunderous second-period hit by Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall just inside the Flyers' blue line. Voracek was reaching for the puck with his head down, and Kronwall flattened him. He stayed on his knees until the next whistle, needed help to get to the bench and left for the locker room. Voracek did not come out for the third period; the Flyers said after the game that he had stitches in his upper and lower mouth...