• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Holmstrom96

Kronwall Destroys Voracek

Rate this topic

Suspendable?  

247 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Flyers are retarded. In several post-game comments they essentially admit it was clean, but call Kronwall a ***** anyway.

"Dirty or not, I think it is frustrating for guys in this dressing room to see a hit like this,'' Talbot said. "Obviously, a lot of guys wanted to see Kronwall, and he didn't want to answer for his act.

"It is something that he thought was a clean hit, so you can't blame the guy.''

So...on the one hand "he didn't want to answer for his act" even though said act was legal and required no answering. Then you turn around and say you can't blame him? You can't insult the guy and then defend him in two sentences.

Its Max Talbot, what did you expect?

Anyway, good to know there is no suspension from a clean hit.

One of the first things they teach you about puck handling is to keep your head up. Our coaches would warn us-for 6 years before we were even allowed to start hitting- "if you skate with your head down in peewee you're going to get clobbered". Voracek knew someone was at the blue line, but he kept chugging along with his head down. That is way to sweet of a target for anyone to pass up.

Edited by The Greek

What would have happened to Kronwall if there was no instigator rule?

I assume he would have been mugged and pummeled by Flyers players.

This is something that really pisses me off. I hate how in the NHL as of late, if you make a big legal hit someone expects you do drop the gloves.

This is something that really pisses me off. I hate how in the NHL as of late, if you make a big legal hit someone expects you do drop the gloves.

THIS! Ridiculous how the game seems to stop after every clean hit. The teams with goons need something for them to do so they look for any reason, not necessarily a good one. The way to stop this is not sending each team off for even up penalties but to give an extra to the aggressor.

Tim Panaccio ‏ @tpanotchCSN Voracek uncertain of status for tomorrow. They r watching for concussion. Says hit was clean and his fault

Edited by evilzyme

Dont care hwo made the hit or got hit, Im just glad there was no suspension.

Also I think the response and quotes from Flyers is what I would hope to get form my teammates after a hit. I dont get why wings fans are complaining or making a big deal out of what was said. They never said it was dirty. They pretty much said they saw a teammate get destroyed and wanted to exact revenge for it. In the grand scheme of hockey, fighting can do that. You just saw your teammate got clobbered and injured. As a teammate I would want to stand up for the guy and let the other team know that if you do that were coming right back at you. Players dont have the benefit of the replay we have. Sometimes they don't even see the actual hit and are responding to the end result.

On a side note, I really do believe the whistle should have blown. IMO thats a poor decision by the refs. If a guy shoots his arms up like that and attempts to get up and fails, you know hes in bad shape.

Edited by cnot19

On a side note, I really do believe the whistle should have blown. IMO thats a poor decision by the refs. If a guy shoots his arms up like that and attempts to get up and fails, you know hes in bad shape.

Why? They don't blow the whistle if a Wing goes down. That would be almost as bad as the other team trying to start a fight and stopping play. Hits separate people from the puck and typically create scoring chances, it's unfortunate if someone is incapacitated but that's the sport of hockey. We should have scored on that play.

it was a 100% clean hit, there is absolutely no debate, the debate is whether it is suspendable or not. Which illustrates the joke this league has turned into.

My first view was when I thought it was illegal. From that vantage point, I thought his elbow made primary contact with Voracek's head. After seeing other angles and slowing it down etc. I saw that it was legal.

I'm just glad it didn't result in a suspension anyway.

I do agree with the Phili announcer. There should have been a whistle. If a team's player is in another county and a different time zone, they should be able to replace him on the ice.

Why? They don't blow the whistle if a Wing goes down. That would be almost as bad as the other team trying to start a fight and stopping play. Hits separate people from the puck and typically create scoring chances, it's unfortunate if someone is incapacitated but that's the sport of hockey. We should have scored on that play.

The rules state that if the ref deems a player so injured or incapacitated the whistle should be blown. If this isnt a glaring example of that im not sure what is. The fencing response by Voracek should be all thats needed for a whistle. I just think the safety of a player who is exhibiting a common reaction to a serious head injury should stop play.

My first view was when I thought it was illegal. From that vantage point, I thought his elbow made primary contact with Voracek's head. After seeing other angles and slowing it down etc. I saw that it was legal.

I'm just glad it didn't result in a suspension anyway.

I do agree with the Phili announcer. There should have been a whistle. If a team's player is in another county and a different time zone, they should be able to replace him on the ice.

Yea but whats to stop players from diving and acting like they are dead on breakaways just to try and get a stoppage in play?

The rules state that if the ref deems a player so injured or incapacitated the whistle should be blown. If this isnt a glaring example of that im not sure what is. The fencing response by Voracek should be all thats needed for a whistle. I just think the safety of a player who is exhibiting a common reaction to a serious head injury should stop play.

Agreed.

It was pretty clear he was out. Scoring chance or not that's a level of injury the refs need to stop play so the trainers can get out there.

Yea but whats to stop players from diving and acting like they are dead on breakaways just to try and get a stoppage in play?

Can you honestly say or think that Voracek was acting with that reaction? Theres a reason the ref has discretion. If it looks like a player is convulsing is a scoring chance more important than securing a players safety? Staying down if you hurt your knee is totally different from receiving a damaging blow to the head that disorients a player and causes a scary reaction like that.

When Nik Kronwall is involved, there should be no question. ;)

Tim Panaccio ‏ @tpanotchCSN Voracek uncertain of status for tomorrow. They r watching for concussion. Says hit was clean and his fault

:clap: :clap:

Good stuff Voracek. I'm just glad that he didn't pull a Teemu and whine about it.

It still blows my mind that people call the Teemu hit dirty.... Kronwall was standing still and only tried to hit Teemu because he skated DIRECTLY INTO KRONWALL haha.

Yeah... when I saw his arms flail up like that I was just like :o

Edited by wolverine1817

I agree, to an extent. If someone is injured, as was Voracek, the play should stop. I knew Voracek was out from the way his arms stiffened up from the moment I saw it. As with many things, I just wish they were consistent with it. I can't remember the number of times a Wing was flailing around on the ice and play just continued because the other team had possession. Safety is more important, I won't argue that.

Guest Heaten

I think it suspendable just because of the standards Shanny sent this year. I know it wasn't intentional, and I think the other guy should be responsible for not having his head up, but I think this is a text book suspendable hit, unfortunately.

I think it suspendable just because of the standards Shanny sent this year. I know it wasn't intentional, and I think the other guy should be responsible for not having his head up, but I think this is a text book suspendable hit, unfortunately.

I think the fact that this didn't get anything should have made it clear that these hits are legal

Guest Heaten

I think the fact that this didn't get anything should have made it clear that these hits are legal

Hope you're right. But who knows. Shanny is probably under some pressure because many will say he is favoring the Wings if he doesn't suspend Kronwall. who knows...

I didn't think Smith should have been suspended, and he was... So spin the wheel.