• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Holmstrom96

Kronwall Destroys Voracek

Rate this topic

Suspendable?  

247 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Amid the hoots and catcalls from the Flyers' ornery fans, and the evident hostility of the Flyers themselves, the Red Wings simply played on.

As for Kronwall, the time will come, and probably sooner than later, when he will immediately have to fight after one of his big checks. Even if it is entirely clean, as it was against Voracek, Kronwall will be challenged to fight.

And although he has a well-earned reputation as one of the most destructive open-ice hitters in the game, he is not known as a fighter. But he must be prepared to drop the gloves.

gkrupa@detnews.com

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120307/OPINION03/203070412/1128/rss16

Not suspension worthy at all

48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted. However, in determining whether such a hit should have been permitted, the circumstances of the hit, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit or the head contact on an otherwise legal body check was avoidable, can be considered.

Its either Kronwall plants him with a clean hit and you can't hit a guy in the chest when he already has his head tucked there, or he skates by him and watches him go the other way. Kronwall made the right play.

Jakub Vorachk has come out him self and said it was a clean hit and it was his fault....

/end thread

unfortunately, he is right. somebody will just start speed bagging him someday before the refs can get in there, and he will indeed have to fight.

Yep. I'm not sure if I agree with the thought process and reasoning behind a rushed pummeling but whether or not anyone does is pretty much irrelevant. I can already see a game where a combination among perhaps O'Halloran, Watson or LaRue are out there as stripes and they don't jump in there as quickly after a big Kronwall hit. Like Selanne said last year, someone's going to get him eventually. I just hope he's ready for it and can hold his own much better than what the stereotype is about his fighting ability. If you asked a bunch of Wings fans about how Kronwall would do in a real fight with no refs to protect him you'd get an ugly answer about an ugly performance with perhaps some crude references to ducking like Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao. Right now, they wouldn't exactly be wrong but we don't know for sure. With the way things are, you shouldn't have to answer the bell every time but it seems like the reality of these days is that you will eventually have to raise your fists.

Kronwall has pretty much allowed the refs to protect him or "turtled" after his hit on Hemsky. A part of that I think is because he still believes that he shouldn't have to answer for himself in a big hit to fight type of situation. Another part of it has to be because he simply doesn't have experience in that part of the game. I think that eventually he'll want to prove himself in regards to that kind of "gutless" or "chicken" hearsay because while he's a smart guy who values the intelligence in his game he is also a strong competitor with a lot of pride.

Edited by Red Wings Addict

Hope you're right. But who knows. Shanny is probably under some pressure because many will say he is favoring the Wings if he doesn't suspend Kronwall. who knows...

I didn't think Smith should have been suspended, and he was... So spin the wheel.

just so you know it was already announced that he isn't going to be disciplined.

Guest Heaten

just so you know it was already announced that he isn't going to be disciplined.

I didn't know. that should be edited in the thread title.

Thanks

I thought it was clean last night, and loved it. I am very glad Voracek didn't get hurt... I think banging his head on the ice (as a result of the hit) was the worst thing. I am sure Nik is glad he's OK, too. It's part of the game - or was - to deliver hits like that. Kronwall is old-school. Glad he's a Wing.

Good decision. :thumbup:

Edited by puckloo39

Can you honestly say or think that Voracek was acting with that reaction? Theres a reason the ref has discretion. If it looks like a player is convulsing is a scoring chance more important than securing a players safety? Staying down if you hurt your knee is totally different from receiving a damaging blow to the head that disorients a player and causes a scary reaction like that.

Where did I say that anywhere in my post that Voracek was faking?

unfortunately, he is right. somebody will just start speed bagging him someday before the refs can get in there, and he will indeed have to fight.

That just sounds.......gross for some reason....hahahah

Where did I say that anywhere in my post that Voracek was faking?

I didn't mean to say you said Voracek was faking. You said that players may act in certain situations. I was trying to say that simply does not apply in this case because Voracek was clearly not acting. I didnt see what the relevance was of you pointing out players might fake an injury. There is a reason the ref has the discretion, and I think the refs failed last night to stop a play that should have been.

Honestly, a day after the hit Voracek and the Flyers have gained a bit of respect from me. The guy takes it on the button, has every right to be a bitter Kesler about it, and yet he says over and over that the fault was his own. Jagr chimes in saying that without those hits "its basketball". This takes more guts than a lot of folks might think and I wish him a swift recovery. Pretty brassy, Jakub! :clap:

TSN interviews: http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip633645#clip633645

Guest Crymson

Honestly, a day after the hit Voracek and the Flyers have gained a bit of respect from me. The guy takes it on the button, has every right to be a bitter Kesler about it, and yet he says over and over that the fault was his own. Jagr chimes in saying that without those hits "its basketball". This takes more guts than a lot of folks might think and I wish him a swift recovery. Pretty brassy, Jakub! :clap:

TSN interviews: http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip633645#clip633645

Yet Flyers fans are continuing on with their whining and pretending that this didn't occur.

Mad props to Voracek in that interview.

I got to be aware Kronwall is on the blue line.
I saw him standing on the blue line so I was kind of naive and thought he was going to backup and obviously it was a tough hit to take.
Those hits should stay in the game.

On a side note, why do interviews with Jagr look like they were filmed in the 90s?

After hearing Voracek's reaction to the hit, as well as Jagr chiming in to say it's part of the game and should stay, I have very grudging respect for the Flyers.

“I think it was clean,” [Voracek] said. “I had my head down…..I saw him standing on the blue line and I was kind of naive and thought he was going to back up. It was a tough hit to take, but I think it was a clean hit from my side. It was my bad, and I think those hits should stay in the game.”

linky

I became a fan of this kid after the way he handled the entire situation. Can you imagine certain other players if Kronner had done the same to them? :cool:

Edited by puckloo39

Crosby was asked today during the Pens/Leafs game and said "Kronwall is exactly what is wrong with hockey today.. If the NHL will not do anything about it, it is up to the players. He'll look up one day and see my fists of fury"

Actually, he gave some wishy-washy 'it could go either way' answer - I like mine better.

I read through this thread but this isn't a "new trend". Just ask Paul Kariya (if he can remember) what Scott Stevens did to him about a decade ago. And that was at the blue line, head down, OPEN ICE. These guys getting Kronwalled are idiots who already have the protection of the side boards. It is their own fault. Plain and simple. Coming up the boards without even glancing is asking to be leveled. Granted some hits are dirtier than other, but a lot of them are clean and the clean ones are the forwards fault 100% of the time. But no matter what, clean hits hurt can hurt just as much as dirty hits.

^^^lol you had me til the last sentence of your "quote"

******* Kesler... I'm inclined to like people from Michigan, but jesus does he make it hard

I have two good reasons not to like him.

1. He attended Ohio State

2. He grew up cheering for the Minnesota North Stars

Edited by Hockeymom1960