• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Holmstrom96

Kronwall Destroys Voracek

Rate this topic

Suspendable?  

247 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have two good reasons not to like him.

1. He attended Ohio State

2. He grew up cheering for the Minnesota North Stars

And the Avalanche too, right? Big no-no to Wings fans I would think.

This hit on Clowe surprised me a little. It made me realize maybe Kronner is stronger than I think he is. At the same time when I saw him hit Kesler this past year I wondered why he couldn't do the same or why he felt as if he had to leave his feet a little. It was like his hit on Ruutu.

I read through this thread but this isn't a "new trend". Just ask Paul Kariya (if he can remember) what Scott Stevens did to him about a decade ago. And that was at the blue line, head down, OPEN ICE.

The Stevens-Kariya hit was nothing like a Kronwall hit. The puck was on the left wing and Kariya was at centre ice when he got levelled, but that was Stevens MO. Most of his monster hits were after the puck, or the whistle, had gone.

The Stevens-Kariya hit was nothing like a Kronwall hit. The puck was on the left wing and Kariya was at centre ice when he got levelled, but that was Stevens MO. Most of his monster hits were after the puck, or the whistle, had gone.

his biggest hits usually have the puck right there

Are you seriously claiming that some of Scott Steven's big hits were after the whistle?

The guy was a devastating hitter, even moreso than Kronwall. And while some of his top ten hits on youtube would be borderline in todays game, most of hits were and still would be legal. He kept his skates glued to the ice and almost always had his elbows tucked.

As much as I loathed Scott Stevens - he was an animal on the blue line...They don't make'em like that anymore.

Agreed. I hated him when he played, but that guy was a devastating hitter and afraid of no one. I remember one game against the Wings someone actually caught Stevens with his head down and crushed him with a great bodycheck. He was clearly hurting, but got up laughing.

It was fitting that guy played for the Devils.

his biggest hits usually have the puck right there

That video rocked. I love how after most of his hits, he just stood there tall like nothing staring down at the opponent. And I don't know how many times I imagined him saying, 'Get back in your ******* bench' during that video.

I gotta say, even though I think their fans are some of the biggest douchebags of all NHL fans, I have definitely gained some respect for the Flyers. (note: some)

Pretty much any other team out there would have thrown a ******* temper tantrum and been screaming about how Kronner should be booted without question.

I had never really noticed it before seeing all Stevens' hits in succession, but in at least a third of his really punishing hits happened with a teammate more or less setting the opposition player "up on the rails", so to speak. Almost sealing the player with the puck in such a way to bot get their attention on them and away from Stevens and also straighten their path into him. I wonder if this is some weird coincidence or if that was the M.O. the whole time.

In some ways this reminds me of the Stuart hit on Umberger vs Columbus in the playoffs. Voracek and Umberger looked up briefly, fiddled with the puck, and never anticipated how fast the gap was closing when they turned up ice.

Guest Crymson

This is some of the worst photohopping I've ever seen. So awesome :lol:

I'm pretty sure it's MS Paint, actually.

I gotta say, even though I think their fans are some of the biggest douchebags of all NHL fans, I have definitely gained some respect for the Flyers. (note: some)

Pretty much any other team out there would have thrown a ******* temper tantrum and been screaming about how Kronner should be booted without question.

I agree. Over on hfboards there were a surprising amount of Flyers fans who thought it was a clean hard hit. They weren't even whining about Kronwall not fighting.

Guest Crymson

I agree. Over on hfboards there were a surprising amount of Flyers fans who thought it was a clean hard hit. They weren't even whining about Kronwall not fighting.

There were others who were whining vociferously about the hit and accusing Kronwall of not "standing up" for his hits (i.e. fighting afterward). They seemed intent on ignoring the fact that their own team's players had called the hit clean. HF is full of morons, though, so I'm not surprised at such behavior.

Edited by Crymson

There were others who were whining vociferously about the hit and accusing Kronwall of not "standing up" for his hits (i.e. fighting afterward). They seemed intent on ignoring the fact that their own team's players had called the hit clean. HF is full of morons, though, so I'm not surprised at such behavior.

That's the thing, I expected it to be 100% flyers fans complaining about the hit. There were plenty of fans of other teams who were, but among the Flyers fans it seemed almost 50/50 which is surprising. Especially given the general caliber of posts on hfboards.

There's a thread there right now that's about a horribly written "article" about Kronwall by one of the hf staff. It's yet another example of how the staff there are no more informed or unbiased than the average fan there.

That's the thing, I expected it to be 100% flyers fans complaining about the hit. There were plenty of fans of other teams who were, but among the Flyers fans it seemed almost 50/50 which is surprising. Especially given the general caliber of posts on hfboards.

There's a thread there right now that's about a horribly written "article" about Kronwall by one of the hf staff. It's yet another example of how the staff there are no more informed or unbiased than the average fan there.

in general hf boards if very anti-hitting if you have any attitude that hockey should be tough you can bet your ass you will be warned about "being mean to others".

in general hf boards if very anti-hitting if you have any attitude that hockey should be tough you can bet your ass you will be warned about "being mean to others".

Well, their biggest beef with Kronwall is that he doesn't fight after hits. Any time a player is suspended for a hit, people whine about how they're trying to take big hits out of the game. But having to drop the gloves after a big hit somehow doesn't discourage hitting to them.

Though there are people there who feel he somehow should've not made the hit knowing he was going to hit Voracek so hard.

I can understand people wishing Kronwall would fight just once or twice after a big hit, but it's mostly nonsense over there.

Well, their biggest beef with Kronwall is that he doesn't fight after hits. Any time a player is suspended for a hit, people whine about how they're trying to take big hits out of the game. But having to drop the gloves after a big hit somehow doesn't discourage hitting to them.

Though there are people there who feel he somehow should've not made the hit knowing he was going to hit Voracek so hard.

I can understand people wishing Kronwall would fight just once or twice after a big hit, but it's mostly nonsense over there.

i mean in general, if you say anything like " i think kronwall is gonna crush someone tonight" they will give you a warning, tsn does the same thing. When we played the canucks i wrote "I think kronwall will catch booth tonight" and they refused to publish it.

I understand why folks call for him to "answer" for his hits, clean or otherwise, but it is complete nonsense. More than anything its butt-hurt.

Lets for the sake of simplicity call it Kesler-Clowe Syndrome (KCS): if a smaller guy, who has never fought before and seems in their mind physically inferior to themselves, all of a sudden puts them on tomorrow's highlight reel by folding them like a lawn chair, despite a few inches of height and pounds of weight, the knee-jerk response is butt-hurt and the KCS desire to redeem one's self.

Kronwall will "troll", shrug it off and get twice his moneys worth with the hit and a penalty for your retaliation, which as a Wings fan is one of the best parts of watching Kronwall do his thing (though sometimes the refs jumping in front of him is a bit...well, you know). Its one thing to want to retaliate in the moment, on the ice, and for some, their pride is worth the two minutes (especially since the Wings PP is so flacid). Its another thing to carry your pout into the post-game interviews and say something as moronic as "you can't lay a hit like that without having to fight afterwards", like there is some unwritten rule that if you're hurt or embarrassed in play you get to even it out on my face.

i mean in general, if you say anything like " i think kronwall is gonna crush someone tonight" they will give you a warning, tsn does the same thing. When we played the canucks i wrote "I think kronwall will catch booth tonight" and they refused to publish it.

Its funny how moderators can be so ridiculously bias and still be allowed to lord over open forums. Even on HockeyStreams, hearing Wings fan and moderator Steve-O is a bit shameful. Every call against the Wings is unjustified, every hit on a Wing dirty, every opposition goal is either an uncalled penalty or would-be disallowed goal. The fates conspire against the Wings in everything and the opposition always has an unfair advantage.

Me, I'm a "blame the Wings first" kinda guy, just ask Crymson, who is of the "***** about the bitching" persuasion :D

The funniest thing over on hfboards about the hit is that one of the actual staff there wrote an "article" (blog) condemning Kronwall for the hit. And in the thread about it was saying things like any NHL defenseman could catch guys like Kronwall does and crush them, but they choose not to out of respect for their fellow players.

:lol:

Guest Crymson

The funniest thing over on hfboards about the hit is that one of the actual staff there wrote an "article" (blog) condemning Kronwall for the hit. And in the thread about it was saying things like any NHL defenseman could catch guys like Kronwall does and crush them, but they choose not to out of respect for their fellow players.

:lol:

There's also a stink made about the fact that he doesn't fight, as if he's obligated to fight after making clean hits.

Its funny how moderators can be so ridiculously bias and still be allowed to lord over open forums. Even on HockeyStreams, hearing Wings fan and moderator Steve-O is a bit shameful. Every call against the Wings is unjustified, every hit on a Wing dirty, every opposition goal is either an uncalled penalty or would-be disallowed goal. The fates conspire against the Wings in everything and the opposition always has an unfair advantage.

Yeah, Steve-o is certainly very biased. However, he's not even a moderator, really; he just hangs around in the chatroom. I guess he can eject from the room anyone who is being exceptionally obnoxious, but I've never seen him do it. In all, his homerism doesn't really have any tangible effect upon the experience there.

Sadly, this isn't the case on HF, in which many staff members and moderators are wont to constantly take sides and make biased moderation decisions. It's very apparent that none of the mods are supervised from above.

Me, I'm a "blame the Wings first" kinda guy, just ask Crymson, who is of the "***** about the bitching" persuasion :D

Someone's gotta do it.

Guest Crymson
Puck Daddy article on the topic. I don't post this because the article has any merit, but rather because it's a terrible article that got ripped on by very nearly every single person who posted a comment on the page. Ryan Lambert is Puck Daddy's resident Wings-hater--he seems completely unable to prevent his raging hatred for the Wings from being reflected in every article he writes that even mentions them--and is widely regarded by readers as the single worst writer Pucky Daddy employs. It's beyond me how this moron, whose every article is widely accosted by readers, manages to keep his job. Edited by Crymson