#61 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

Made this for fun. Too soon?

Yes, too soon.

However, I laughed my ass off and nearly peed myself.

I really do hope he is OK.

Edited by Holmstrom96, 07 March 2012 - 06:47 AM.

#62 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

your mom goes to college

• PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

As for Voracek, the way his arms flailed out after the hit seemed indicative of decerebrate posturing, which is quite serious and implies severe brain damage. I hope Voracek the best, and would love to see him back on the ice soon.

Wrong. Did you even read the link you provided? The position of his arms is called the fencing response and tends to indicate that you just got knocked the f*** out. Don't you ever watch boxing or mma? Voracek only had his arms raised for a split second and was immediately conscious and on his knees. He might have a slight concussion, if at all.

Edited by Bannedforlife, 07 March 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#63 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

Oh sweet jesus..lol that was incredible. No suspension, dude should have kept his head up.

#64 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:25 AM

Made this for fun. Too soon?

Try posting that on the Flyers' board :ph34r:

#65 Hack & Whack Rule!

Hack & Whack Rule!

Goofy Wingnut

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

I am with HaroldSnepsts on the Kronwall issue. There are times when he has left the ice before a hit, maybe even been guilty of an elbow here and there. I think there are times when he could have been suspended, and I would have said he deserved it.
With Voracek, it's just not the case. He's admiring his own footwork, leaning forward, with his head being used to make himself more aerodynamic. Blammo (no, I don't often use the word "blammo")! In comes Kronner! If you want to play hockey with your head down, this is going to happen. The contact with the head was incidental, as far as I can see. By that, I mean that to deliver a hit, the head could not be avoided. What I think needs to be addressed, though, is the way players will go after another player for delivering a devastating hit on some numpty that can't keep his eyes up. If it's a clean hit, with no call from the ref, and players start taking shots at Kronwall and whacking him with a stick, why aren't they getting roughing penalties, or instigating penalties when someone (Abby) sticks up for him?
Uhh...you might want to duck!

#66 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=123678

NHL video examples of legal hits to the head.

The Kronner hit seems to just scream, put me in this montage of hits that were clean of intent.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#67 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389661 tsn calling it a "elbow to head" that he "didn't see coming". We should all spam the tsn page telling them how bad their reporting is.
Posted Image

The video doesn't mention an elbow or something so I'm assuming the writer that did that was a Phillys fan or something.
Nevertheless, they also botched the Wing's home winning streak,f****** up the amount of wins they've won and stuff even though they clearly said it in the audio. I may be finding a new sports station.

#68 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:05 AM

Kronwall's hits have been pretty consistent. He has done worse than this when he has left his feet in the past. I think what needs to be looked at is Voracek's body positioning. Kronwall is already in motion to make the hit when Voracek bends to try to play the puck which means his head is now where Kronner expected his chest to be (level wise).

#69 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

I voted yes, but after about 6 more repeats and doing pauseplaypauseplay repeatedly, I think I am in the "clean hit" camp now.

At least I hope he doesn't get suspended. We need him.

#70 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

Honestly, that's not even close to being borderline like some of his hits may have been in the past. He didn't even have an upward motion. Voracek shouldn't have had his head so low. If you can't make that hit every player will just start skating bent over so they won't get hit.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#71 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

Kronner needs to hold a summer camp to teach young wingers how to breakout along the boards.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#72 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

Kronner needs to hold a summer camp to teach young wingers how to breakout along the boards.

Maybe go to an OHL camp or something. You might say in his case an Allsvenskan or League I or II but the open ice in Sweden is so freegin huge that I'm not sure how he pulled those off during his days in the SEL.

#73 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=620874

NHL.com's report:

...Voracek skated off after a thunderous second-period hit by Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall just inside the Flyers' blue line. Voracek was reaching for the puck with his head down, and Kronwall flattened him. He stayed on his knees until the next whistle, needed help to get to the bench and left for the locker room. Voracek did not come out for the third period; the Flyers said after the game that he had stitches in his upper and lower mouth...

#74 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hit of the year.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#75 SidAbelsSon

SidAbelsSon

Rookie

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

Clean hit only avoidable if Voracek kept his head up. No suspension warranted.

#76 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

Wow what a hit!!!! I ended up spilling my water all over myself. Players need to know who's out on the ice and keep your head up. They can't take hits like this out of the game. You don't like to see players get hurt but it's a clean hit
IPB Image

#77 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

Hit of the year.

I think this one wins that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOnXZpPwkoU

But certainly this hit, and a few others Kronner has had this year, was beautiful.

#78 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

I voted yes, but after about 6 more repeats and doing pauseplaypauseplay repeatedly, I think I am in the "clean hit" camp now.

At least I hope he doesn't get suspended. We need him.

it was a 100% clean hit, there is absolutely no debate, the debate is whether it is suspendable or not. Which illustrates the joke this league has turned into.

Hit of the year.

2nd biggest, it just doesn't beat the neil hit, although it is close.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#79 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

The Flyers are retarded. In several post-game comments they essentially admit it was clean, but call Kronwall a ***** anyway.

“Dirty or not, I think it is frustrating for guys in this dressing room to see a hit like this,'' Talbot said. “Obviously, a lot of guys wanted to see Kronwall, and he didn't want to answer for his act.

"It is something that he thought was a clean hit, so you can't blame the guy.''

So...on the one hand "he didn't want to answer for his act" even though said act was legal and required no answering. Then you turn around and say you can't blame him? You can't insult the guy and then defend him in two sentences.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#80 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

I have one thing to say to dudes coming up Kronwall's side of the ice.....

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP !

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"