• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#121 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

Tim Panaccio ‏ @tpanotchCSN Voracek uncertain of status for tomorrow. They r watching for concussion. Says hit was clean and his fault

:clap: :clap:
Good stuff Voracek. I'm just glad that he didn't pull a Teemu and whine about it.

It still blows my mind that people call the Teemu hit dirty.... Kronwall was standing still and only tried to hit Teemu because he skated DIRECTLY INTO KRONWALL haha.

On a side note, I really do believe the whistle should have blown. IMO thats a poor decision by the refs. If a guy shoots his arms up like that and attempts to get up and fails, you know hes in bad shape.

Yeah... when I saw his arms flail up like that I was just like :o

Edited by wolverine1817, 07 March 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#122 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

The rules state that if the ref deems a player so injured or incapacitated the whistle should be blown. If this isnt a glaring example of that im not sure what is. The fencing response by Voracek should be all thats needed for a whistle. I just think the safety of a player who is exhibiting a common reaction to a serious head injury should stop play.

I agree, to an extent. If someone is injured, as was Voracek, the play should stop. I knew Voracek was out from the way his arms stiffened up from the moment I saw it. As with many things, I just wish they were consistent with it. I can't remember the number of times a Wing was flailing around on the ice and play just continued because the other team had possession. Safety is more important, I won't argue that.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#123 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

I think it suspendable just because of the standards Shanny sent this year. I know it wasn't intentional, and I think the other guy should be responsible for not having his head up, but I think this is a text book suspendable hit, unfortunately.

#124 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

I think it suspendable just because of the standards Shanny sent this year. I know it wasn't intentional, and I think the other guy should be responsible for not having his head up, but I think this is a text book suspendable hit, unfortunately.

I think the fact that this didn't get anything should have made it clear that these hits are legal

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#125 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

I think the fact that this didn't get anything should have made it clear that these hits are legal

Hope you're right. But who knows. Shanny is probably under some pressure because many will say he is favoring the Wings if he doesn't suspend Kronwall. who knows...

I didn't think Smith should have been suspended, and he was... So spin the wheel.

#126 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

Amid the hoots and catcalls from the Flyers' ornery fans, and the evident hostility of the Flyers themselves, the Red Wings simply played on.

As for Kronwall, the time will come, and probably sooner than later, when he will immediately have to fight after one of his big checks. Even if it is entirely clean, as it was against Voracek, Kronwall will be challenged to fight.

And although he has a well-earned reputation as one of the most destructive open-ice hitters in the game, he is not known as a fighter. But he must be prepared to drop the gloves.

gkrupa@detnews.com

http://www.detroitne...0412/1128/rss16

#127 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

unfortunately, he is right. somebody will just start speed bagging him someday before the refs can get in there, and he will indeed have to fight.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#128 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

Not suspension worthy at all

48.1 Illegal Check to the Head A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted. However, in determining whether such a hit should have been permitted, the circumstances of the hit, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit or the head contact on an otherwise legal body check was avoidable, can be considered.

Its either Kronwall plants him with a clean hit and you can't hit a guy in the chest when he already has his head tucked there, or he skates by him and watches him go the other way. Kronwall made the right play.

Jakub Vorachk has come out him self and said it was a clean hit and it was his fault....

/end thread

#129 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

unfortunately, he is right. somebody will just start speed bagging him someday before the refs can get in there, and he will indeed have to fight.

Yep. I'm not sure if I agree with the thought process and reasoning behind a rushed pummeling but whether or not anyone does is pretty much irrelevant. I can already see a game where a combination among perhaps O'Halloran, Watson or LaRue are out there as stripes and they don't jump in there as quickly after a big Kronwall hit. Like Selanne said last year, someone's going to get him eventually. I just hope he's ready for it and can hold his own much better than what the stereotype is about his fighting ability. If you asked a bunch of Wings fans about how Kronwall would do in a real fight with no refs to protect him you'd get an ugly answer about an ugly performance with perhaps some crude references to ducking like Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao. Right now, they wouldn't exactly be wrong but we don't know for sure. With the way things are, you shouldn't have to answer the bell every time but it seems like the reality of these days is that you will eventually have to raise your fists.

Kronwall has pretty much allowed the refs to protect him or "turtled" after his hit on Hemsky. A part of that I think is because he still believes that he shouldn't have to answer for himself in a big hit to fight type of situation. Another part of it has to be because he simply doesn't have experience in that part of the game. I think that eventually he'll want to prove himself in regards to that kind of "gutless" or "chicken" hearsay because while he's a smart guy who values the intelligence in his game he is also a strong competitor with a lot of pride.

Edited by Red Wings Addict, 07 March 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#130 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

Hope you're right. But who knows. Shanny is probably under some pressure because many will say he is favoring the Wings if he doesn't suspend Kronwall. who knows...

I didn't think Smith should have been suspended, and he was... So spin the wheel.

just so you know it was already announced that he isn't going to be disciplined.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#131 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

just so you know it was already announced that he isn't going to be disciplined.

I didn't know. that should be edited in the thread title.

Thanks

#132 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Giroux and Voracek both called it clean.

#133 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

I thought it was clean last night, and loved it. I am very glad Voracek didn't get hurt... I think banging his head on the ice (as a result of the hit) was the worst thing. I am sure Nik is glad he's OK, too. It's part of the game - or was - to deliver hits like that. Kronwall is old-school. Glad he's a Wing.

Good decision. :thumbup:

Edited by puckloo39, 07 March 2012 - 04:24 PM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#134 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

Giroux and Voracek both called it clean.

So did Tocchet, Laviolette pretty much inferred it to be clean.
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#135 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Can you honestly say or think that Voracek was acting with that reaction? Theres a reason the ref has discretion. If it looks like a player is convulsing is a scoring chance more important than securing a players safety? Staying down if you hurt your knee is totally different from receiving a damaging blow to the head that disorients a player and causes a scary reaction like that.

Where did I say that anywhere in my post that Voracek was faking?

That just sounds.......gross for some reason....hahahah
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#136 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

I've said it before but I'm still actually surprised that up to this point no one has actually just grabbed him and started punching the s*** out of him, clean hit or not.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#137 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

Where did I say that anywhere in my post that Voracek was faking?

I didn't mean to say you said Voracek was faking. You said that players may act in certain situations. I was trying to say that simply does not apply in this case because Voracek was clearly not acting. I didnt see what the relevance was of you pointing out players might fake an injury. There is a reason the ref has the discretion, and I think the refs failed last night to stop a play that should have been.
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#138 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

I've said it before but I'm still actually surprised that up to this point no one has actually just grabbed him and started punching the s*** out of him, clean hit or not.

esteef

Maybe because after that said fight then they would be targeted for a kronwall'n? =)
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#139 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

Honestly, a day after the hit Voracek and the Flyers have gained a bit of respect from me. The guy takes it on the button, has every right to be a bitter Kesler about it, and yet he says over and over that the fault was his own. Jagr chimes in saying that without those hits "its basketball". This takes more guts than a lot of folks might think and I wish him a swift recovery. Pretty brassy, Jakub! :clap:

TSN interviews: http://watch.tsn.ca/...3645#clip633645

#140 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

Good to hear the Flyers comments. Nobody likes getting lit up, but at least acknowledge it was a good hit. Respect for Voracek and Jagr :thumbup:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien