• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#141 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

Honestly, a day after the hit Voracek and the Flyers have gained a bit of respect from me. The guy takes it on the button, has every right to be a bitter Kesler about it, and yet he says over and over that the fault was his own. Jagr chimes in saying that without those hits "its basketball". This takes more guts than a lot of folks might think and I wish him a swift recovery. Pretty brassy, Jakub! :clap:

TSN interviews: http://watch.tsn.ca/...3645#clip633645

Yet Flyers fans are continuing on with their whining and pretending that this didn't occur.

#142 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

Mad props to Voracek in that interview.

I got to be aware Kronwall is on the blue line.

I saw him standing on the blue line so I was kind of naive and thought he was going to backup and obviously it was a tough hit to take.

Those hits should stay in the game.

On a side note, why do interviews with Jagr look like they were filmed in the 90s?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#143 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

On a side note, why do interviews with Jagr look like they were filmed in the 90s?

His curly perm do? And its in his contract that he is only filmed on beta format.

#144 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

After hearing Voracek's reaction to the hit, as well as Jagr chiming in to say it's part of the game and should stay, I have very grudging respect for the Flyers.

“I think it was clean,” [Voracek] said. “I had my head down…..I saw him standing on the blue line and I was kind of naive and thought he was going to back up. It was a tough hit to take, but I think it was a clean hit from my side. It was my bad, and I think those hits should stay in the game.”

linky

I became a fan of this kid after the way he handled the entire situation. Can you imagine certain other players if Kronner had done the same to them? :cool:

Edited by puckloo39, 07 March 2012 - 09:03 PM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#145 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

Can you imagine certain other players if Kronner had done the same to them? :cool:

Posted Image
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#146 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

Crosby was asked today during the Pens/Leafs game and said "Kronwall is exactly what is wrong with hockey today.. If the NHL will not do anything about it, it is up to the players. He'll look up one day and see my fists of fury"

Actually, he gave some wishy-washy 'it could go either way' answer - I like mine better.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#147 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

^^^lol you had me til the last sentence of your "quote"

******* Kesler... I'm inclined to like people from Michigan, but jesus does he make it hard

#148 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

Good on Voracek.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#149 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:52 AM

I read through this thread but this isn't a "new trend". Just ask Paul Kariya (if he can remember) what Scott Stevens did to him about a decade ago. And that was at the blue line, head down, OPEN ICE. These guys getting Kronwalled are idiots who already have the protection of the side boards. It is their own fault. Plain and simple. Coming up the boards without even glancing is asking to be leveled. Granted some hits are dirtier than other, but a lot of them are clean and the clean ones are the forwards fault 100% of the time. But no matter what, clean hits hurt can hurt just as much as dirty hits.

#150 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

^^^lol you had me til the last sentence of your "quote"

******* Kesler... I'm inclined to like people from Michigan, but jesus does he make it hard

I have two good reasons not to like him.

1. He attended Ohio State
2. He grew up cheering for the Minnesota North Stars

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 08 March 2012 - 07:20 AM.

#151 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

Can you imagine certain other players if Kronner had done the same to them? :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weFx9DMiros

#152 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

I have two good reasons not to like him.

1. He attended Ohio State
2. He grew up cheering for the Minnesota North Stars

And the Avalanche too, right? Big no-no to Wings fans I would think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weFx9DMiros

This hit on Clowe surprised me a little. It made me realize maybe Kronner is stronger than I think he is. At the same time when I saw him hit Kesler this past year I wondered why he couldn't do the same or why he felt as if he had to leave his feet a little. It was like his hit on Ruutu.

#153 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

I read through this thread but this isn't a "new trend". Just ask Paul Kariya (if he can remember) what Scott Stevens did to him about a decade ago. And that was at the blue line, head down, OPEN ICE.

The Stevens-Kariya hit was nothing like a Kronwall hit. The puck was on the left wing and Kariya was at centre ice when he got levelled, but that was Stevens MO. Most of his monster hits were after the puck, or the whistle, had gone.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#154 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

The Stevens-Kariya hit was nothing like a Kronwall hit. The puck was on the left wing and Kariya was at centre ice when he got levelled, but that was Stevens MO. Most of his monster hits were after the puck, or the whistle, had gone.

his biggest hits usually have the puck right there

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#155 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,872 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

Are you seriously claiming that some of Scott Steven's big hits were after the whistle?

The guy was a devastating hitter, even moreso than Kronwall. And while some of his top ten hits on youtube would be borderline in todays game, most of hits were and still would be legal. He kept his skates glued to the ice and almost always had his elbows tucked.

#156 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

As much as I loathed Scott Stevens - he was an animal on the blue line...They don't make'em like that anymore.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#157 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,872 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

As much as I loathed Scott Stevens - he was an animal on the blue line...They don't make'em like that anymore.

Agreed. I hated him when he played, but that guy was a devastating hitter and afraid of no one. I remember one game against the Wings someone actually caught Stevens with his head down and crushed him with a great bodycheck. He was clearly hurting, but got up laughing.

It was fitting that guy played for the Devils.

#158 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

his biggest hits usually have the puck right there

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yY1bUvx3_ao

That video rocked. I love how after most of his hits, he just stood there tall like nothing staring down at the opponent. And I don't know how many times I imagined him saying, 'Get back in yourf****** bench' during that video.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#159 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Scott Stevens was a pleasure to watch. One of, if not my favorite defenseman to watch.
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#160 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

I gotta say, even though I think their fans are some of the biggest douchebags of all NHL fans, I have definitely gained some respect for the Flyers. (note: some)

Pretty much any other team out there would have thrown af****** temper tantrum and been screaming about how Kronner should be booted without question.