• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Playoff race thread

Rate this topic

A few things:

1) radulov isnt coming back.

2) Even if we end up playing Nashville guess what? Until last night we were 3-1 against them on the season and the lone defeat came at the hands of a huge FLUKE last second bouncer from Weber in December. Last night we had half the building chanting Lets go RedWings and we outplayed them while missing 7 REGULARS!

Lids, Dats, Howie, Bert are cornerstone players anywhere in the league and weve been competitive without all of them! Its not 2002 - we cant stack the deck every year and sell the farm for every free agent on the market. 13 games left - if the boys finish strong and win 9 or 10 of them (especially the head to heads against the Blues and Preds) we still have a very good chance at taking the central. That being said - ill take a first round matchup against Nashville over a San Jose or Chicago any day of the week.

I wouldn't want to play Nashville solely because of Rinne. He can steal a series all by himself.

If he gets on a roll, that could be all Nashville needs.

Same thing with LA. Quick would scare me a bit in a short 7 game series.

I wouldn't want to play Nashville solely because of Rinne. He can steal a series all by himself.

I remember Vokoun and Ellis, too.

This isn't 2003 Giguere we are talking about. And neither the Blues nor the Wings have Dave Lewis behind the benches, either.

Not to discredit your opinion because I think it's a good point to bring up, but I remember when everyone was saying the same stuff about bryzgalov when we took on the coyotes last year. Datsyuk absolutely abused that guy and Bryz still hasn't recovered.

Not to discredit your opinion because I think it's a good point to bring up, but I remember when everyone was saying the same stuff about bryzgalov when we took on the coyotes last year. Datsyuk absolutely abused that guy and Bryz still hasn't recovered.

Well Rinne hasn't proven too much in the playoffs. I would say right now the scariest goalie is Halak, considering he singlehandedly beat the pens and caps with ovi and crosby healthy. Of course Byzgalov had an amazing streak with the Ducks that one year, then faltered in later years. I don't think LA would ever be a threat if they made it in, Quick is good, but their team as a whole is just horribly underachieving and don't look to be making any progress.

Guest stinky fish taco

Even if they get Radulov, who would have to become acclimated to the system in time for the playoffs to start

same coach, same system, and a lot of the same players.

how long would it take, really?

Without home ice they are not beating the Canucks and that's a fact. They may also not beat St.Loser without home and even with home ice they are still not safe as the Preds, Hawks, Blues & Canucks can all beat this flawed Wings team in the playoffs. Just like the 2010 & 2011 Wings playoff teams this is just as flawed!

Ask Hudler.

On the flip side, Jagr is making the transition look pretty easy, especially for a 40 year old.

The level of play in the KHL isn't as high as in the NHL, but I'm guessing the bigger factor is how hard you train/practice/play over there. It's probably easier to take nights off and remain in the lineup. Something tells me Hudler wasn't hitting the gym in his KHL days as much as he does now.

On the flip side, Jagr is making the transition look pretty easy, especially for a 40 year old.

The level of play in the KHL isn't as high as in the NHL, but I'm guessing the bigger factor is how hard you train/practice/play over there. It's probably easier to take nights off and remain in the lineup. Something tells me Hudler wasn't hitting the gym in his KHL days as much as he does now.

While I have no idea how it is now, Radulov had reported work ethic issues around the time he was drafted, and for a couple of years thereafter. But even ignoring that, I'd suggest Radulov is a lot more comparable to Hudler, than an elite talent like Jagr.

Edited by Zetts

i'm sorry i couldn't add some valuable hockey analysis as you did by posting a reply with a "****** chill" video and nothing else.

well done.

You didn't add valuable hockey analysis or even attempt to do so. All you ever do is trash the Wings players, coaches, and management. It is a constant attempt, sometimes under the veil of hockey "analysis" and sometimes just blatantly for the purpose of trolling. Perhaps you notice your comments are never positive, even handed, or anything but degrading and denigrating some aspect of the Wings organization.

Edit: You are correct, however, that I did not add "valuable hockey analysis" countering the statement that "without home ice advantage they are not beating the Canucks and that is a fact." It was a silly statement and not deserving of a serious response so I didn't provide one. However, great analysis on your "Hudler blows" comment real valuable analysis.

Edited by Frozen-Man

Guest stinky fish taco

You didn't add valuable hockey analysis or even attempt to do so. All you ever do is trash the Wings players, coaches, and management. It is a constant attempt, sometimes under the veil of hockey "analysis" and sometimes just blatantly for the purpose of trolling. Perhaps you notice your comments are never positive, even handed, or anything but degrading and denigrating some aspect of the Wings organization.

there are red wings players that i really like.

hudler is not one of them, to say the least.

worry more about your own posting and less about mine.

While I have no idea how it is now, Radulov had reported work ethic issues around the time he was drafted, and for a couple of years thereafter. But even ignoring that, I'd suggest Radulov is a lot more comparable to Hudler, than an elite talent like Jagr.

Probably. Honestly I don't know how Radulov will transition back into the NHL, but you're right that he's probably more likely to be at the Hudler end of the spectrum. But I do believe that overall it probably has more to do with the kind of player and level of professionalism than it being something inherent in that league.

All I know is finishing 4th in the Conference will not get us a Cup!

I wouldn't say that but it will make it harder to do teams are so close theese days there is no sure things

Yes! 6th place is within reach, Chicago is just 2 pts behind woohoo ... :yowza:

i was thinking the same thing the last couple days...dallas would be a much more desirable opponenet than nashville. let the hawks take out nashville and come out beat up. i'll definitely be chearing for the preds tonight when they play the s***birds, as i was also hoping the rangers would get at least a point last night to stay ahead of the pens. hoping the Jets beat the caps tomorrow too and either the jets (preferably) or the sabres make it to 8th. rather watch a team with some heart and grit in the playoffs than the caps. i sorta feel bad for Ovie cause he busts his ass and the rest of his team aside from Backstrom, Alzner and Brouwer are pretty lame.

Yea for them not our guys who can't win on the road.

The problem with finishing 4th or lower means you have to start a series or two on the road and that pretty much automatically puts the Wings in an 0-2 hole!

Aside from 2010 against the Coyotes who haven't won a playoff series in forever you have to go all the way back to 1998 when the Wings last won a series where they didn't have home ice advantage.

In 97 & 98 they didn't need home ice all the way through b/c they used to have all the time before and never won the Cup so they stopped putting much emphasis on regular season standings but since then they need the #1 seed to get them the Cup e.g. 02 & 08.

And is that because we USUALLY have home ice advantage???