• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

Radulov, Kostitsyn bros, and Erat would all shut up pretty quickly if stuey or kronner laid some big hits early int he series.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#42 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,948 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

Let's keep it to over-analyzing hockey, not each other please.

#43 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

All I know is finishing 4th in the Conference will not get us a Cup!

I wouldn't say that but it will make it harder to do teams are so close theese days there is no sure things
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#44 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Yes! 6th place is within reach, Chicago is just 2 pts behind woohoo ... :yowza:

#45 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

Yes! 6th place is within reach, Chicago is just 2 pts behind woohoo ... :yowza:

i was thinking the same thing the last couple days...dallas would be a much more desirable opponenet than nashville. let the hawks take out nashville and come out beat up. i'll definitely be chearing for the preds tonight when they play the s***birds, as i was also hoping the rangers would get at least a point last night to stay ahead of the pens. hoping the Jets beat the caps tomorrow too and either the jets (preferably) or the sabres make it to 8th. rather watch a team with some heart and grit in the playoffs than the caps. i sorta feel bad for Ovie cause he busts his ass and the rest of his team aside from Backstrom, Alzner and Brouwer are pretty lame.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#46 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

Yea for them not our guys who can't win on the road.

The problem with finishing 4th or lower means you have to start a series or two on the road and that pretty much automatically puts the Wings in an 0-2 hole!

Aside from 2010 against the Coyotes who haven't won a playoff series in forever you have to go all the way back to 1998 when the Wings last won a series where they didn't have home ice advantage.

In 97 & 98 they didn't need home ice all the way through b/c they used to have all the time before and never won the Cup so they stopped putting much emphasis on regular season standings but since then they need the #1 seed to get them the Cup e.g. 02 & 08.

And is that because we USUALLY have home ice advantage???
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!