• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

Since Matt Cooke has significantly toned down his antics, and Sean Avery has fallen off the NHL radar, who is the NHL's biggest spot-picking, cheap-shotting agitator?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#2 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

I wouldn't call ott spot-picking or cheapshotting, but he is by far the best agitator.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#3 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,061 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

Brad Marchand for me. Just seeing his face makes me angry, no wonder Tim Connolly hip tossed his ass last night :hehe:

#NOMOREKINDL

#4 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

This season I'm leaning toward Lucic.
Posted Image

#5 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,844 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

I voted Ott as well.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#6 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

I wouldn't call ott spot-picking or cheapshotting, but he is by far the best agitator.

Agreed. I don't think he has much in the way of cheapshots, at least not compared to someone like Tootoo. But Ott gets my vote for the biggest agitator.

Burrows is just a cowardly finger-biting hair-pulling douchebag. I wouldn't necessarily call him an agitator. That implies it's an intentional strategy, versus it just being the essence of who he is as a player.

#7 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

I voted Ott. However, I wouldn't put him in the spot picking, cheap shot group like some other agitators.
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#8 Off the Post

Off the Post

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

I hate Burrows have to vote him.

#9 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

I'm still in shock about Cooke. This is the first year in a few that I haven't wanted to see him get his neck broke.

Of all people, who knew he'd be the one to choose to turn his style of play around...

#10 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

I voted Ott, and I echo the opinions already stated above that while he is not anywhere the cheap-shot artist of others in this list (and others not listed who easily could have been), he is definitely the premier agitator in the game today.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#11 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Living 30 minutes from Buffalo I see a lot of the sabres and let me tel you, if the wings played buffalo often Kaltea would be winning this poll in a land slide.

We all see Ott play in the western conference but man the s*** Kaleta pulls is ridiculous. Hes also a spot picker (when he does fight he wins a lot though, its strange)

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#12 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

Agreed. I don't think he has much in the way of cheapshots, at least not compared to someone like Tootoo. But Ott gets my vote for the biggest agitator.

Burrows is just a cowardly finger-biting hair-pulling douchebag. I wouldn't necessarily call him an agitator. That implies it's an intentional strategy, versus it just being the essence of who he is as a player.

The thing about ott is he starts to agitate guys at the worst possible times for the opponent. Right when he knows they are going to be easily pissed off. He also will go and hammer someone, get chased around, hammer the same guy then go after the guy chasing him with a big hit, then skate off the ice. This is perfection for pissing guys off and doing it legally.

Ott tries to draw penalties but he usually does it in this sort of comedic way that doesn't seem like he is serious, whereas when you see kesler or burrows, or kaleta or tootoo dive they all are brutally serious about it to the point when you have to say are you really a hockey player?

Living 30 minutes from Buffalo I see a lot of the sabres and let me tel you, if the wings played buffalo often Kaltea would be winning this poll in a land slide.

We all see Ott play in the western conference but man the s*** Kaleta pulls is ridiculous. Hes also a spot picker (when he does fight he wins a lot though, its strange)

kaleta is less of an agitator and more of a player who just dives a ton and throws a lot of cheapshots, which is agitating, but more reprehensible.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#13 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Posted Image

i certainly want to punch him.
Posted Image

#14 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

Chris Neil for me.. the guy nearly killed Babchuk a couple weeks ago with an open ice check.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#15 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

Chris Neil for me.. the guy nearly killed Babchuk a couple weeks ago with an open ice check.

not really the same as agitating, though.

kronwall isn't an agitator. wanting to take the numbers and get revenge on somebody who just destroyed you is a natural feeling.

agitators are just annoying.
Posted Image

#16 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

Posted Image

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#17 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

Recently I think Fiddler is becoming a huge pest, and him and burish were on fire last night. Recently Fiddler had the bieksa taunting incident, got vielleux to come of the bench after him a few days ago, and last night was in the middle of the big ruckus. Last night Burish got in pavelec's face and started a scrum and threw tanner glass's glove up into the stands. The stars are shaping up to be just a terrible team to play against in the playoffs.
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter