• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Vladifan

Griffins/Stars Game

Rate this topic

Spouse and I went to the game here in Cedar Park tonight. Griffins looked pretty much like the Wings in their first two periods. Lots of iffy passing and disorganization on the ice. The third period they went nicely crazy. The score was 4-0 at the top of the third and the Griffins scored four goals to even it up. Ehrhardt,, Minard, Conner and Ferraro scored, and they almost pulled it out in OT.

It was a fun game Nyquist, Conner, Pare, Brunnstrom, Tatar, and Ferraro all looked great and I hope we get to see them in Deetroit. :)

Glad you got to take in a game out there - I read about it. Tough loss for a group on the outside of the playoffs looking in.

I don't think Nyquist is long for the AHL. He's far and away the most talented player on the ice whenever his skates hit it, and it's apparent from the second he gets out there until the second he's not.

Glad you got to take in a game out there - I read about it. Tough loss for a group on the outside of the playoffs looking in.

I don't think Nyquist is long for the AHL. He's far and away the most talented player on the ice whenever his skates hit it, and it's apparent from the second he gets out there until the second he's not.

Agreed. I also forgot to mention in this thread that Conklin was in net. Even though the Stars had four goals, I really think he was only bad on the OT goal. I wore my Konstantinov jersey, but it didn't quite do the trick. :)

Agreed. I also forgot to mention in this thread that Conklin was in net. Even though the Stars had four goals, I really think he was only bad on the OT goal. I wore my Konstantinov jersey, but it didn't quite do the trick. :)

I haven't seen Conks in action with the Griffins yet, but I've heard he's been great in net. Hopefully he can shake the rust off, though I've heard he might get stuck in the AHL for the remainder of the season - if that's the case I hope the team plays better in front of him so I can finally take in an AHL playoff game. Sounds like the Vladdy jersey almost did the trick, though!

What a great game by the Griffs. Even without Nyquist or the top D-men, the Griffs looked really good. Conner is a pimp! It seemed like he was everywhere. Bruno and Andersson also looked really good on a line with Pare.

The only reason Texas scored the 2 goals they did was the one low spot. Conklin going out to play the puck directly led to both goals. The actual playing goal part he did really well with, as evidenced by his 38 saves.