• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

About time.. give the guy top 6 minutes and I think we will be fine until Pav gets back.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#22 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:18 AM

The new Swedish Five.

Franzen-Zetterberg-Nyquist
Lidstrom / Kronwall / Ericsson

I wonder how they would do against the old Swedish five.

Holmstrom-Zetterberg-Samuelsson
LIdstrom-Lilja

#23 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

Now the Wings have called up Joakim Andersson from GR.

https://twitter.com/#!/DetroitRedWings/status/178130326135119873

The Red Wings have recalled Joakim Andersson from @griffinshockey of the American Hockey League.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#24 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

The Detroit Griffins are ready to play... Oh wait, aren't the Griffins basically terrible? Ruh-roh. :ph34r:

Jk btw no need to flip out.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#25 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

Sadly, this kind of tsunami of injuries seems to be a yearly event for us.

I remember a few years ago when Matt updated the Lets Go Wings logo to include a band-air over the word Wings, and Griffins inserted in. At this rate, he'll have to break that out again.

Fortunately, it seems we're only a few games away from Lidstrom and Datsyuk returning, so with any luck this will be the last of the rash of injuries.

*update* Per Ansar Khan, it's Abdelkader that might be out tonight, with the flu. Andersson brought up just as a precaution.

https://twitter.com/#!/AnsarKhanMLive/status/178142377947566081

Ken Holland said Abdelkader has flu and is gametime decision. Andersson recalled just in case

snyoep.jpg

#26 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

who do the griffins call up when this happens? toledo walleye players? or are they just screwed..
Posted Image

#27 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

who do the griffins call up when this happens? toledo walleye players? or are they just screwed..

You got it right, they recall players from Toledo.

snyoep.jpg

#28 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

Good grief, who in the hell is left in GR???
Posted Image

#29 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

The Detroit Griffins are ready to play... Oh wait, aren't the Griffins basically terrible? Ruh-roh. :ph34r:

Jk btw no need to flip out.

Obviously you're being (somewhat) facetious, but the Griffins are an obvious mix of NHL-level talent and AHLers. When I say obvious I mean - even as you watch them on the ice - and the likes of Nyquist, Andersson, Smith, etc. make up that core of NHLers, so it's not like we're calling up Jamie Johnson.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#30 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

Surprised we didn't get Brunnstrom, he's still in GR right?

#31 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Surprised we didn't get Brunnstrom, he's still in GR right?

I don't believe Bruunstrom is waiver exempt, so they would risk him being claimed by another team for nothing before clearing, while the younger players wouldn't have that problem.

#32 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

We're so damn lucky (thanks to great scouting) to have the depth we have in Grand Rapids. And personally, I'm so grateful we get to see the Griffins here.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#33 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

I'm going to the Griffins game in Houston on Saturday. There wont be anyone good left for me to see at this rate.

You'll get to see Callahan and Aubry at least. Ferraro is also looking good too. Pus you always have The Sauce out there :)
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#34 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

About time.. give the guy top 6 minutes and I think we will be fine until Pav gets back.

What's this based on, wishful thinking?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#35 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

I don't believe Bruunstrom is waiver exempt, so they would risk him being claimed by another team for nothing before clearing, while the younger players wouldn't have that problem.

Brunnstrum was signed to a 1 year, 2-way contract. So technically he doesn't have to clear waivers to be called up. Only 1-way contracts go through the waiver process.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#36 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

Brunnstrum was signed to a 1 year, 2-way contract. So technically he doesn't have to clear waivers to be called up. Only 1-way contracts go through the waiver process.

Not true. Players on 2 way contracts still have to go through waivers if they are not waiver exempt. A 2 way contract only means the player makes different salary depending on where they're playing, typically more in the NHL and less in the AHL, ECHL, et al.

NHL Waiver Rules

Do 1-Way and 2-Way contracts affect Waivers?

Simply put, no they do not. This is a common misconception. 1-way and 2-way contracts have nothing to do with waivers. They are for salary purposes between the AHL and NHL. The confusion is understandable, most players with 2-way contracts are waiver exempt because of the reasons above (in the linked article). Most players on 1-way contracts aren’t waiver exempt. Just keep in mind that the chart above is the only thing that determines a players waiver status.

Plus, the Wings had to place Brunner on waivers to send him down to GR in October.

http://www.mlive.com...nnstrom_cl.html

snyoep.jpg

#37 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

Nyquist with a nice play along the boards resulting in an assist tonight :D

#38 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

I think we should talk about Joakim.

He struck me as defensively as competent as Emmerton or Homer. I wouldn't mind thinking of Emmerton as expendable due to Joakim.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.