• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PredsFanTheBayouState

Alex Radulov returning nhl playoffs?

Rate this topic

I hope it tears the locker room apart.

i don't see why radulov coming back would tear the locker room apart

only 7 players in the locker room now were on the team during the two seasons radulov played for nashville,so you could actually say that there is a different team in the locker room now then when radulov was on the team,Shea Weber and Ryan Suter will make sure that the locker room stays together when radulov comes back and that they will give radulov a nice welcome to the team

Talk about a "me first", "grass is greener" type of guy. He bolted for the bucks, leaving Nashville with their pants down, and now flips the script when its most convenient to him. I can understand the Predator's argument, that he is their contracted player who bolted on his own, but the league is rewarding a snake in Radulov. Gets to burn his peanuts contract and then rejoin things as a UFA this summer, getting overpaid ala Ville Leino.

All I gotta say is: these folks coming over from KHL are a bit complacent. Ice gets small real fast. Watch yourself coming up the right-wing boards, Alex. That last step, she's a doozy :P

Edited by b.shanafan14

Guest Hatethedrake!

I do find it humorous how Preds fans rip the guy for bailing on his team to go over to Russia. Now he comes back years later and he's now the conquering returning hero. I suppose us Wings fans would react the same way. Selective Justification 101.

So does this mean A2 can come over here once his team is eliminated since he is contracted to Detroit?

Radulov's deal doesn't expire until April 30, and if he breaks the contract there, they (KHL) would expect some form of reimbursement for his salary, someone told me as much as 2/3 of it. It's still up in the air if /when he returns to the NHL. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Radulov is just using Nashville (again) to get a larger increase in pay in the KHL.

SlavaMalamud: Radulov and Salavat appear to have reached a deal allowing A-Rad to leave for Nashville now. Salavat to keep his KHL rights (Sport-Express)

Also, he could be playing against Pit this thursday.

Edited by evilzyme

im reading that he's still under contract in Russia next season, and will prob use that as a bargaining chip with Nashville when he hits RFA. talk about getting the best of both worlds.

im reading that he's still under contract in Russia next season, and will prob use that as a bargaining chip with Nashville when he hits RFA. talk about getting the best of both worlds.

That's what the whole deal was at the end. If he bolted the KHL without approval, he would have to pay back 2/3 of his contract value as well as nullify the remaining time on his contract. He didn't want to do that. The KHL club was interested in retaining his rights as well. He's obviously interested in milking both sides for whatever he can.

Well, he was pretty much the most dominant player in the KHL last season and won a Gagarin Cup with Salavat, so maybe he just wants a shot at the Stanley Cup as well? I know he looks terrible going about it in this way, but his KHL club has been eliminated so instead of just taking the money and resting in the off-season he now wants to enter the playoffs with his NHL team. To me that says that he's a competitor and wants to win so I don't get all the hate.

Well, he was pretty much the most dominant player in the KHL last season and won a Gagarin Cup with Salavat, so maybe he just wants a shot at the Stanley Cup as well? I know he looks terrible going about it in this way, but his KHL club has been eliminated so instead of just taking the money and resting in the off-season he now wants to enter the playoffs with his NHL team. To me that says that he's a competitor and wants to win so I don't get all the hate.

That's one way to look at it, but definitely not the most likely. He wants this so he can get back into the NHL, make MORE money this year and burn the last year on his ELC.

He is on his way to Nashville, according to his Twitter account.

I just have a feeling his game is not really going to be what it was when he was on the Preds last. He has been in the KHL for so long. It is a different game and takes time to get used to the NHL level. I mean look at Hudler, took him over a year to get back to a passable NHL player. We shall see I guess.

Since i've just given updates, i'll tell you how I feel about the Radulov thing. I like it, and actually wanted it to happen. Should he be allowed to play in the playoffs or this season? I don't think so, and I think they're exploiting a loophole that isn't going to exist anymore after this. Anyways, I believe he left the NHL after the 08-09 season? Which means he hasn't been playing on the NHL regulation 85 x 200 ice surface, the pace of the game and passing will be affected. I'm sorry, but no matter what, changing sizes especially after being accustomed there will be a period of adjustment. I don't feel within 10 regular season games + playoffs he will be adjusted by then. What would be funny is if he really was exploiting this to get more money, got Suter and Weber to resign, and then took off for the KHL again.