• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PredsFanTheBayouState

Alex Radulov returning nhl playoffs?

Rate this topic

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzieIF Alex Radulov was inclined to return to NHL THIS season, it's my understanding, subject to NHLPA approval, he would be eligible to play...

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie...in both regular season and playoffs for NSH without being subjected to waiver process.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

But that process would be subject to approval by the NHLPA

Dmitry Chesnokov @dchesnokovRadulov's RUS agent didn't deny that Radulov may indeed come to the NHL THIS season when talking 2 @plysenkov; didn't want 2 comment. #Preds

Would Nashville become a strong contender for the stanley cup,if radulov returned for the playoffs

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState

This is garbage. Radulov isn't amazing, and he MAY suffer from KHL syndrome...but what if he doesn't? What if he's their missing piece? This seems like a really back-door chintzy way of giving their roster more depth that breaks in spirit if not in letter, the rules of the NHL.

Granted, I don't know the CBA very well, but I still don't see how they get around this...

In the event a professional or former professional Player plays in a league outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season, other than on Loan from his Club, he may thereafter play in the NHL during that Playing Season (including Playoffs) only if he has first either cleared or been obtained via Waivers. For the balance of the Playing Season, any such Player who has been obtained via Waivers may be Traded or Loaned only after again clearing Waivers or through Waiver claim.

The only thing I could think of is that because he's still under contract with Nashville, they're able to consider him voluntarily leaving for 3 years as being "on Loan from his Club"...

I believe he doesn't have to clear because he is under contract. The one draw back if he plays this season it takes a year off his contract. Soo if he if he has two years left and he plays this season he would be a free agent after next season. Basically instead of having two full seasons with him they would get 1 and a quarter

thought about this a month ago when i realized his KHL contract was up this year....he definitely would be an upgrade to nashvilles forward lines....thats the only place their lacking.....and yes he'll prolly have some KHL syndrome but if you've ever watched him play hes wayyyyyy better then hudler. sorry huds....keep that happy grin rockin!

I believe he doesn't have to clear because he is under contract. The one draw back if he plays this season it takes a year off his contract. Soo if he if he has two years left and he plays this season he would be a free agent after next season. Basically instead of having two full seasons with him they would get 1 and a quarter

Radulov, I believe, only has the one year left on his entry level deal. I think part of him not playing over here is because he'd have to play a whole year at $800,000 and he's probably making upwards of 5 mil without taxes over there. If your scenario is correct, this seems to work out for both parties. Radulov gets a shortened season at that money and gets to become a FA and Nashville gets him for their attempt at a deep playoffs run.

all of this just seems so wrong. like against the rules wrong.

so turco can be signed as a free agent, go through waivers and he wouldnt be eligible for the playoffs. but this guy doesnt go through waivers and just comes in and can join a team for the rest of the year?

all of this just seems so wrong. like against the rules wrong.

so turco can be signed as a free agent, go through waivers and he wouldnt be eligible for the playoffs. but this guy doesnt go through waivers and just comes in and can join a team for the rest of the year?

I understand what you are saying, but the major difference is free agent and already contracted player. Believe it or not this is exactly what Hudler could have done and I'm glad he didn't. When he returned we had him for 2 years on his contract first year sucked but then he got his game back. Now just imagine how that would have worked out if his first year back was just 11 playoff games and then his horrible season.

Radulov is already signed IF he ever does return to the NHL he has to play that one year for Nashville. Whether it be just playoffs after his KHL contract runs up or a full season the season after his KHL contract is up

*please don't take his is the 100% truth this is just my understanding of the rule I could be completely wrong or spot on.*

If this was the case then I would think they would want him back as soon as possible, I mean it's not like having the summer off to get back into NHL game shape and come in slowly to start the season, no matter how good Radulov may be I wouldn't expect anything at all from him if he were to just jump into his first NHL game in years at the start of the NHL Playoffs.

If this was the case then I would think they would want him back as soon as possible, I mean it's not like having the summer off to get back into NHL game shape and come in slowly to start the season, no matter how good Radulov may be I wouldn't expect anything at all from him if he were to just jump into his first NHL game in years at the start of the NHL Playoffs.

I believe Radulov wants it to happen because then next season he will be up for contract renewal and hope for more money. Otherwise he has to play a full season at the 800k instead of a month or two. He won't get a huge pay raise unless he is UFA and some one wants to try to steal him from Nash but being that he is younger I figured he would be RFA?

If he comes back, good for them, definitely will help, but this is being quite overblown as him being the ultimate missing piece for this team.

Radulov or not, doesn't change my opinion of the Predators - they'll still be a gritty solid team with solid goaltending pretty much every game and getting most of their goals on hard work vs. talent/pretty plays.

Bring 'em on if we have to play them in the first round regardless of Radulov's status. I respect them but I'm not shaking in my boots.

That is garbage. I don't know why they don't put a stop to this. This will definitely encourage players to ditch out of the last year on their entry level deals, since they can come back and play Franzen's favorite part of the year, and burn that last year off.

If the Preds weren't going to make the playoffs, I can guarantee you Poile would be crying foul about Radulov trying to come back.