• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/9 GDT : Kings 3 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Holy injury bug.

Kings are my second favorite team. I'm pulling for the Wings to win, but if they end up losing at least there's consolation in the Kings getting much needed points to stay in the running for the playoffs.

Ewwww.

Ewwww.

why ewww?

They're having a lot of problems scoring goals this season and seem to have taken a step backward overall, but they're a fun young team to watch. Kopitar plays a lot like Zetterberg. great young goalie in Quick. Doughty is super-talented, if immature still. Good young defensemen in Martinez and Voynov. Young guys like Clifford who will grind, hit, fight and score some goals.

Honestly I liked the roster more last season when they still had Simmonds. Their GM has made some panic moves at the deadline picking up Penner last season and now Carter (who will hopefully work out better than Penner). But they're still a fun team to watch.

Geez. They sure picked a nice time to start the injury parade. It just sucks that the only game I'm getting to this year so far happens to be in the middle of it. At least I get to see how the young guys play.

why ewww?

They're having a lot of problems scoring goals this season and seem to have taken a step backward overall, but they're a fun young team to watch. Kopitar plays a lot like Zetterberg. great young goalie in Quick. Doughty is super-talented, if immature still. Good young defensemen in Martinez and Voynov. Young guys like Clifford who will grind, hit, fight and score some goals.

Honestly I liked the roster more last season when they still had Simmonds. Their GM has made some panic moves at the deadline picking up Penner last season and now Carter (who will hopefully work out better than Penner). But they're still a fun team to watch.

All valid points, although I'm still not sold on the super-talentedness of Doughty. Nonetheless, my comment was directed more at having a California based team as a second favorite to an original six team that is the standard for professional sports teams. Just sort of seems like a long step down.

All valid points, although I'm still not sold on the super-talentedness of Doughty. Nonetheless, my comment was directed more at having a California based team as a second favorite to an original six team that is the standard for professional sports teams. Just sort of seems like a long step down.

Well, I live in California so it's not like it's a random choice. ;)

If I still lived in Michigan it'd be just the Wings.

And I really do think Doughty is extremely talented, but he definitely has maturing to do. He sometimes tries to do too much and take over a game himself, which can lead to squandered opportunities or taking himself out of position. His shoulder injury earlier this season was from him trying to be Bobby Orr and carrying the puck straight up the middle in the offensive zone, only to get crushed with a good hit because he had his head down.

I don't think it's a coincidence that his best year was when he was paired with Sean O'Donnell much of the time.

I'll be there tonight. I get plenty of chances to see games so I'm actually pretty excited to see some of the younger guys I haven't seen in person yet like Nyquist and Smith. Just play a solid 60 minutes and I'll be happy. 4-2 Wings.

Hope Nyquist get's a shot with Z and Fil. He won't do much on a grinding line with Abby and Dano, and his speed will make the line more dynamic then having Huds out there.

Hopefully Joey stays in the ******* net and makes the saves he needs to make and we get the W, we desperately need it :thumbup:

This is going to be an important game for both teams with the Kings fighting for a playoff spot. It'll be interesting to see if Carter's game changed any ever since changing the scene as well. Here's to a good game from a banged up Wings team, also looking forward to Nyquist step it up and show what he's going to bring to the team in the long run.

Red Wings 3 (Zetterberg, Hudler, Nyquist)

Kings 2

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!