• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/9 GDT : Kings 3 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Great game. No Datsyuk, No Lidstrom, no Howard, no Bertuzzi, no Kindl, no problem. Well, it was closer than it would have been, but you get the point. Smith was great. If there's a silver lining on the injuries to Ericsson and Kindl, it's that he's gotten to show his stuff. And this is him as an NHL newbie.

Thanks for being a good fan?

Par for the course.

a win is a win.

Injuries yes, but there are still regualar players not stepping it up...they shall remain nameless but you all know who they are.

Smith, Z, Fil played great...Helm is Helm and will be a fixture here for a long time. Migity Mac made the saves when he had to. Nyquist looked like he was excited to be here and got an assist to show for it. Hopefully he takes Hudler's spot next season.

Pretty much a snoozer game, but glad they got the 2 points...

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest Crymson

Oddly enough, not a single Red Wing had a +/- below even tonight. Meanwhile, the Kings` first defensive pairing was atrocious; the illustrious Drew Doughty was a -3, and his partner Rob Scuderi was a -4.

Great game. No Datsyuk, No Lidstrom, no Howard, no Bertuzzi, no Kindl, no problem. Well, it was closer than it would have been, but you get the point. Smith was great. If there's a silver lining on the injuries to Ericsson and Kindl, it's that he's gotten to show his stuff. And this is him as an NHL newbie.

Par for the course.

Haha I knew you would like that one Crymson !

Edited by puckbags

Just got back from the game. My Dad was a bit more impatient than I was. With such low shot on net totals, it was getting a bit tense at the Joe but what a finish. Nyquist looked great. Of course, it looked like he was maybe holding the stick a bit tight which could be nerves or anything but his energy was good to see. I definitely want to see more of him.

just got back from the game. my first at JLA in a few years since moving out of MI. and luck would have it that they would give away free little caesar's pizza for the standing room people at my section :thumbup:

hank and Fil were just dynamite. nyquist and smith looked very good too.

Big win, the Red Wings willed themselves to two points tonight. They just gotta hang around a little longer until the big guns get back and make a run the last dozen games or so. It's a tough position to step into, but Nyquist looked comfortable and created some chances with his speed. Smith continues to impress me every game; superb instinct and beautiful pass on the Filppula goal.

Z and Fil have really put the team on their backs with all of the injuries. Zetterberg looks like his old self -- very dangerous almost every shift offensively and his chemistry with Filppula continues to improve as the season progresses. Those two have been lethal together and you just hope Datsyuk and Franzen can do the same soon enough. The Red Wings can be extremely dangerous if Datsyuk and Zetterberg are both going at a high level come playoff time.

Tomorrow will be very tough, but a six-point cushion is quite a relief compared to four.

Guest irishock

Z's recent burst + Flip's consistent all around season + Datsyuk back + Franzen giving effort + Bertuzzi useful when Datsyuk is back = best chance at the cup in years. The defense and goaltending is spectacular even when compared to our cup winning season in 08.

Oddly enough, not a single Red Wing had a +/- below even tonight. Meanwhile, the Kings` first defensive pairing was atrocious; the illustrious Drew Doughty was a -3, and his partner Rob Scuderi was a -4.

Great job by the Wings to pull out a win.

But I'm not sure what point you're making exactly, especially given +/- is about the most useless stat in all of hockey.

Whoever negged my last post care to explain why? Did you think it wasn't a snoozer? Did you think everyone played great? Do you think Nyquist played crappy? Don't just neg, explain why you disagree...

I havent read any of this thread but your post stuck out. I would say this was one of the worst wins of the season. My house had Jr Varsity, PeeWee and Senior league used as adjectives for the horrible performance by our team tonight.

IIRC we had something like 16 SOG and on paper 25% scoring is amazing but we played like the CBJ on a bad day.

It is completely obvious that our depleted team is the reason, no ifs ands or buts. Losing D wasnt the end of the world, it was losing Nicky, Howie, Bert, Ericsson (as much as I hate to admit) plus Kindl and Abby. We are missing a full line and most are starters.

I dont want to get all tinfoil hat style but I have wondered if all the injuries at once is actually a rest period for the guys that are older and/or are going to see a ton of minutes during the final push and into the playoffs. Its totally possible and completely crazy to think thats going on but it seems to make sense. On the other hand, maybe Im trying to rationalize the nuclear weapon that destroyed our team at a very inopportune time of the season.