• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#21 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

Abdelkader possibly out tonight with the flu.
http://twitter.com/#!/RooseBill/status/178143169236574208

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#22 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

im going to this game. its my first game at the Joe since I left michigan a number of years back. and i get to watch half of the griffins LOL

#23 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

Holy injury bug.

Kings are my second favorite team. I'm pulling for the Wings to win, but if they end up losing at least there's consolation in the Kings getting much needed points to stay in the running for the playoffs.

#24 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

Holy injury bug.

Kings are my second favorite team. I'm pulling for the Wings to win, but if they end up losing at least there's consolation in the Kings getting much needed points to stay in the running for the playoffs.

Yeah I really like the kings too. So I do kinda hope it goes to OT so they at least get a point too. And knock SJS out of play off contention for the moment is always a plus!

#25 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

I'll be rooting for an OT win tonight. I'd like to help the Kings knock the SJ Divers out of a playoff spot.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#26 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

Tonight's Officials
Referees Steve Kozari (#40) & Dan O'Rourke (#9) Linesmen David Brisebois (#96) & Don Henderson (#91)

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#27 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

Holy injury bug.

Ewwww.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#28 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

Ewwww.

why ewww?

They're having a lot of problems scoring goals this season and seem to have taken a step backward overall, but they're a fun young team to watch. Kopitar plays a lot like Zetterberg. great young goalie in Quick. Doughty is super-talented, if immature still. Good young defensemen in Martinez and Voynov. Young guys like Clifford who will grind, hit, fight and score some goals.

Honestly I liked the roster more last season when they still had Simmonds. Their GM has made some panic moves at the deadline picking up Penner last season and now Carter (who will hopefully work out better than Penner). But they're still a fun team to watch.

#29 wingsfan75

wingsfan75

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

Geez. They sure picked a nice time to start the injury parade. It just sucks that the only game I'm getting to this year so far happens to be in the middle of it. At least I get to see how the young guys play.
IPB Image

#30 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

Babs said he's pretty sure Abby is playing.
Posted Image

#31 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

why ewww?

They're having a lot of problems scoring goals this season and seem to have taken a step backward overall, but they're a fun young team to watch. Kopitar plays a lot like Zetterberg. great young goalie in Quick. Doughty is super-talented, if immature still. Good young defensemen in Martinez and Voynov. Young guys like Clifford who will grind, hit, fight and score some goals.

Honestly I liked the roster more last season when they still had Simmonds. Their GM has made some panic moves at the deadline picking up Penner last season and now Carter (who will hopefully work out better than Penner). But they're still a fun team to watch.

All valid points, although I'm still not sold on the super-talentedness of Doughty. Nonetheless, my comment was directed more at having a California based team as a second favorite to an original six team that is the standard for professional sports teams. Just sort of seems like a long step down.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#32 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

All valid points, although I'm still not sold on the super-talentedness of Doughty. Nonetheless, my comment was directed more at having a California based team as a second favorite to an original six team that is the standard for professional sports teams. Just sort of seems like a long step down.

Well, I live in California so it's not like it's a random choice. ;)

If I still lived in Michigan it'd be just the Wings.

And I really do think Doughty is extremely talented, but he definitely has maturing to do. He sometimes tries to do too much and take over a game himself, which can lead to squandered opportunities or taking himself out of position. His shoulder injury earlier this season was from him trying to be Bobby Orr and carrying the puck straight up the middle in the offensive zone, only to get crushed with a good hit because he had his head down.

I don't think it's a coincidence that his best year was when he was paired with Sean O'Donnell much of the time.

#33 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

OP updated.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#34 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

I'll be there tonight. I get plenty of chances to see games so I'm actually pretty excited to see some of the younger guys I haven't seen in person yet like Nyquist and Smith. Just play a solid 60 minutes and I'll be happy. 4-2 Wings.

#35 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

I'll be there tonight. I get plenty of chances to see games so I'm actually pretty excited to see some of the younger guys I haven't seen in person yet like Nyquist and Smith. Just play a solid 60 minutes and I'll be happy. 4-2 Wings.

:thumbup:

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#36 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Wingspan is on at my site right now.

Looks like they are documenting the 23 win streak with interviews and what not for each game.

Edited by drumnj, 09 March 2012 - 06:41 PM.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#37 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

I just hope they get 2 points. Regulation, OT, or SO. Just do it, please. It will be nice to see kids play too.

Let's GO Red Wings!!

Edited by MidMichSteve, 09 March 2012 - 06:58 PM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#38 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,045 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hope Nyquist get's a shot with Z and Fil. He won't do much on a grinding line with Abby and Dano, and his speed will make the line more dynamic then having Huds out there.

Hopefully Joey stays in thef****** net and makes the saves he needs to make and we get the W, we desperately need it :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#39 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

Abdelkader in tonight.

#40 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

Abdelkader in tonight.

I'm excited to see his line.