• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/10 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Predators 3

Rate this topic

gotta say cant be too impressed with the preds considering half our team in out and we played back to back.

had we been healthy we probably woulda won, or at least been more likely to get a point out of it, hope we get at least a couple of useful players back by Tue

gotta say cant be too impressed with the preds considering half our team in out and we played back to back.

That's what i was thinking... I really think a first round with them would be good for the wings, especially with the travel.

They're still the color of baby s***.

This is the post of the night. I burst into tears laughing at this one...

That's what i was thinking... I really think a first round with them would be good for the wings, especially with the travel.

What is sad is that these teams get compared to the Wings and maybe it's my red winged glasses but I think the wings are much better than they are. It's the rules of the game that even everything out and give these scrappy teams a fighting chance...

Tough loss - boys played hard. Ian Whites net front positioning is looking pretty poor lately ... stay netside or at least pick up a stick. He sure competes hard but hes a bit if an easily mesmerized meathead with the puck. derp derp derp ... he needs Lids back with him.

A loss is a loss, tough one though..thought we played pretty good for most of the night. With this depleted lineup its hard to hide some of these guys who are playing terrible (Hudler and Cleary)

Fine with me if they sit Hudler. He was not only not there, he was a drain. Pretty much the same for Franzen. Mostly floated except for two or three plays. The young'ns looked great, along with Helm, Flip and Zetterberg.

Haven't read the board and probably won't have time, but did anyone here bring up Ken's statement about 75% of the games we've played on Saturday against these idjuts were back-to-back games for US? Just wondered....:ph34r: I'm sure next season Mr. Bettman and the boyz will no doubt correct that. :hysterical:

Yet another one goal loss. No scoring to speak of. That's what Holland gets for sitting on his ass at the trading deadline. You get what you pay for and nothing from nothing leaves nothing. Great job, Kenny. Let's see what the season ticket renewals are gonna be like in a few months. And where will you be? Hopefully, elsewhere.

They get paid to win. Not to lose.

I understand that... but playing at a rival on a back to back... also we played without Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Bertuzzi, Ericsson, Howard, Kindl (and Eaves)... It was going to be really tough to win this game, I'm just glad they brought effort and didn't lay an egg

Edited by HockeytownRules19

Tough loss - boys played hard. Ian Whites net front positioning is looking pretty poor lately ... stay netside or at least pick up a stick. He sure competes hard but hes a bit if an easily mesmerized meathead with the puck. derp derp derp ... he needs Lids back with him.

The Wings' defense functions like some kind of hive mind; without proximity to the collective intelligence (Lidstrom) everyone gets dumber and less organized.

If this is what life without Lidstrom is gonna be like I'm scared. I don't want a defense that barely hangs in there most nights. I want a shut down defense. We don't have one now with Lidstrom, but without, it looks like the defense get compromised quite a bit. We have had good goaltending this year to make the defense better than I really think it is.

A loss is a loss, tough one though..thought we played pretty good for most of the night. With this depleted lineup its hard to hide some of these guys who are playing terrible (Hudler and Cleary)

Cleary has an excuse. Bad knee and the cortisone injections and draining is not helping. Hudler is just a drain. Period. I cannot watch him anymore without bellowing at an inanimate object.

If this is what life without Lidstrom is gonna be like I'm scared. I don't want a defense that barely hangs in there most nights. I want a shut down defense. We don't have one now with Lidstrom, but without, it looks like the defense get compromised quite a bit. We have had good goaltending this year to make the defense better than I really think it is.

sadly I agree, Howard and MacDonald have both had to be exceptional on many nights due to numerous breakdowns in coverage and odd-man rushes against

Cleary has an excuse. Bad knee and the cortisone injections and draining is not helping. Hudler is just a drain. Period. I cannot watch him anymore without bellowing at an inanimate object.

The number of gift-wrapped opportunities he blew tonight were innumerable. Great play by Flip and Z only to get to that nincompoop. Its an uphill battle with him on that line every night, but tonight we really needed him to get the hell out of the way.

The Wings' defense functions like some kind of hive mind; without proximity to the collective intelligence (Lidstrom) everyone gets dumber and less organized.

I'm thinking (hoping) that Lidstrom can see how much this team needs him so there'll be no question about his coming back next year.

He'll be beck.

Yeah. We'll go with that. :cool:

Cleary has an excuse. Bad knee and the cortisone injections and draining is not helping.

Its not all the knee. He was bad early on this season as well. The knee is just a convenient excuse. If its effecting him that much he needs to be in the press box. That would help the team more than him being on the ice does.

I understand that... but playing at a rival on a back to back... also we played without Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Bertuzzi, Ericsson, Howard, Kindl (and Eaves)... It was going to be really tough to win this game, I'm just glad they brought effort and didn't lay an egg

Good teams win anywhere and regardless of who's in or out.

Really strong effort and the Red Wings outplayed the Predators for a good chunk of the game. Yeah it sucks to lose given the standings, but Nashville had everything in their favor tonight and the Red Wings almost pulled out a win. Seven regulars out and playing on consecutive nights is tough to overcome.

The powerplay has to get fixed though -- it's getting beyond pathetic now. Even before Datsyuk and Lidstrom got hurt, it was pretty dismal and it has just continued to decline. You could definitely argue that special teams have made the difference between a number of wins and losses recently. The Red Wings have kept the games close even with so many injuries, but the special teams struggles have played a huge factor in losing by a goal instead of winning by one.

Hopefully some healthy bodies get back on Tuesday, namely the big three. Plenty of time to win the division still.