• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/10 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Predators 3

Rate this topic

Here they come. Told you guys that Wings would fall behind both st louis and nashville. How does a 5th seed sound? Keep playing this way and it will be a reality....if not 6th.

The Red Wings are still four points up on Nashville and ten on Chicago. No way they fall to 6th -- that's an extreme exaggeration.

Granted, I do believe the upcoming road trip out west will have a huge influence on the Red Wings shot to win the division. If they get some of the major pieces back soon, I still like their chances to catch St. Louis. Even if the Blues hang on, a first round matchup with the Predators wouldn't be a nightmare scenario.

Edited by GoWings1905

Very proud to be a REd Wings fan. The boys were out of gas, but kept going until that last buzzer. You cannot ask for anything more from a team decimated by injuries and played last night. I knew last night the 2 points would be huge because it would be a long shot to win tonight so I am okay with that. Now they get a well deserved day off tomorrow and head out to California. I dont care what anyone says, even the best teams have trouble winning when they have as many players missing due to injuries as we do. Not only that, our top 2 players are amongst that list, making it even harder. Hopefully we get Pavel and Nick back for Tuesday and start catching up to the freakin Blues.

The one thing that is driving me absolutely nuts lately is the fact that Homer adds absolutely nothing to this team and every night seems to get 2 minutes for being old and not athletic enough. I have seen enough of that guy that is for sure.

Guest Hatethedrake!

It might be more beneficial for the Wings to finish 4th or 5th due to the travel. If the Blues win the West then the Wings could play the Preds in round 1 and then the Blues in round 2. Then the only travel nightmare would be Vancouver in round 3 provided they make it that far.

Good teams win anywhere and regardless of who's in or out.

It is a nice theory but far from realistic.

All the negs are way too funny! It reality, don't neg me, neg the Wings. Even with Datsyuk, Bertuzzi and Lidstrom the PP and PK stunk. Something should have been addressed. Franzen is not returning from his mediocrity. I hate being right, but Franzen has been invisible, Hudler has stunk a lot. These are things you cannot deny, you just neg because someone is telling you what you are starting to realize. I told you all summer and all year thus far. Enduring negs, slander and name calling, yet they never seem to prove me wrong. You can mark these words, Detroit will be no higher than the #5 seed come playoffs. Lets see if you are man enough to debate it...

edit: Didn't figure anyone would be man enough to debate. Don't be too upset when your son grow's up to be just like you....and you know what you are.

I didn't personally neg you, but I am curious as to why you are so convinced the Red Wings are doomed to fail? They were ahead of the Blues basically all season with a healthy lineup. If Datsyuk, Lidstrom and Howard all get back around Tuesday, there's still 13 games to go to make up four points. If you are so convinced the Predators will easily catch the Red Wings by that same margin, then it isn't impossible for a healthy Wings team to do the same.

Again, I will also state 4th or even 5th wouldn't mean an automatic first round exit. If San Jose gets in as the 7th or 8th seed, I would rather deal with Nashville than the Sharks again.

You are right. I expect too much. I will wait to pass judgement on this team when it is 100% and then see what happens. I will wait to see Franzen The Great make his return in the playoffs before I spew more negativity about him, Hudler as well. I just don't like when I state my opinion and get negged for no reason or at least not debated why someone thinks I may be wrong. I could see if I said "Wings Suck" or didn't even try to put together a post, but I simply just said after the deadline that St. Louis and Nashiville were coming hard and I wouldn't be surprised if they both passed then Wings up. Of course I got laughed at and negged, but it is happening. Injuries or not, it is happening. I hope a healthy Wings team climbs back up, but Nashville and St. Louis don't seem to be slowing down. I just get pissed over the neggs because no one seems to want to say why they disagree. They just negg because someone says something bad about a Wings player. They aren't all perfect and are far from criticism, be it negative or positive. Last I checked I paid to support a discussion forum, not a forum that someone just comes in and says Red Wings are Gods and then negs everyone who says something bad about a Red Wing....sorry I expect some discussion on a discussion forum...

STAY ON TOPIC.

If you want to discuss why people neg or don't neg someone or feelings about each other as members here, take it to PM, or at least the water cooler.

I'm having to clean up this thread for a second time now because of personal attacks and getting way off topic. Next time people will just be getting time outs from the site.

Even if your post is partially on topic but contains musings on other people's posting habits or the +/- system or anything else wildly off topic, the whole post will be deleted. If you want your thoughts to remain in the thread, just keep it to something remotely related to the game.

Thanks.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Holmstrom is responsible for so many Red Wings goals just from his presence in the crease and driving goalies nuts. How many times have we seen a blast from the point by Lidstrom with Homer screening which results in a goal? Sure Homer is well past his prime but I never question his effort. He has paid a huge price in his career and I appreciate everything he has done as a Red Wing. When he retires I will miss him very much. Heart is a rare thing in hockey these days and Homer has it in spades. :)

Edited by Hatethedrake!