• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#221 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,013 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

gotta say cant be too impressed with the preds considering half our team in out and we played back to back.

#222 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

When was the last time the Wings scored with the extra man?

When was the last Halley's comet?

#223 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

16-18-1 on the road. PATHETIC. The wings hvae been known as a great road team for 2 decades. WTF happened?

And what in the hell happened to our PP? I have been a wings fan for over 20 years and I seriously cannot remember a time when the PP was this disorganized, so bad that they can go several power plays without even a shot.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#224 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

Some of these guys need to be more selfish. Take the shot stop passing up opportunities.

#225 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

asdf

Edited by Dabura, 10 March 2012 - 10:42 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#226 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

gotta say cant be too impressed with the preds considering half our team in out and we played back to back.

had we been healthy we probably woulda won, or at least been more likely to get a point out of it, hope we get at least a couple of useful players back by Tue

#227 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

who is ready to see gold jerseys all night

GEAUX PREDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're still the color of baby s***.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#228 bkeck

bkeck

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

That's what i was thinking... I really think a first round with them would be good for the wings, especially with the travel.

#229 Winged Wheel

Winged Wheel

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Good Effort boys even though it was a loss... rest up and get ready for the 3 game west coast trip

They get paid to win. Not to lose.

#230 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Rinne was good. Hudler was awful. Franzen was invisible. PP is flacid. PK is confused. Status quo.

Other than that, not too shabby. Good effort from most of the squad.

#231 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

They're still the color of baby s***.

This is the post of the night. I burst into tears laughing at this one...

That's what i was thinking... I really think a first round with them would be good for the wings, especially with the travel.

What is sad is that these teams get compared to the Wings and maybe it's my red winged glasses but I think the wings are much better than they are. It's the rules of the game that even everything out and give these scrappy teams a fighting chance...
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#232 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

Tough loss - boys played hard. Ian Whites net front positioning is looking pretty poor lately ... stay netside or at least pick up a stick. He sure competes hard but hes a bit if an easily mesmerized meathead with the puck. derp derp derp ... he needs Lids back with him.

#233 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

A loss is a loss, tough one though..thought we played pretty good for most of the night. With this depleted lineup its hard to hide some of these guys who are playing terrible (Hudler and Cleary)

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#234 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hudler is the worst player on this team.

I wouldnt say that. Cleary is right there challenging him on that.

#235 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

Fine with me if they sit Hudler. He was not only not there, he was a drain. Pretty much the same for Franzen. Mostly floated except for two or three plays. The young'ns looked great, along with Helm, Flip and Zetterberg.

Haven't read the board and probably won't have time, but did anyone here bring up Ken's statement about 75% of the games we've played on Saturday against these idjuts were back-to-back games for US? Just wondered....:ph34r: I'm sure next season Mr. Bettman and the boyz will no doubt correct that. :hysterical:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#236 Winged Wheel

Winged Wheel

Prospect

• 42 posts

Yet another one goal loss. No scoring to speak of. That's what Holland gets for sitting on his ass at the trading deadline. You get what you pay for and nothing from nothing leaves nothing. Great job, Kenny. Let's see what the season ticket renewals are gonna be like in a few months. And where will you be? Hopefully, elsewhere.

#237 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

but at least we know Cleary is playing through an injury, Hudler is just trying to play through being Hudler, and he's failing

#238 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

They get paid to win. Not to lose.

I understand that... but playing at a rival on a back to back... also we played without Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Bertuzzi, Ericsson, Howard, Kindl (and Eaves)... It was going to be really tough to win this game, I'm just glad they brought effort and didn't lay an egg

Edited by HockeytownRules19, 10 March 2012 - 10:52 PM.

#239 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

Tough loss - boys played hard. Ian Whites net front positioning is looking pretty poor lately ... stay netside or at least pick up a stick. He sure competes hard but hes a bit if an easily mesmerized meathead with the puck. derp derp derp ... he needs Lids back with him.

The Wings' defense functions like some kind of hive mind; without proximity to the collective intelligence (Lidstrom) everyone gets dumber and less organized.

#240 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

I completely forgot he was even on this team