Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

no movement at all on that short 5-on-3, just practiced passing the puck around

#122 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

Good looking power play, just nothing doing.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#123 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

It's funny Homer trying to screen Rinne. Rinne is taller, he sees over the top of Homer.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#124 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Rinne is sick...
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#125 The Production Line

The Production Line

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Rinne is a Wings killer

#126 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

everyone pounds on Franzen in the regular season, and then come playoff time everybody is ready to bow down to him. Kinda laughable.

With that said, I HATE HUDLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine if Franzen actually played in the regular season. You know, like everyone else on the team? He's paid to play them all. Last year he clocked out during the regular season and got injured in the playoffs, so he wasn't worth jack.

#127 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Can't be mad with the effort. These guys are a good hockey team. Keep plugging and get one in the third.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#128 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

Imagine if Franzen actually played in the regular season. You know, like everyone else on the team? He's paid to play them all. Last year he clocked out during the regular season and got injured in the playoffs, so he wasn't worth jack.

Yeah but the reality of the situation is the Wings will make the playoffs and if Franzen is scoring 1 goal a game or better, nobody will remember the regular season. It's just a fact.

It's all about what he does in the playoffs, and thus far he's notorious for coming up big in playoffs.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#129 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

Can we pull off another third period rally in back to back nights? *fingers crossed*

#130 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

Can't be mad with the effort. These guys are a good hockey team. Keep plugging and get one in the third.

all things considered we haven't done all that bad, Nashville only has 2 guys out and neither are star players, plus they didn't have to play last night

#131 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

Gotta admire the effort of the Wings. They are injured, and tired but are still battling. I cannot believe how much the preds benefit from teams coming into Nashville after playing the night before... that is defs a factor in their good record at home. Yes they are a good team, but it is a lot easier to beat teams that are tired. Having said that, this has been a fun game so far that is being tightly contested. Again, I am really disappointed with the powerplay... I do not know why the hell Babs keeps Cleary on the powerplay... nyquist should for sure be out there. But seriously, Babcock needs to get this powerplay going asap because it is at the point where it is costing us games.

#132 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

Please reach overtime.

bringit.jpg

#133 Fonzarelli

Fonzarelli

Rookie

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

I was hoping Franzen would take over Homers position, and be the one deflecting shots in front. The guy has a size advantage, he just refuses to use it. Frustrating

He's not in the front of the net because Bab's system doesn't promote it. Franzen is not usually in the shooting lane aka Brett Hull. This is a terrible waste the way Babcock has him playing. Is it not strange that Franzen hasn't been hurt yet? He can't get hurt because he's not in the action. When the PO start, he'll get pounded once or twice and he'll be done.

#134 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

howerson trawbul
Posted Image

#135 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,959 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

Start of the 4rd.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#136 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

I only saw part of the 2nd so now that I'm watching they can start scoring and win the game! :D

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#137 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,959 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

Need a kill here....

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#138 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

Yeah but the reality of the situation is the Wings will make the playoffs and if Franzen is scoring 1 goal a game or better, nobody will remember the regular season. It's just a fact.

It's all about what he does in the playoffs, and thus far he's notorious for coming up big in playoffs.

If Franzen scores "1 goal a game or better" I'll soil myself :P He may very well return to dominant form come the playoffs, but eventually this lazy BS through 82 games if going to catch up with him. I have loved his previous playoff performances and have been as big of a Franzen fan as anyone, but while some shrugged/laughed off his "I get bored during the regular season" comments and excuse his nightly float-fest, I don't.

Home ice matters, thus the regular season matters. His stance is that its cool to slack because he is some playoff genie around these parts. You don't see a problem there? Watching other guys break tail to get this team where it is while others coast is part of the problem. Don't you think the team might be healthier and a bit more fresh if folks like Hudler and Franzen did more to lighten the load on Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Filppula during the regular season? The guy get paid for every game, he could at least feign interest.

As attitude goes, whats the difference between Franzen and another familiar face :P: http://www.thehockey...at-March-7.html

#139 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Stuart, fricken idiot!

#140 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,959 posts

And of course, the ref takes about 10 minutes after the hit to decide whether to call Stuart or not.