• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Giroux Channels Datsyuk

Rate this topic

6.2/10

It was a nice try but he didn't sell the deke quite as well as Dats does. And something about the way Datsyuk does it is so much more fluid and smooth. All in all, a nice gesture, he called it after Datsyukian I believe.

6.2/10

It was a nice try but he didn't sell the deke quite as well as Dats does. And something about the way Datsyuk does it is so much more fluid and smooth. All in all, a nice gesture, he called it after Datsyukian I believe.

I give it an 8/10. I agree with the smoothness part, it seems like he relied more on his hands and his skate work wasn't used as sharp as Datsyuk's. Since he calls it "The Datsyuk"... what does Datsyuk call it? I forget the guys names that Datsyuk learned/copied it from.

i love it....especially the part where a star player like Giroux pays his respects to Dats. Classy on Giroux's part and now i like him even more. :thumbup:

Did he mention Datsyuk in an interview or something ? How did he pay respect to Datsyuk ?

Giroux modelled the move from watching one of the NHL's slickest shooters, and even named it after him.

"(I call it) 'The Datsyuk,'" he said, referring to Detroit Red Wings star Pavel Datsyuk. "I saw him do it a couple times and he's got some pretty sick moves. I've been working on it since I was young."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/nhl/claude-giroux-uses-the-datsyuk-to-hand-flyers-1-0-shootout-win-over-leafs-142221665.html

NHL has a vote for who has the better "Datsyukian Deke" and Giroux is beating Datsyuk.<_< Keep in mind they didn't put up Datsyuk's best and they also put the worse quality video I've ever seen for him.

Let's try and get this vote back up for Datsyuk, no way Giroux should win.

Giroux vs Datsyuk

Datsyuk at 67% now :D