• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lord Stanely

Anyone ever been to Avs games

Rate this topic

Will be taking my sons to a game in Denver (March 20th) against the Flames and curious if anyone has ever been there before. Planning on rocking out our Wings Jersyes just because! Looking for info on best place for tix (legal to buy near arena, etc). Good places to sit, eat (not bars). Will be staying in a condo a few blocks away on 15th.

Thanks in advance for any tips you can give.

There are still lots of tickets available via the Avs website, if you want to go that route. Scalping is illegal in Denver, but most likely tickets will be going for below face value outside of the arena. There usually are a lot of people out there selling tickets. My guess is you will also be able to buy tix directly from the box office the day of the game, and save the online service charge.

Be prepared for a bit of verbal abuse. Avalanche fans don't take kindly to people wearing Wings jerseys, especially if the Wings aren't there.

Brooklyn's is a fun restaurant, right outside of the Pepsi Center. It's a popular before/after game hang out. The only problem is, you'll be there with Avalanche fans.

Have fun with your boys! My boys are adults now, and I still love taking them to games!

Are those your two boys, in your avatar? If so, they seem pretty young so I would advise against wearing Wings gear. Just like the poster above said, be prepared for verbal abuse and with your kids being there it could get uncomfortable for you. I say for the sake of them don't do it. But that's just me. Have fun!

This thread goes to show you how society has changed for the worst. You know it's bad when you legitimately can't take your kids to a sporting event because you fear of the verbal and possible physical abuse you would receive by the hosting team's fans. That's right, fans, people just like me and you. I'm all for the conversation during the game for opposing fans. Heck, I find it amusing to have a little pressure to win the game due to having fans directly there next to you. As long as you keep it clean, I think it's awesome.

I asked my buddy why he wears his Blackhawks jersey to Griffins games and he says it's a great conversation tool haha. He knows full well the heckling that comes with it and it does happen frequently. It hasn't gotten out of hand though. It mostly just brings a smile to everyone's face including his own when standing in line to piss or grabbing a beer. You here the same old s***.

This thread goes to show you how society has changed for the worst. You know it's bad when you legitimately can't take your kids to a sporting event because you fear of the verbal and possible physical abuse you would receive by the hosting team's fans. That's right, fans, people just like me and you. I'm all for the conversation during the game for opposing fans. Heck, I find it amusing to have a little pressure to win the game due to having fans directly there next to you. As long as you keep it clean, I think it's awesome.

I dont think the OP has to anything to fear from the Pepsi Center fans, I just wanted him to know that he will be hearing "Red Wings Suck" on a fairly regular basis.

I love the intelligent, fun trash talking that goes on at games. The problem is, the Avs fans that can participate in that are few and far between. I went to the Wings game in Toronto in January, and was disappointed we didn't have more exchanges with the Leafs fans sitting with us. Too much "Canada nice", I guess!

Mentioned before about wearing Wings gear to a whitesux game in Chicago (lived and worked there for 20 years) while Wings and Blackhawks were palying in Divisional series a few years ago- fans were NASTY- My kids were about 6-7 (Now my kids are 11-12) and they were being "Fed" at all game. Same thing at every Wings/Hawks game I ever went to. Went to Minnesota game this past year (sat right behind wings bench the night Cleary got his ankle broken) and fans there were awesome to us. Very good hockey fans -an enjoyable time.

I think I will just plan on box officing the tix.

Mentioned before about wearing Wings gear to a whitesux game in Chicago (lived and worked there for 20 years) while Wings and Blackhawks were palying in Divisional series a few years ago- fans were NASTY- My kids were about 6-7 (Now my kids are 11-12) and they were being "Fed" at all game. Same thing at every Wings/Hawks game I ever went to. Went to Minnesota game this past year (sat right behind wings bench the night Cleary got his ankle broken) and fans there were awesome to us. Very good hockey fans -an enjoyable time.

No doubt at ages 11 and 12 your boys can handle the Dives fans. Have a great time at the game. I hope you get a chance to enjoy Denver, it really is a great city!

I went to an aves/canadiens game when I was there for the tourney and I actually liked the fans. I wasn't wearing wings gear so I guess it may have been a little worse if I had. I thought they were very knowledgeable though

Its not that bad, not like it was during the rivalry. People probably wont say anything especially since the Wings aren't in town. Nowadays Red Wings jerseys outnumber Avs jerseys on days when Detroit is in town. I haven't had words with hecklers in several years.

Minnesota fans are great. I've had wonderful experiences there.

I think if your kids are 11 and 12 they should be able to handle what they'll hear at the game. Just watch carefully so if anyone tries to pour beer on them you can save the day by catching it in your mouth before it hits the poor little minors. Have a great time!