• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jesusberg

HF Boards: Red Wings Top 20, Spring Edition

Rate this topic

Hey guys,

Here's the latest edition of the Top 20. I'm not going to call the Fall edition a "disaster", but let's just say I think this list is much improved over that one. Comments, criticisms and discussions are always welcome. I have a feeling the points of disagreement on this list may be Tvrdon, Jensen and Marshall.

Also, Emmerton and Mursak remain on the list as prospects... so while many of you might think they're no longer prospects, they're still included per HF guidelines.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/13896/detroit_red_wings_maintain_deep_diverse_top20/

I am really excited to see how Jurco develops. Cannot wait! He looks promising. Smith naturally number one. I hope he's up for good with the wings. He's been stellar so far in his limited time up with the big club.

Nyquist was actually pretty close to snagging Smith's #1 spot, and I agree that Brendan has looked great with the Red Wings so far. Very promising.

Edited by Jesusberg

Nyquist was actually pretty close to snagging Smith's #1 spot, and I agree that Brendan has looked great with the Red Wings so far. Very promising.

I think he needs a little more nurturing in the AHL with the Griffins before he could rightfully snag that first spot. Hopefully he turns into a stud for the wings too. We need some young fire power top sixer's!

A lot of promising players on that list, although the recurring theme of size (or lack thereof) is a slight concern.

I have the same sentinment. Sheahan is our only prospect that has size, uses it and I think is likely to have a solid NHL career. Jurco is big at least but doesnt really play with size. Tvrdon isnt a big softie out there but I'm not buying the hype on him yet.

Our defense seems to have solid size in the prospect pool though, Alqvist is the only one that is small

I have the same sentinment. Sheahan is our only prospect that has size, uses it and I think is likely to have a solid NHL career. Jurco is big at least but doesnt really play with size. Tvrdon isnt a big softie out there but I'm not buying the hype on him yet.

Our defense seems to have solid size in the prospect pool though, Alqvist is the only one that is small

And your boy Callahan is likely to join Tardif company.

Holland just has a certain philosophy with smaller players. The sad thing is that his philosophy carries over into the 3rd and 4th lines as well, where a little grit is needed.

Obviously, all these skilled guys in the system can't all play in the top 6. So some of them will have to play on the lower lines, like Mursak is doing now and like Hudler has done so many times in the past. Needless to say, skilled players are wasted if you play them on lower lines where they can't score and aren't effective checkers. I wish they'd start drafting bigger, more physical players to groom them into the lower line roles. And before you say that we can get such players easily in free agency, we haven't really been doing much of that.

And your boy Callahan is likely to join Tardif company.

Holland just has a certain philosophy with smaller players. The sad thing is that his philosophy carries over into the 3rd and 4th lines as well, where a little grit is needed.

Obviously, all these skilled guys in the system can't all play in the top 6. So some of them will have to play on the lower lines, like Mursak is doing now and like Hudler has done so many times in the past. Needless to say, skilled players are wasted if you play them on lower lines where they can't score and aren't effective checkers. I wish they'd start drafting bigger, more physical players to groom them into the lower line roles. And before you say that we can get such players easily in free agency, we haven't really been doing much of that.

Yeah but Callahan is small lol so he'll get his shot.

No but actually I think since hes home grown drafted and developed Callahan (and maybe Cayer) will get their fair shake to make this wings team