HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

Ansar Khan ‏ @AnsarKhanMLive
Lidstrom, kindl and bertuzzi on the ice for Wings practice in El Segundo

Lidstrom skated for a few minutes before leaving the ice. Doesn't bode well for next two games. Hasn't practiced in more than 2 weeks

Wings practicing with these lines: 51-40-26, 11-43-93, 20-8-44, 96-48-39. Datsyuk working in on top two lines. Nyquist in transit from Hou

Helen St. James says the same thing... she is a "little" worried about Nick... IMO i think the earliest we see him is Saturday at SJ

Mlive link: http://www.mlive.com...dstrom_ska.html

Edited by HockeytownRules19, 12 March 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#2 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

It is a little worrisome that Lids has been out so long, but as long as he's back in time for the playoffs, that's all that really matters. At this point it may be best to try to lock down 4th place and just get healthy going into the postseason.

#3 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

Bone bruises are tricky. They usually aren't too serious but they take a long time to heal up, and are really hard to play through because of the swelling and the movement of the joints around the ankle.

All you can really do is wait. Rather he just heals up properly, however long it takes.
Posted Image

#4 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

Helene St. James ‏ @freepwings

Bertuzzi said he'd skate tomorrow, determine if play against Kings

Not surprising... Lidstrom out at least next 2 games

Helene St. James ‏ @freepwings

Lidstrom says he's out at least next 2 games

Edited by HockeytownRules19, 12 March 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#5 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

A significant bone bruise can take 6-10 weeks for the pain to dissipate. Its a terrible injury I've had with a finger and my radius (both from blocking shots in my Jr days). If the medical staff can deem that hes not at risk for further injury (ie, stress fractures) I would like to think that training staff might start thinking about giving him localized pain masking agents. Kurt Angle won and Olympics medal with 2 broken vertebrae in his neck via taking localized Novocaine injections before matches ... numbs the pain and isnt a banned because it lacks opiate or steroidal properties. Just a thought.

What pisses me off that a 6 million dollar player has a needless injury - if he had the skate shells that many shotblockers wear these days (Kronwall +Commie come to mind) he wouldnt have had an issue to begin with. I realize theres a comfort issue - but if I could go back and do things again I know that I would have certainly worn them.

#6 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

A significant bone bruise can take 6-10 weeks for the pain to dissipate. Its a terrible injury I've had with a finger and my radius (both from blocking shots in my Jr days). If the medical staff can deem that hes not at risk for further injury (ie, stress fractures) I would like to think that training staff might start thinking about giving him localized pain masking agents. Kurt Angle won and Olympics medal with 2 broken vertebrae in his neck via taking localized Novocaine injections before matches ... numbs the pain and isnt a banned because it lacks opiate or steroidal properties. Just a thought.

What pisses me off that a 6 million dollar player has a needless injury - if he had the skate shells that many shotblockers wear these days (Kronwall +Commie come to mind) he wouldnt have had an issue to begin with. I realize theres a comfort issue - but if I could go back and do things again I know that I would have certainly worn them.

IMO I bet if this happened during the playoffs I bet he would take a shot and some painkillers and give it a go, but they are being very cautious about this injury since we are so close to the playoffs

#7 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

Defense can get by without lids for a while longer. I just like to see datsyuk back so we can have some offense again

#8 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

Bummer

Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Bertuzzi & Kindl all out tomorrow

Bertuzzi may play Wednesday

all of this according to Babs

Babcock said Datsyuk, Bertuzzi, Lidstrom and Kindl out Tuesday. Only Bertuzzi possible for Wednesday.

#9 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Has Lidstrom ever missed say 10 games in a season? I can't remember it.

If they know they're not going to win the division, I wouldn't be surprised if they sit him for a while longer. Maybe even until the playoffs start.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#10 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

Has Lidstrom ever missed say 10 games in a season? I can't remember it.

If they know they're not going to win the division, I wouldn't be surprised if they sit him for a while longer. Maybe even until the playoffs start.

The most games he had ever missed in a season is six when he played 76 games in 2007-2008 (note: 1994 1995 was a the lockout year where he played 43 of 46 in the NHL but 13 in the SEL)

#11 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

This doesn't "Bone" well for an 8th Norris!

:lol: Sorry, couldn't resist! Get Well Nick! We need you for the playoffs!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#12 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

:( face.

Makes trying to win this West Coast series that much more important to to try to get back to one of the top 2 spots.

#13 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

The most games he had ever missed in a season is six when he played 76 games in 2007-2008 (note: 1994 1995 was a the lockout year where he played 43 of 46 in the NHL but 13 in the SEL)

Well, it looks like that streak will be broken this season.

His durability has always been incredible, but at 40 years old, it's natural that it may take him longer to recover than a younger player with a similar injury.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#14 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

They should of casted Lids a while back...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#15 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

Bone bruises are tricky. They usually aren't too serious but they take a long time to heal up, and are really hard to play through because of the swelling and the movement of the joints around the ankle.

All you can really do is wait. Rather he just heals up properly, however long it takes.

I can sympathize with Lidstrom and his bruise. I think I bruised a bone (I didn't go to the doctor, so it's my own diagnosis) in my wrist over two weeks ago playing Broomball. If you haven't played it, it's like hockey but instead of skates, you run on the ice. One of the times I wiped out, I landed on my wrist, and it stung pretty bad. I still kept playing, however, 16 days later I can't put any pressure on it to push myself up, do pushups without push up bars when I exercise, or lean on it.

With that said, the wrist is bad enough, I can't imagine what the ankle is like. Take your time Nick!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#16 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

Why do you say that? For a bruise? Just takes time to heal naturally.

Posted Image

#17 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

Why would they cast a bruise? Time is what is needed to heal the bruise
IPB Image

#18 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

I'm happy that Lids is getting some rest before the playoffs. The 5th seed is just fine by me. The main thing is for the team to be healthy for the playoffs.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#19 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

Why do you say that? For a bruise? Just takes time to heal naturally.

If there is any soft tissue damage if would help and sorta force him to stay off of it to be non weight bearing...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1