• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/13 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Kings 5

Rate this topic

Going to the game tomorrow and hoping to see some of our guys back in the lineup.

Finally got good sits behind the benches. Look for me screaming at our lazy boys.

Franzen and Cleary will have goals in a Win.

Go Wings !

How are games in LA?

Lots of Wings fans. People are usually friendly with opposing team fans. I have worn my Fedorov jersey many times and got complements for it.

Staple Center is really nice. Back in days when we had the Russian 5 and those games were played at Great Western Forum I have had lots of fun going to Wings games. Big Russian community here and Wings fans would wear Red Army hats and some really cool outfits to those games.

One thing about Kings fans is that majority go to those games to see hockey fight rather than a good hockey game. Some people will disagree with me, but that is what I have noticed.

Overal, I wish I could go to more games.

Go Wings !

Edited by arag

Lots of Wings fans. People are usually friendly with opposing team fans. I have worn my Fedorov jersey many times and got complements for it.

Staple Center is really nice. Back in days when we had the Russian 5 and those games were played at Great Western Forum I have had lots of fun going to Wings games. Big Russian community here and Wings fans would wear Red Army hats and some really cool outfits to those games.

One thing about Kings fans is that majority go to those games to see hockey fight rather than a good hockey game. Some people will disagree with me, but that is what I have noticed.

Go Wings !

Sounds like a good time. :thumbup:

Go Wings !

I was at a kings game at staples a few years ago (not against the wings) and I remember a fight breaking out and a fan screaming "break his collarbone!"

I was at a kings game at staples a few years ago (not against the wings) and I remember a fight breaking out and a fan screaming "break his collarbone!"

I know some season ticket holders with hockey knowledge less than of a 5 year old in astrophysics. For some it is just an entertainment, not a sport.

But I stil love LA and I like Kings too. Well second to Wings of course.

All aboard the Red Wing 2012 Playoff war-wagon ... St Louis is outpacing us and Nashville is nipping on our heels. Our skeleton crews only got a couple games left before our studs starts occupying the big minutes again. Lets hope this group can play tough, fast, greasy hockey and get AT LEAST 4 points out of this road trip. With the handful of teams battling to get into the playoffs and the elite status of the central I think playoff hockey has more or less already begun - every game from here on out will directly affect our seeding come April. Lets go boys!

(ps. I like Nyquist allot ... he skates well, holds the puck strong for a small guy, has quick hands, and makes smart plays - he NEEDS to stay in the lineup even when we are healthy IMO.

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 1-game losing streak

Away: 2-game losing streak

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. Los Angeles

Overall: 2-game winning streak

Away: 2-game winning streak

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season

Overall: 4W-5L-0OTL-1SOL

Away: 4W-5L-0OTL-1SOL

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season v. Los Angeles

Overall: 5W-4L-1OTL

Away: 7W-2L-1SOL

Home Games / Away Games

This is the second of four consecutive away games

Record v. Record v. Los Angeles

All-time, Overall v. Los Angeles

186G: 80W-77L-27T-0RT-2OTL-0SOL

All-time, Away v. Los Angeles

93G: 34W-43L-14T-0RT-2OTL-0SOL

Season Record v. Los Angeles

This is the finale of four games v. Los Angeles this season. The Club's record in the previous three games:

3W

This is the finale of two away games v. Los Angeles this season. The Club's record in the previous game:

1W

Record on this Day

March 13

This is the 36th regular-season game played on this day. The Club’s record in the previous 35 games:

15W-13L-7T

This is the 4th game played v. Los Angeles on this day. The Club's record in the previous 3 games:

1W-1L-1T

Days of the Week

This is the finale of 16 regular-season games played on Tuesday. The Club’s record in the previous 15 games:

8W-6L-1OTL

LGW.

Glad Jimmy is back, wish Pavel, Nick and Bert were back too.

A loss tonight or tomorrow will most likely result in another drop in the standings.

Edited by syntax

I expect Pasha to be out tonight and tomorrow, as Babs already confirmed, but it seems as though Pasha is going to play Saturday night in San Jose since he has been practicing with lines for a few days now. Bert will probs be back tomorrow night, and Pasha on Saturday. On the negative side, I think Nick won't play until next Monday at home. I think that because he only skated for a few minutes yesterday, and said that he would like to get a couple good practices in before he plays... honestly why rush it. Better to not play Nick on the road against a hungry San Jose team and give him a couple extra days off and let him return at home.

As for tonight, I predict a completely opposite game against LA than what we saw last Friday night. Friday's game was slow, and very defensive for both teams. Tonight I think it will be a lot more fast paced, and LA will play a lot more desperate than they did at the Joe. Also, the Wings skated really well in Nashville on Saturday night and really deserved at least a point if not 2, so I think that they will have their skating legs tonight as well (especially to stay somewhat close to the Blues). A;ll in all, I predict a good game by Hank and Fil again tonight and for some reason I have a strange feeling that we will FINALLY see a good looking Wings powerplay tonight! GO WINGS!

I hope to see Wings playing at the Joe one day. That would be a dream come true for me.

I hope you get your wish! I am going back to the Joe for the first time in 11 years at the end of the month. ChelisChick and I are meeting WizardofOz30 and ACalltoArms at the games. Motown may never be the same!!

I know the team is missing Pasha and Nick out there, along with the rest of the injured... but I am so proud of them for what they've managed to do in spite of the tough situation. Strength in adversity! I am especially proud of Valtteri and how he's become the mini-Pasha we knew he could be. It all bodes well as we head toward the playoffs... just wait 'til everyone is back. :thumbup:

I am in the minority but i love the late games, even with the time change making me :blink: in the mornings. I can get home for the entire game, and not risk speeding tickets or worse trying to get home. :lol:

Think I might stay up for this one. It's Spring Break here at work, so nothing's going on this week (and I get Thursday and Friday off). Glad to see Jimmy will be back in tonight. That can only mean good things.

Really looking forward to this, just wish I didn't have to wait for all eternity to pass before game time.

I hate using the term "must win" but this one sure feels like it. The Kings are a beatable team and the Wings really cannot afford to lose any more ground in the standings.

Looking forward to seeing more of Nyquist and Smith, the one bright spot to all these injuries.

LGW!!!

Guest Hatethedrake!

I will predict a 2-1 Red Wings victory. Goals by Nyquist and Smith. :thumbup: