• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/13 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Kings 5

Rate this topic

I'm sorry, but this is the worst red wings team I have seen in many years. I've been saying it all year. Most of their wins are only by one goal and with the powerplay the way it is right now, they're not going anywhere in the playoffs.

This

I'm sorry, but this is the worst red wings team I have seen in many years. I've been saying it all year. Most of their wins are only by one goal and with the powerplay the way it is right now, they're not going anywhere in the playoffs.

Did you watch the Red Wings in the 80's? Folks should be a little more thankful for the watching a team that has had a chance to win a cup for almost 18 years or so straight.... Team is injured and the lines are still learning one another with players who are wet behind the ears....

The way we are playing right now feels so much like 2007-2008 when we lost 6 in a row and 10 of 11. We all know how that ended up so look at the bright side. :hehe:

There's a huge difference between that team and this one. That team was 30-8-3 at the midway point. They were across-the-board good. 3rd in GF/G, 1st in GA/G. Their PP was 3rd in the league and their PK was 8th. They also had 5 20 goal scorers.

This current team has had good runs for most of the season, but they aren't the machine that the '08 team was.

Guest Hatethedrake!

What would Brian Boitano do if he were here right now? I think he'd kick an ass or 2, that's what Brian Boitano would do.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

There's a huge difference between that team and this one. That team was 30-8-3 at the midway point. They were across-the-board good. 3rd in GF/G, 1st in GA/G. Their PP was 3rd in the league and their PK was 8th. They also had 5 20 goal scorers.

This current team has had good runs for most of the season, but they aren't the machine that the '08 team was.

And that team had Downey and Lilja.

That kind of manhood is totally absent on this roster.

And that team had Downey and Lilja.

That kind of manhood is totally absent on this roster.

I give Lilja serious respect for trying to fight at the NHL level when he clearly had not grown up playing that way. But he was an awful fighter and sometimes embarrassing fighter (grabbing a guy's leg to take him down?) culminating in Weber knocking his screws loose.

I know it's become a running joke but I don't think anyone feared Lillypads in a fight.

I give Lilja serious respect for trying to fight at the NHL level when he clearly had not grown up playing that way. But he was an awful fighter and sometimes embarrassing fighter (grabbing a guy's leg to take him down?) culminating in Weber knocking his screws loose.

I know it's become a running joke but I don't think anyone feared Lillypads in a fight.

You're telling me with a straight face that you wouldn't be afraid of that look?

article_11434_2.jpg

Lilja lost like one fight here in 3 years and yet he's an awful fighter somehow. <_< <_<

Edited by GMRwings1983

You're telling me with a straight face that you wouldn't be afraid of that look?

article_11434_2.jpg

Lilja lost like one fight here in 3 years and yet he's an awful fighter somehow. <_< <_<

Lilja has lost more than one fight. The best he ever did was fight to a draw. I doubt he instilled fear in any legit fighter.

I'm being totally serious when I give him a lot credit for adjusting his game to try and provide what the Wings desperately needed, but to act as if Lilja was a legit fighter to be feared just shows how far the Wings have gone from having players who can really go.