• Please log in to reply
362 replies to this topic

#121 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

This isn't even a playoff team without Datsyuk.

Yeah we're missing a few more guys than just Datsyuk, but way to over simplify.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#122 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Cleary needs to go on IR and we should play Nyquist in his place for the rest of the year. At least Nyquist is playing with some heart

#123 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

this place is brimming with positivity

#124 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

There is a value to not being exhausted at work tomorrow. Going to give the Wings a little more time though.

Agreed. I'll give them two periods to decide whether or not I'm bailing for bed. I mean, unless the score gets out of hand before that point.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#125 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

This team is PATHETIC without Pasha! Like seriously they look LOST! I understand they are missing a few pieces but they need to have a better effort than this. Also for the Wings to have this bad of a PP whichever coach is running the PP needs to NOT RUN IT asap because this is unacceptable. I cannot wait until Pasha is back.

#126 hudler sucks

hudler sucks

Prospect

• 33 posts

This is just sad. There's no excuse to be that bad on the powerplay and give up shorties on top of it.

#127 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts

mr holmstrom is useless PP and EV. Cant even remember last time he made a difference

Edited by brett, 13 March 2012 - 10:08 PM.

#128 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

There is a value to not being exhausted at work tomorrow. Going to give the Wings a little more time though.

Yea I'm currently studying fitness and nutrition for a side business. Another LA goal and I can study a bit more before bed.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#129 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

This isn't even a playoff team without Datsyuk.

His skill is missed no doubt. However, I think what he brings most to the team is leadership and work ethic. The combination of Pasha and Lids being out is what is killer. That lack of leadership along with the skill, is what is missed the most.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#130 ValpoHockey

ValpoHockey

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

Guys, it's only the first period.

#131 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

mr holmstrom is useless PP and EV. Cant even remember last time he made a difference

Tell me about it. He's a liablity at ES and drags down the effectiveness of the 4th line, and he makes no difference whatsoever on the PP.

He's got to go.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#132 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

aaaand that's why he's a rookie folks!

*Read with dripping sarcasm

Oh no, you couldn't be more wrong. The Red Wings keep their players down in the minor league system until way after they are ready to play for the club. Haven't you heard?

For the record, I'm so tired of hearing this one.

#133 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Have they tried the dump and chase approach with Helm on the PP yet? Teams are just stacking the blueline against us, and none of our skilled guys can go get the puck when they're forced to dump it in.

#134 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Ya he really needs to go. He surely does not help anything. Both him and Clearly need to hit the road and get some hungry guys in here.

#135 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

Injuries or not we make ourselves so easy to play against Usually when you lose some skill in the lineup you grind a bit more but we are trying to be even more fancy. Shoot thef****** puck!

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#136 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

Am I the only person who sees the Refs miss an obvious penalty against the Kings, and then think to myself "Thank God we don't have to go on the power play again"

#137 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

In other news, NHL.com still gives Nick no respect: https://twitter.com/#!/FSDwakiji/status/179766233590272001/photo/1

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#138 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 382 posts

Cleary needs to go on IR and we should play Nyquist in his place for the rest of the year. At least Nyquist is playing with some heart

I don't get it. He's had his knee drained like tree times in the last month and has been getting regular cortisone injections. There is no justification or keeping stu in over nyquist once healthy. Which does he have, a ntc or nmc?

#139 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

forgettable first period

#140 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

Have they tried the dump and chase approach with Helm on the PP yet? Teams are just stacking the blueline against us, and none of our skilled guys can go get the puck when they're forced to dump it in.

No, but they have tried the "dump and don't chase" approach.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.