65 replies to this topic

#41 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

*UPDATE*

According to my friend (the one who date's Dan's sister) Dan is making a decision on Thursday! Of course this just after Holland decides to send Smith back to GRR in favor of a less talented Kindl. That doesn't show Dan much confidence that Holland seriously wants him in Detroit, but only to play in GRR for 4-5 years first. Holland is going to shoot the pooch on this one with the way he has handled Smith. If Danny signs somewhere else it will be all Holland's fault in the way he handles his players. Say what you want about Holland and his supposed best GM in the world status, but he definitely messed up by sending Smith down and not just sitting Kindl. He better hope that Danny wants to be a Red Wing so bad that he is willing to pass up instant NHL play to sign here and be stuck in GRR until he has no more options to be sent down...but I doubt that will happen. Danny will sign somewhere else, become a star and Holland will still be considered the best? This is what I laugh at. A combo of Smith and Dekeyser would be much more physical and productive that Kindl/Ericsson. I certainly hope Danny wants to be a Red Wing REALLY bad!

Also, Dan's mom likes what Burke is saying in Toronto and now Philly and Calgary are involved in wanting to sign him...along with Tampa still. He said Dan told him that he wants to play in Detroit, so I hope that he chooses here. But he could be a millionaire in one of the other cities and be playing NHL NOW, but not so much on a 2-way contract in GRR. I don't get Holland sometimes, Smith has done more in his short time here than Kindl has done his entire career...well, at least this year.

All I got to say is Holland best not miss out on this one....

EDIT: Not that I am saying Danny should be in the lineup now with Smith, but there is no way Holland should let Dekeyser go somewhere else and he should ditch Kindl over the summer and have Danny be one of the constant call ups all season long. But the prospect of being buried in GRR for 4-5 years cannot be too attractive...

Thanks for the update. Always nice when the guys with inside info share it with the group.

But seriously is his mom retarded? A young hyped dman in Toronto is the worst thing I've seen. Young guys not playing like Holzer and Aulie after Aulie proved he could handle top minutes well. And young guys like Schenn not panning out with that media messing with their heads.

I hope he makes his own decision and doesnt listen to his mom

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#42 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,613 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

Thanks for the update. Always nice when the guys with inside info share it with the group.

But seriously is his mom retarded? A young hyped dman in Toronto is the worst thing I've seen. Young guys not playing like Holzer and Aulie after Aulie proved he could handle top minutes well. And young guys like Schenn not panning out with that media messing with their heads.

I hope he makes his own decision and doesnt listen to his mom

Me too! I'd hate to see him go anywhere else but here, but NHL or AHL...which would you choose? I just hope he decides to take the I-96 route...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#43 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,613 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

*UPDATE*

According to my friend (the one who date's Dan's sister) Dan is making a decision on Thursday! Of course this just after Holland decides to send Smith back to GRR in favor of a less talented Kindl. That doesn't show Dan much confidence that Holland seriously wants him in Detroit, but only to play in GRR for 4-5 years first. Holland is going to shoot the pooch on this one with the way he has handled Smith. If Danny signs somewhere else it will be all Holland's fault in the way he handles his players. Say what you want about Holland and his supposed best GM in the world status, but he definitely messed up by sending Smith down and not just sitting Kindl. He better hope that Danny wants to be a Red Wing so bad that he is willing to pass up instant NHL play to sign here and be stuck in GRR until he has no more options to be sent down...but I doubt that will happen. Danny will sign somewhere else, become a star and Holland will still be considered the best? This is what I laugh at. A combo of Smith and Dekeyser would be much more physical and productive that Kindl/Ericsson. I certainly hope Danny wants to be a Red Wing REALLY bad!

Also, Dan's mom likes what Burke is saying in Toronto and now Philly and Calgary are involved in wanting to sign him...along with Tampa still. He said Dan told him that he wants to play in Detroit, so I hope that he chooses here. But he could be a millionaire in one of the other cities and be playing NHL NOW, but not so much on a 2-way contract in GRR. I don't get Holland sometimes, Smith has done more in his short time here than Kindl has done his entire career...well, at least this year.

All I got to say is Holland best not miss out on this one....

EDIT: Not that I am saying Danny should be in the lineup now with Smith, but there is no way Holland should let Dekeyser go somewhere else and he should ditch Kindl over the summer and have Danny be one of the constant call ups all season long. But the prospect of being buried in GRR for 4-5 years cannot be too attractive...

Wow! Really? Someone thought that this update deserved a neg? You got problems son... Do you think that Kindl is better than Smith? Honestly I think the same user negs me everytime they see me post...that is what drives me nuts and why neggers should be held accountable to explain their neg...

Edited by LeftWinger, 26 March 2012 - 05:49 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

#44 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,613 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

:dntknw:

Ok, if that is how you all feel....

Edited by LeftWinger, 26 March 2012 - 06:13 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

#45 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

Me too! I'd hate to see him go anywhere else but here, but NHL or AHL...which would you choose? I just hope he decides to take the I-96 route...

NHL wont happen in toronto either though is the thing lol.

And seriously people youre negging leftwinger as hes sitting here giving us insode info on a top prospect that could be signing with us in days? Yeah lets all neg him so he stops feeding us info, real smart guys :rolleyes:

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#46 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

Wow! Really? Someone thought that this update deserved a neg? You got problems son... Do you think that Kindl is better than Smith? Honestly I think the same user negs me everytime they see me post...that is what drives me nuts and why neggers should be held accountable to explain their neg...

Just got rid of that neg for ya :cool: along with the other neg on your update post.

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 26 March 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#47 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Honestly I think the same user negs me everytime they see me post...that is what drives me nuts and why neggers should be held accountable to explain their neg...

Maybe you should just drop the whole neg thing and let it go. You are the only person who cares about it, like its some kind of currency or something. This is a Wings message board. Maybe you should just talk about hockey instead of your strange obsession with the +/- buttons that serve no function.

People might actually stop negging you too, just a thought.

#48 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Maybe you should just drop the whole neg thing and let it go. You are the only person who cares about it, like its some kind of currency or something. This is a Wings message board. Maybe you should just talk about hockey instead of your strange obsession with the +/- buttons that serve no function.

People might actually stop negging you too, just a thought.

I couldnt resist

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#49 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

I couldnt resist

congrats I gave u a +1 for this

#50 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

Western Michigan sophomore D Danny DeKeyser, arguably top U.S. college free agent, has decided to return to school next season. -- Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie)

Well there you go.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#51 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

Per Bob McKenzie on Twitter, DeKeyser will be returning to Western next year.

#52 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

congrats I gave u a +1 for this

Likewise sir :thumbup:

s***ty that hes going back, surprising too one injury and its bye bye

Edited by newfy, 26 March 2012 - 09:45 PM.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#53 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

Maybe he is already in agreement with Kenny and is being "stashed away" at college for another year.

Could be a few spots on D opening up in the next few seasons.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#54 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

I don't want to get my hopes up... BUT please please PLEASE let this be true
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#55 JoeBuddy

JoeBuddy

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

The Miller salesman that comes into my work used to play hockey at Western. A couple of weeks ago he told me that the Wings sent Ken Holland, Jimmy D, Chelios, Draper, and more a while back to one of his games. Anyways, Ken Holland apparently had told him that the Wings would like Dan to stay in college for another year. Now that this report has come out that he will stay another year at Western, I wonder if that means he has secretly decided to join the Wings in the future.

Also, I realize that this does sound unreliable coming from me, but if anyone can remember, I did report that the Wings signed Jason Williams on this forum before it was out on the press. (A lot of good he did us)
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!"
- Mickey Redmond observing Tomas Holmstrom getting hit by the Dallas Stars. (January 12, 2001)

#56 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:50 AM

Rumor Killed.

#57 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

The Miller salesman that comes into my work used to play hockey at Western. A couple of weeks ago he told me that the Wings sent Ken Holland, Jimmy D, Chelios, Draper, and more a while back to one of his games. Anyways, Ken Holland apparently had told him that the Wings would like Dan to stay in college for another year. Now that this report has come out that he will stay another year at Western, I wonder if that means he has secretly decided to join the Wings in the future.

Also, I realize that this does sound unreliable coming from me, but if anyone can remember, I did report that the Wings signed Jason Williams on this forum before it was out on the press. (A lot of good he did us)

I remember that, something about you seeing Holland at a baseball game and he told you? A select few ripped on you for about a week until the signing was announced then they all shut up.

I could see this being true. Dekeyser takes one more year in the NCAA, Kindl, Ericcson and Smith battle it out and see who needs to stay. Move one of them and bring in Dekeyser after this season

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#58 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

I'm anxiously awaiting the LeftWinger perspective on this development. lol
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

Rumor Killed.

Not necessarily. It reads like denial, but the Holland-stashing-him-away-for-another-year scenario is not entirely ridiculous.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#60 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

I'm happy he decided to stay another year in college. The problem with these youngsters is the drive to play in the NHL right away, when they fail to understand the concept of development. If you honestly think this guy could just come into the NHL and be successful, well congrats, but it most likely wouldn't be that way. The development process of the Red Wings organization doesn't get mimic'ed because it doesn't work.... it's because it makes sense. We're talking a young college D-man who would be prone to make numerous turn overs and bad plays while changing to the pace. The NHL is filled with players at his level, and well beyond his level... the CCHA is not. It would be a joke, and honestly I would be pissed if his parents were talking him into going the easier route and signing with a team that would ALLOW him up that early. Sign with an organization that knows what their doing, earn your spot in the lineup, and trust me, you'll be a better player down the road. His time with the organization and development with the Griffins, would only make him better.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.