• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Cajanek_Spielmacher

Cajanek_Spielmacher

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

http://obnoxiousfan....ouis-is-better/ I do not want the Blues to be the cause of such suffering. This person is frightening me, help him now! :o
PRIDE-PASSION-DETERMINATION-FAITH-ST.LOUIS BLUES----

#2 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

I got bored after the first paragraph, honestly.

Having not made it out of the first round of the playoffs in ten years, I get that you guys are excited there and post things like this. But as the Wings have learned from painful experiences over the years, stats and the President's Trophy don't count for jack in the postseason. Home ice advantage yes, but that's it.

#4 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

Datsyuk laughs at this article.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#5 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 803 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

What a waste of time.

#6 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

If ever there was a tl;dr article, it's this one. Get to the point already.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

I got bored after the first paragraph, honestly.

Having not made it out of the first round of the playoffs in ten years, I get that you guys are excited there and post things like this. But as the Wings have learned from painful experiences over the years, stats and the President's Trophy don't count for jack in the postseason. Home ice advantage yes, but that's it.

I agree.

Ask Vancouver how the presidents trophy treated them last year.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#8 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

How many Cups have the Blues won in their illustrious 40+ year history?

This is why I've always found their fanbase annoying, much like Vancouver's. Their bragging would sound more justified if it came from a franchise that's actually accomplished something in recent memory. In their case, they've never won anything at all.

Screw the Blues and their fanbase.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#9 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

I stopped reading after he referred to 'parody' instead of 'parity'.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#10 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

Oh Blues fans....I guess there are not enough fans in St Lose to have a following of your own so you have to tag along with big brother?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#11 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

i still to this day do not understand why Adam Oates was traded away, but if the Wings made the playoffs that year, then the course of history may have changed and the picks to come may have been different and they may not have got Lidstrom and Federov... not sure if it mentioned that later in the article, but i got bored reading over and over, "we made a trade"... i wish like hell the Wings kept Oates, but s*** happens. look at the Wings since losing Oates...4 Cups. kinda hard to diss a team that competes for the cup every year and has won it numerous times.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#12 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

How did St. Louis not win a Stanley Cup with Mr. William Scott Bowman as Head Coach?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#13 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,503 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

I stopped reading after he referred to 'parody' instead of 'parity'.

I think those terms might be interchangeable in the Blues' case. :cool:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#14 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

Maybe they meant "party"?

#15 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

This whole thing was sort of silly. I get that St. Louis has a better record than Detroit, if you think that makes them a better team then o.k., I guess that's one reasonably legitimate way of coming to that conclusion. But the justifications here are absurd. Trading away Adam Oates was a bad trade, but I certainly don't see how it did anything positive for St. Louis. Additionally, I don't really see how Chris Stewart or Shattenkirk are more important trades than Quincey, and I definitely don't see how Brad Stuart losing a fight is proof that St. Louis has Detroit's number. As a matter of fact let me go on record as stating that BRAD STUART HAS NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER BEEN A FIGHTER IN THE NHL! I hear this silly s*** all the time around here..."well back when Stuart used to drop the gloves..." He has never been the type to drop the gloves...period. Anyway, sorry for the rant, this article is fairly dumb, and that's coming from a guy who sort of likes the way this St. Louis team plays hockey. Go Wings!

p.s. Why does every sports writer or "blogist" in the country feel like it's necessary to blatantly rip off Mitch Albom's style all of the sudden? Not every blog or article needs historical narrative you mooks!

Edited by kipwinger, 13 March 2012 - 01:32 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#16 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

How did St. Louis not win a Stanley Cup with Mr. William Scott Bowman as Head Coach?

They ran into Toe Blake's Canadiens in 1968.
Then then met the same Canadiens team, now coached by Claude Ruel, in 1969.
Then they met Bobby Orr in 1970, when a rather famous goal was scored...

They were swept each time.

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#17 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

I guess he had that "winning tradition" in just about every other city he coached in.

#18 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

So, the Blues are the best team in the NHL. So anything short of a Presidents Trophy and Stanley Cup is a major disappointment and a lost season. No pressure: Good luck with that.

Personally, I like the fact that the raggedy ass franchise is finally having a season worth beating them in.

Edited by T.Low, 13 March 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#19 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

http://obnoxiousfan.wordpress.com/2012/03/13/terror-in-hockeytown-the-voices-sayst-louis-is-better/ I do not want the Blues to be the cause of such suffering. This person is frightening me, help him now! :o

Let's be honest. Apart from that being a dumb article that takes enormous leaps in logic, the writer is obviously a Blues fan writing as if he were a Wings fan. No need to worry about the Blues being the cause of this guys suffering, that is at least if/when they get knocked out of the playoffs.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#20 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

This whole thing was sort of silly. I get that St. Louis has a better record than Detroit, if you think that makes them a better team then o.k., I guess that's one reasonably legitimate way of coming to that conclusion. But the justifications here are absurd. Trading away Adam Oates was a bad trade, but I certainly don't see how it did anything positive for St. Louis. Additionally, I don't really see how Chris Stewart or Shattenkirk are more important trades than Quincey, and I definitely don't see how Brad Stuart losing a fight is proof that St. Louis has Detroit's number. As a matter of fact let me go on record as stating that BRAD STUART HAS NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER BEEN A FIGHTER IN THE NHL! I hear this silly s*** all the time around here..."well back when Stuart used to drop the gloves..." He has never been the type to drop the gloves...period. Anyway, sorry for the rant, this article is fairly dumb, and that's coming from a guy who sort of likes the way this St. Louis team plays hockey. Go Wings!

p.s. Why does every sports writer or "blogist" in the country feel like it's necessary to blatantly rip off Mitch Albom's style all of the sudden? Not every blog or article needs historical narrative you mooks!

People talk about Stuart's days when he used to fight?

He's been in about one per season, and usually they're not even really traditional fights where guys square off. It's usually more like scrums where finally someone throws the gloves off.