• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cajanek_Spielmacher

Please, for the love of God

Rate this topic

I got bored after the first paragraph, honestly.

Having not made it out of the first round of the playoffs in ten years, I get that you guys are excited there and post things like this. But as the Wings have learned from painful experiences over the years, stats and the President's Trophy don't count for jack in the postseason. Home ice advantage yes, but that's it.

I got bored after the first paragraph, honestly.

Having not made it out of the first round of the playoffs in ten years, I get that you guys are excited there and post things like this. But as the Wings have learned from painful experiences over the years, stats and the President's Trophy don't count for jack in the postseason. Home ice advantage yes, but that's it.

I agree.

Ask Vancouver how the presidents trophy treated them last year.

How many Cups have the Blues won in their illustrious 40+ year history?

This is why I've always found their fanbase annoying, much like Vancouver's. Their bragging would sound more justified if it came from a franchise that's actually accomplished something in recent memory. In their case, they've never won anything at all.

Screw the Blues and their fanbase.

i still to this day do not understand why Adam Oates was traded away, but if the Wings made the playoffs that year, then the course of history may have changed and the picks to come may have been different and they may not have got Lidstrom and Federov... not sure if it mentioned that later in the article, but i got bored reading over and over, "we made a trade"... i wish like hell the Wings kept Oates, but s*** happens. look at the Wings since losing Oates...4 Cups. kinda hard to diss a team that competes for the cup every year and has won it numerous times.

This whole thing was sort of silly. I get that St. Louis has a better record than Detroit, if you think that makes them a better team then o.k., I guess that's one reasonably legitimate way of coming to that conclusion. But the justifications here are absurd. Trading away Adam Oates was a bad trade, but I certainly don't see how it did anything positive for St. Louis. Additionally, I don't really see how Chris Stewart or Shattenkirk are more important trades than Quincey, and I definitely don't see how Brad Stuart losing a fight is proof that St. Louis has Detroit's number. As a matter of fact let me go on record as stating that BRAD STUART HAS NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER BEEN A FIGHTER IN THE NHL! I hear this silly s*** all the time around here..."well back when Stuart used to drop the gloves..." He has never been the type to drop the gloves...period. Anyway, sorry for the rant, this article is fairly dumb, and that's coming from a guy who sort of likes the way this St. Louis team plays hockey. Go Wings!

p.s. Why does every sports writer or "blogist" in the country feel like it's necessary to blatantly rip off Mitch Albom's style all of the sudden? Not every blog or article needs historical narrative you mooks!

Edited by kipwinger

How did St. Louis not win a Stanley Cup with Mr. William Scott Bowman as Head Coach?

They ran into Toe Blake's Canadiens in 1968.

Then then met the same Canadiens team, now coached by Claude Ruel, in 1969.

Then they met Bobby Orr in 1970, when a rather famous goal was scored...

They were swept each time.

So, the Blues are the best team in the NHL. So anything short of a Presidents Trophy and Stanley Cup is a major disappointment and a lost season. No pressure: Good luck with that.

Personally, I like the fact that the raggedy ass franchise is finally having a season worth beating them in.

Edited by T.Low

http://obnoxiousfan.wordpress.com/2012/03/13/terror-in-hockeytown-the-voices-sayst-louis-is-better/ I do not want the Blues to be the cause of such suffering. This person is frightening me, help him now! :o

Let's be honest. Apart from that being a dumb article that takes enormous leaps in logic, the writer is obviously a Blues fan writing as if he were a Wings fan. No need to worry about the Blues being the cause of this guys suffering, that is at least if/when they get knocked out of the playoffs.

This whole thing was sort of silly. I get that St. Louis has a better record than Detroit, if you think that makes them a better team then o.k., I guess that's one reasonably legitimate way of coming to that conclusion. But the justifications here are absurd. Trading away Adam Oates was a bad trade, but I certainly don't see how it did anything positive for St. Louis. Additionally, I don't really see how Chris Stewart or Shattenkirk are more important trades than Quincey, and I definitely don't see how Brad Stuart losing a fight is proof that St. Louis has Detroit's number. As a matter of fact let me go on record as stating that BRAD STUART HAS NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER BEEN A FIGHTER IN THE NHL! I hear this silly s*** all the time around here..."well back when Stuart used to drop the gloves..." He has never been the type to drop the gloves...period. Anyway, sorry for the rant, this article is fairly dumb, and that's coming from a guy who sort of likes the way this St. Louis team plays hockey. Go Wings!

p.s. Why does every sports writer or "blogist" in the country feel like it's necessary to blatantly rip off Mitch Albom's style all of the sudden? Not every blog or article needs historical narrative you mooks!

People talk about Stuart's days when he used to fight?

He's been in about one per season, and usually they're not even really traditional fights where guys square off. It's usually more like scrums where finally someone throws the gloves off.

People talk about Stuart's days when he used to fight?

He's been in about one per season, and usually they're not even really traditional fights where guys square off. It's usually more like scrums where finally someone throws the gloves off.

I completely agree. I'll see if I can find where I read it last, it was only a few days ago.

Update: Check the last page of the "Smith Watch Thread". That was the most recent reference, but I've seen it here many times before.

Edited by kipwinger

What always gives me a chuckle is the need for Blues fans to let all of us know about their team. I'm not saying it was even the case here, but it feels like there is a lot of "hey look at us please" going on with that fanbase.

Maybe it's just me but the last thing I would think about doing is going to a rival's board to boast about the Red Wings accomplishments. In fact, I would be quite surprised if it really happens at all in general.

Having fans from other teams here is great (minus Chicago), but I truly don't care if the Blues finish first. We don't judge success based on the President's Trophy. Besides, the Blues jump in the standings oddly coincided with the Red Wings three best players at forward, defense, and in goal being injured.

What always gives me a chuckle is the need for Blues fans to let all of us know about their team. I'm not saying it was even the case here, but it feels like there is a lot of "hey look at us please" going on with that fanbase.

That's exactly what's going on. They come in here and act like they are here to have a conversation about hockey, but it's no coincidence they were here weeks ago when they were doing good, then the Wings tore it up and padded their lead, then we start to get the injury bug and lose a few games and all of a sudden the B-losers are ahead of us and out of the wood work come the knuckleheads again. "B-b-but we're finally relevant, pay attention to us!" I can't wait for them to come crashing down off their coke-binge-high so I can go to every god damn blues forum I can find and incessantly laugh at them for yet again failing to do a damn thing when it mattered most. I'll put money on them choking and I'll do it with a ******* smile on my face.

f*** the blues and their stupid ass fans.

Edited by rrasco

Haha!

An "article" from a website called "obnoxious fan" that only has three total articles (one of which rips the Blackhawks) and you want us to believe this was done by a Wings fan? Atleast we now know your name Cajanek...or should I say, Bruce Mason.

Get a life. Stop looking for big brother's validation.