• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cajanek_Spielmacher

Please, for the love of God

Rate this topic

I realize that many people on this forum weren't born yet when the Red Wings were a bad team. There's a great deal of pride in the accomplishments of one's team, especially when it is improvement over the recent past.

After a number of good years, one tends to take it in stride and expect that the prior results will continue, whereas teams with a history of falling short will show their excitement over small achievements.

And so, in many ways, the Wings fans of today are like adults who are so busy striving for the Big Prize that we fail to stop and appreciate the lesser accomplishments that we achieve on our way to the Big Prize. And the Blues fans are like children who still announce to the entire household, "I made poopoo in the potty!"

I realize that many people on this forum weren't born yet when the Red Wings were a bad team. There's a great deal of pride in the accomplishments of one's team, especially when it is improvement over the recent past.

After a number of good years, one tends to take it in stride and expect that the prior results will continue, whereas teams with a history of falling short will show their excitement over small achievements.

And so, in many ways, the Wings fans of today are like adults who are so busy striving for the Big Prize that we fail to stop and appreciate the lesser accomplishments that we achieve on our way to the Big Prize. And the Blues fans are like children who still announce to the entire household, "I made poopoo in the potty!"

Am I mistaken, or was this the slowest burn of them all?

Am I allowed to have a sig line this long? Please?

Way to much reading ... before we lost Pavel, Nick, Howie, Bert, Ericsson, and Kindl all within a 2.5 game span we were leading the Presidents trophy race. Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Vancouver etc are all playing pretty average hockey right now and nursing injuries. Guess what? Theyve all been around a block a few times. St Louis is playing hard nosed playoff style hockey and chasing the dragon hard. Their a badass team no question - but guess what? Id rather have my team peak 3 weeks from now with a rested and healthy lineup instead of rushing our wounded back to soon to try and catch up to a group of excited kids working their asses off for a trophy that doesnt mean anything.

What does Buffalo, Vancouver, Washington, San Jose and (probably St Louis) have in common? They've all won the Presidents trophy in the post lockout era but have yet to have a Cup in their entire franchise histories. I live in Vancouver - I had to listen to this dog and pony show from success-starved desperately excited fans a year ago. Go on with the chlorophyll..........

You sure that wasn't cprice12 writing that article, pretending to be unbiased yet always alluding to great moments in St. Louis history trying to belittle the Red Wings at the same time?

Come on really? One playoff loss to them in 20 years? Sure the Oates trade hurt at first, but it never got the Blues anywhere. If Oates would have stayed a Wing, things would have been different, sure, but things would have turned out different too! You probably don't make the trade for Carson, which doesn't bring you Coffey, which doesn't get you Shanahan. Who would you have rather had? Oates or Shanahan? If you make the playoffs that year, you don't draft Primeau, who also brought you Shanahan. Maybe Fedorov doesn't defect at the Goodwill games and he re-enter's the draft and gets drafted by someone else and there is never a Russian 5. You cannot mess with the space time continuum. Things happen for a reason. You can say that the Oates deal was one of the worst made, but in the end, it was one of the best things to happen to Detroit since 1983.

The Blues can have Hull & Oates and all the goals and assists. I will take the back to back Cups in the 90's and then the two more in the 2000's. What does Oates have? Stats....period. What does St. Louis have? Nothing....are they ahead of the Wings? Sure, will they finish ahead, probably, but you don't need the #1 seed to win the Cup...the Wings have proven that, time and time again!

Haha!

An "article" from a website called "obnoxious fan" that only has three total articles (one of which rips the Blackhawks) and you want us to believe this was done by a Wings fan? Atleast we now know your name Cajanek...or should I say, Bruce Mason.

Get a life. Stop looking for big brother's validation.

If this was done by a Wings fan, then I'm president of the "Peter Forsberg Fan Club"

A_winrar_is_you.png

As a matter of fact, remember when there were Blackhawks fans out the ying yang the last couple years seeking the same validation when their team was doing well?

Wonder where they ran off to.

If one of the top seeds is going to get beat in the 1st round, it'll be the Blues.

I like the Blues in the first round much better than I like anybody in the Pacific Division, and maybe even the Canucks. LA are chokers in the playoffs, San Jose isn't even in the picture now, and neither Dallas nor Phoenix have enough depth to go too far. Blues are fairly safe in the first.