• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

People talk about Stuart's days when he used to fight?

He's been in about one per season, and usually they're not even really traditional fights where guys square off. It's usually more like scrums where finally someone throws the gloves off.

I completely agree. I'll see if I can find where I read it last, it was only a few days ago.

Update: Check the last page of the "Smith Watch Thread". That was the most recent reference, but I've seen it here many times before.

Edited by kipwinger, 13 March 2012 - 02:14 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#22 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

What always gives me a chuckle is the need for Blues fans to let all of us know about their team. I'm not saying it was even the case here, but it feels like there is a lot of "hey look at us please" going on with that fanbase.

Maybe it's just me but the last thing I would think about doing is going to a rival's board to boast about the Red Wings accomplishments. In fact, I would be quite surprised if it really happens at all in general.

Having fans from other teams here is great (minus Chicago), but I truly don't care if the Blues finish first. We don't judge success based on the President's Trophy. Besides, the Blues jump in the standings oddly coincided with the Red Wings three best players at forward, defense, and in goal being injured.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#23 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

What always gives me a chuckle is the need for Blues fans to let all of us know about their team. I'm not saying it was even the case here, but it feels like there is a lot of "hey look at us please" going on with that fanbase.

That's exactly what's going on. They come in here and act like they are here to have a conversation about hockey, but it's no coincidence they were here weeks ago when they were doing good, then the Wings tore it up and padded their lead, then we start to get the injury bug and lose a few games and all of a sudden the B-losers are ahead of us and out of the wood work come the knuckleheads again. "B-b-but we're finally relevant, pay attention to us!" I can't wait for them to come crashing down off their coke-binge-high so I can go to every god damn blues forum I can find and incessantly laugh at them for yet again failing to do a damn thing when it mattered most. I'll put money on them choking and I'll do it with af****** smile on my face.

f*** the blues and their stupid ass fans.

Edited by rrasco, 13 March 2012 - 02:36 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#24 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

Haha!

An "article" from a website called "obnoxious fan" that only has three total articles (one of which rips the Blackhawks) and you want us to believe this was done by a Wings fan? Atleast we now know your name Cajanek...or should I say, Bruce Mason.

Get a life. Stop looking for big brother's validation.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#25 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

This reminds me of a recent season where Chicago fans thought that Detroit's dynasty was over and Chicago was taking over

lol... justf****** lol

Edited by wolverine1817, 13 March 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#26 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

I realize that many people on this forum weren't born yet when the Red Wings were a bad team. There's a great deal of pride in the accomplishments of one's team, especially when it is improvement over the recent past.

After a number of good years, one tends to take it in stride and expect that the prior results will continue, whereas teams with a history of falling short will show their excitement over small achievements.

And so, in many ways, the Wings fans of today are like adults who are so busy striving for the Big Prize that we fail to stop and appreciate the lesser accomplishments that we achieve on our way to the Big Prize. And the Blues fans are like children who still announce to the entire household, "I made poopoo in the potty!"

#27 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

I realize that many people on this forum weren't born yet when the Red Wings were a bad team. There's a great deal of pride in the accomplishments of one's team, especially when it is improvement over the recent past.

After a number of good years, one tends to take it in stride and expect that the prior results will continue, whereas teams with a history of falling short will show their excitement over small achievements.

And so, in many ways, the Wings fans of today are like adults who are so busy striving for the Big Prize that we fail to stop and appreciate the lesser accomplishments that we achieve on our way to the Big Prize. And the Blues fans are like children who still announce to the entire household, "I made poopoo in the potty!"

Am I mistaken, or was this the slowest burn of them all?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#28 Rebound

Rebound

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Why the hell did I click on the link? Now I've added to his page views... :(

#29 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

Am I allowed to have a sig line this long? Please?
*this space for rent*

#30 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

Am I mistaken, or was this the slowest burn of them all?

Slowest or greatest? I think they're pretty interchangeable in this case.

Posted Image

#31 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

Way to much reading ... before we lost Pavel, Nick, Howie, Bert, Ericsson, and Kindl all within a 2.5 game span we were leading the Presidents trophy race. Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Vancouver etc are all playing pretty average hockey right now and nursing injuries. Guess what? Theyve all been around a block a few times. St Louis is playing hard nosed playoff style hockey and chasing the dragon hard. Their a badass team no question - but guess what? Id rather have my team peak 3 weeks from now with a rested and healthy lineup instead of rushing our wounded back to soon to try and catch up to a group of excited kids working their asses off for a trophy that doesnt mean anything.

What does Buffalo, Vancouver, Washington, San Jose and (probably St Louis) have in common? They've all won the Presidents trophy in the post lockout era but have yet to have a Cup in their entire franchise histories. I live in Vancouver - I had to listen to this dog and pony show from success-starved desperately excited fans a year ago. Go on with the chlorophyll..........

#32 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

I'm sorry, is the season over? Did I fall asleep or something?

Didn't realize it was all locked up for them.

#33 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

You sure that wasn't cprice12 writing that article, pretending to be unbiased yet always alluding to great moments in St. Louis history trying to belittle the Red Wings at the same time?

Come on really? One playoff loss to them in 20 years? Sure the Oates trade hurt at first, but it never got the Blues anywhere. If Oates would have stayed a Wing, things would have been different, sure, but things would have turned out different too! You probably don't make the trade for Carson, which doesn't bring you Coffey, which doesn't get you Shanahan. Who would you have rather had? Oates or Shanahan? If you make the playoffs that year, you don't draft Primeau, who also brought you Shanahan. Maybe Fedorov doesn't defect at the Goodwill games and he re-enter's the draft and gets drafted by someone else and there is never a Russian 5. You cannot mess with the space time continuum. Things happen for a reason. You can say that the Oates deal was one of the worst made, but in the end, it was one of the best things to happen to Detroit since 1983.

The Blues can have Hull & Oates and all the goals and assists. I will take the back to back Cups in the 90's and then the two more in the 2000's. What does Oates have? Stats....period. What does St. Louis have? Nothing....are they ahead of the Wings? Sure, will they finish ahead, probably, but you don't need the #1 seed to win the Cup...the Wings have proven that, time and time again!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#34 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

I keep 2 numbers in mind when I see something like this...11 & 0
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#35 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

They celebrate blog posts and central division championships. I'm pretty satisfied sticking with what we've accomplished.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#36 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

Ken Hitchcock is a great coach. But his message burns out quick, check his history. It'll be no different with the Blues.

#NOMOREKINDL

#37 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

Haha!

An "article" from a website called "obnoxious fan" that only has three total articles (one of which rips the Blackhawks) and you want us to believe this was done by a Wings fan? Atleast we now know your name Cajanek...or should I say, Bruce Mason.

Get a life. Stop looking for big brother's validation.

If this was done by a Wings fan, then I'm president of the "Peter Forsberg Fan Club"
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#38 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:15 AM

Posted Image

As a matter of fact, remember when there were Blackhawks fans out the ying yang the last couple years seeking the same validation when their team was doing well?

Wonder where they ran off to.

Posted Image

#39 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

:thumbup:

Now everybody clap and dangle something shiny in approval for the blues fan :clap:

It's awesome when your team finally does something after repeated seasons of failure.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#40 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

I know someone who would be willing to dangle something in front of him...and Elliott.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30