• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Another ridiculous OHL suspension

Rate this topic

Suspended indefinitely for a clean hit.
1. he should not be skating with his head down in that fashion in that area of the ice, 2. he is way low which makes it look worse, but he did it at the last second.

halmo will probably be suspended for life or something ridiculous like that.
last year this clean hit got 20 games:
Edited by jollymania

That second hit is what blows my mind. At least the first one made contact with the head, but IDK if I consider either hit dirty.

Agreed. That first one made contact, but the player who got hit clearly droppped his head by over a foot immediately before the hit.

That second one, I don't even know what to say. I would shake my head if that got a one game suspension, but 20 games is just beyond retarded.

Agreed. That first one made contact, but the player who got hit clearly droppped his head by over a foot immediately before the hit.

That second one, I don't even know what to say. I would shake my head if that got a one game suspension, but 20 games is just beyond retarded.

Definitely. I was just saying that AT LEAST in the first hit he made contact with the head, albeit that it was the player with the pucks fault. Second hit just looked like a good clean hard hockey hit.

Both are legit hockey hits. The difference though is that kids play in the OHL, and Hockey Canada has a moral responsibility to protect them even if that overrides some fundamental game rules.

I see what you mean, but at the same time it is teaching these kids that it is OK to skate with your head down and make dangerous plays because nobody can touch you when you do.

If these kids come into the NHL with that attitude since that is what they've been taught, they are going to get seriously injured.

I see what you mean, but at the same time it is teaching these kids that it is OK to skate with your head down and make dangerous plays because nobody can touch you when you do.

If these kids come into the NHL with that attitude since that is what they've been taught, they are going to get seriously injured.

I don't know if a suspension here or there for legal but very severe hits will really deter players from finishing their checks. I don't think anyone has suggested that you can't hit someone with their head down at all either. It's more of a fine line than that - probably more along the lines of "you can hit the guy with his head down, but for chrissakes don't try to kill him". If 10% is taken off either of those checks the same lesson is learned and a few brain cells are kept in tact (the guy may still even be injured).

Didn't he leave his feet and catch him in the head with an elbow? I understand the lunge for the puck dropped the other player down low, but that probably causes the suspension to be less than it otherwise would be. You cannot remove all responsibility from the hitter just because the player getting hit put himself in a vulnerable position.

Great hits - disregard their suspensions an keep playing like that. Its disgraceful that those are suspensions ... when a playing is attacking your zone bent over leading with their head what is someone supposed to do? Vorachek them - thats what.