12 replies to this topic

#1 grimace1970

grimace1970

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

damn shame

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, what are people thinking? One of the most touching and inspirational things I've ever seen was Vladdy coming onto the ice to celebrate. You want to see an arena full of fans string somebody up?! I can't believe they wouldn't allow this kid to celebrate... He had this one chance in his life - what excuse overrides that?!

#2 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

Pretty ridiculous. I wonder what moron told him he couldn't go celebrate with his team.

He should of just gone anyway, I mean, who would of physically stopped him?

#3 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

What a dick move. I second that, I would of rolled him straight to the ice and right over any son of a ***** who tried to stop me. Insurance my ass. Where was the game played? Was there a true home team, perhaps Hill-Murray? I didn't see it mentioned in the article, or I missed it.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#4 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

While its a bummer that the kid couldn't celebrate on ice with his team, lets turn off the emotion and think about it rationally for a second.

This is North America. People here are absolutely sue-crazy. If you even look at someone wrong in North America they want to sue you. Letting a paralyzed kid in a wheel chair on the ice just screams million dollar+ lawsuit. Its a liability thing.

#5 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

While its a bummer that the kid couldn't celebrate on ice with his team, lets turn off the emotion and think about it rationally for a second.

This is North America. People here are absolutely sue-crazy. If you even look at someone wrong in North America they want to sue you. Letting a paralyzed kid in a wheel chair on the ice just screams million dollar+ lawsuit. Its a liability thing.

f*** liability. The damn chair isn't going to fall over. It was a dick move and nothing more. There is no justifying it.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#6 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

f*** liability. The damn chair isn't going to fall over. It was a dick move and nothing more. There is no justifying it.

LOL

It IS a liability thing and is 100% justifiable considering that everyone in this country sues at the drop of a hat, and if ANYTHING had happened to the kid while on the ice, you can guarantee there would have been a lawsuit. Like I said, you have to turn off the emotions and think about it rationally though...

#7 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

Meh. I understand what you are saying and even agree with it, I think this was just an overzealous thing to do and had no place in this circumstance. The big kicker is he was allowed on the ice a few days prior, so there was already a precedent.

#8 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

a little off topic here, but this grant besse kid scored 5 goals in the state champ game, 3 of which were shorthanded i believe. pretty sick if you think about it.

and if you watch his presser after the game, hes rockin a nice winged wheel on his sweater. is he one of our prospects?

video:

edit: somebody needs to teach me how to embed youtube vids.

Edited by Din758, 14 March 2012 - 01:49 PM.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#9 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

You are right, too many people are quick to sue these days...

Edited by BlazeYoungblood, 14 March 2012 - 06:20 PM.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#10 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Sorry about the edits.. It works differently on this site I thought I knew how to embed a youtube vid :blush:

Edited by BlazeYoungblood, 14 March 2012 - 06:28 PM.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#11 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

Click the picture of three polariod-thingys, paste URL in popup box, voila!

Edited by rrasco, 14 March 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#12 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

a little off topic here, but this grant besse kid scored 5 goals in the state champ game, 3 of which were shorthanded i believe. pretty sick if you think about it.

and if you watch his presser after the game, hes rockin a nice winged wheel on his sweater. is he one of our prospects?

I read that in the article, or one somewhere. That is amazing. Not to take anything away from the kid, but goaltending was a little suspect. It's still an amazing accomplishment for him and his team. I'm sure he, and everyone else, will remember that performance for a long time, especially in such an important game.

#13 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

LOL

It IS a liability thing and is 100% justifiable considering that everyone in this country sues at the drop of a hat, and if ANYTHING had happened to the kid while on the ice, you can guarantee there would have been a lawsuit. Like I said, you have to turn off the emotions and think about it rationally though...

I don't think they would have been anymore liable than if a regular kid slipped and fell. It's an accepted part of the game and should be covered by insurance. On top of that, a wheelchair basically physically cannot tip over on flat ice.

Edited by VM1138, 14 March 2012 - 09:21 PM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.