• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
grimace1970

Officials won't let paralyzed player onto ice to celebrate

Rate this topic

damn shame

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, what are people thinking? One of the most touching and inspirational things I've ever seen was Vladdy coming onto the ice to celebrate. You want to see an arena full of fans string somebody up?! I can't believe they wouldn't allow this kid to celebrate... He had this one chance in his life - what excuse overrides that?!

What a dick move. I second that, I would of rolled him straight to the ice and right over any son of a ***** who tried to stop me. Insurance my ass. Where was the game played? Was there a true home team, perhaps Hill-Murray? I didn't see it mentioned in the article, or I missed it.

While its a bummer that the kid couldn't celebrate on ice with his team, lets turn off the emotion and think about it rationally for a second.

This is North America. People here are absolutely sue-crazy. If you even look at someone wrong in North America they want to sue you. Letting a paralyzed kid in a wheel chair on the ice just screams million dollar+ lawsuit. Its a liability thing.

While its a bummer that the kid couldn't celebrate on ice with his team, lets turn off the emotion and think about it rationally for a second.

This is North America. People here are absolutely sue-crazy. If you even look at someone wrong in North America they want to sue you. Letting a paralyzed kid in a wheel chair on the ice just screams million dollar+ lawsuit. Its a liability thing.

f*** liability. The damn chair isn't going to fall over. It was a dick move and nothing more. There is no justifying it.

f*** liability. The damn chair isn't going to fall over. It was a dick move and nothing more. There is no justifying it.

LOL

It IS a liability thing and is 100% justifiable considering that everyone in this country sues at the drop of a hat, and if ANYTHING had happened to the kid while on the ice, you can guarantee there would have been a lawsuit. Like I said, you have to turn off the emotions and think about it rationally though...

a little off topic here, but this grant besse kid scored 5 goals in the state champ game, 3 of which were shorthanded i believe. pretty sick if you think about it.

and if you watch his presser after the game, hes rockin a nice winged wheel on his sweater. is he one of our prospects?

video:

edit: somebody needs to teach me how to embed youtube vids.

Edited by Din758

a little off topic here, but this grant besse kid scored 5 goals in the state champ game, 3 of which were shorthanded i believe. pretty sick if you think about it.

and if you watch his presser after the game, hes rockin a nice winged wheel on his sweater. is he one of our prospects?

I read that in the article, or one somewhere. That is amazing. Not to take anything away from the kid, but goaltending was a little suspect. It's still an amazing accomplishment for him and his team. I'm sure he, and everyone else, will remember that performance for a long time, especially in such an important game.

LOL

It IS a liability thing and is 100% justifiable considering that everyone in this country sues at the drop of a hat, and if ANYTHING had happened to the kid while on the ice, you can guarantee there would have been a lawsuit. Like I said, you have to turn off the emotions and think about it rationally though...

I don't think they would have been anymore liable than if a regular kid slipped and fell. It's an accepted part of the game and should be covered by insurance. On top of that, a wheelchair basically physically cannot tip over on flat ice.

Edited by VM1138