• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Tyler Myers suspended..

Rate this topic

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

from nhl.com
there was actually a video of the hit but i thought id save you the trouble.

this is all that was said anyways. there is a link at the end of the article explaining the suspension.

NEW YORK -- Buffalo Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers has been suspended, without pay, for three games for boarding Montreal Canadiens forward Scott Gomez during NHL Game #1033 in Buffalo on Monday, March 12, the National Hockey League’s Department of Player Safety announced today.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Myers will forfeit $14,189.19. The money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.

The incident occurred at 13:11 of the third period. A minor penalty for boarding was assessed on the play.

For a full explanation of the decision, complete with video, please click on the following link: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=164475.

Myers is a gutless wonder - this play doesnt surprise me in the least. Just another glass chinned giraffe neck skinny kid with a mean streak ... if the kid didnt have a pituitary gland the size of a golfball and was an average sized player he wouldnt be anything more than an AHL'er.

Edited by jroc86

Yep. And Malkin does the exact same thing and doesn't even get a review.

That's why Shanahan's a joke.

I had a look at the video of the Malkin hit....not sure how you can conclude that it was the same thing...pretty glaring differences if you ask me:

- Malkin isn't obviously angry and looking to take it out on someone like Myers was

- The puck was in play (not so on the Myers hit)

- Malkin was looking to make shoulder to shoulder contact was the other player drops his right shoulder at the last second causing Malkin to hit him in the back (Myers hit was directly from behind all the way).