• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

Devils reaching the cup finals in 2009. Would have loved to serve revenge on those guys after 1995's sweep. No chance the 2009 Devils would have beaten us.

bringit.jpg

#22 sureWhyNot

sureWhyNot

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

Not sure that this is in the same spirit as the topic suggests but to have Todd Bertuzzi not sucker punch Steve Moore thereby ending his career would be nice.

I will go even farther and say I wish Moore didn't throw an incredibly dirty hit on Naslund, which injured the then Canuck captain.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings."

- Steve Yzerman

#23 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

Moore had it coming ... and if Bert never did that he'd likely still be in Vancouver. It took him years to regain some of his old form after the hate he had to endure for years after that incident. There have been countless sucker punches by goons and by players with marquee names over the past few decades - Bert/Moore was a freak accident and the 4 Av's that dogpiled on him immediatley after are likely just as responsible for his injuries.

Oh, and Moore was cleared to resume playing in 2006. He was in shape and offered a contract by Anaheim in2007 and turned it down because it would hurt his 38 million dollar case against Bert.

Not sure that this is in the same spirit as the topic suggests but to have Todd Bertuzzi not sucker punch Steve Moore thereby ending his career would be nice.

#24 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

Oh, and Moore was cleared to resume playing in 2006. He was in shape and offered a contract by Anaheim in2007 and turned it down because it would hurt his 38 million dollar case against Bert.

Wow, I've never heard that before! I've heard Moore was one of, if not the biggest, jerk in the league at the time, this just proves it!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#25 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,643 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

Devils reaching the cup finals in 2009. Would have loved to serve revenge on those guys after 1995's sweep. No chance the 2009 Devils would have beaten us.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Devils weren't even close to reaching the Cup Finals in 2009.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#26 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Devils weren't even close to reaching the Cup Finals in 2009.

Lost in the first round to the Canes, but if I recall correctly it was an awesome fast-paced 7 game series.
Posted Image

#27 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

I wouldn't change the outcome of the series, but I would've given the Flyers a little more adversity in the rounds leading up to the 97 SCF. Maybe they would've been more prepared to handle the Wings, go on to win the Cup and Vladdy and Sergei Manotzokonov (sp?) never get into the limo that changed their lives. Then again, the driver would have kept his license and perhaps injured or killed somebody else...

#28 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

Not a fan of when people bring up Clarke's slash but make no mention of the Russians play/antics. Kicking with skates on is fine and overlooked by some, but Clarke's slash is the worst thing seen in the hockey world. Russians saying they couldnt find hotels for the Canadians wives and jailing Canadian fans for cheering too much are a couple other things that come to mind.

Dirty play gets you dirty play. The Canadians weren't saints, but the Russians didnt mind trying to play a style of game the Canadians had perfected

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#29 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,643 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

Not a fan of when people bring up Clarke's slash but make no mention of the Russians play/antics. Kicking with skates on is fine and overlooked by some, but Clarke's slash is the worst thing seen in the hockey world. Russians saying they couldnt find hotels for the Canadians wives and jailing Canadian fans for cheering too much are a couple other things that come to mind.

Dirty play gets you dirty play. The Canadians weren't saints, but the Russians didnt mind trying to play a style of game the Canadians had perfected

From what I've read and heard, the Russian players were instructed by their coach not to fight back. Vasiliev was the only player that really disregarded these orders constantly.

I don't think the majority of their players knew how to respond when faced with cheap play. And I don't remember how many Russian players tried to kick someone with their skates. Wasn't it just one incident? Also, the off ice stuff doesn't pertain to the Russian players. They had nothing to do with the Canadian players wives and the fans being treated a certain way.

In any case, the Clarke play was the cheapest on ice play during the whole series. Despite denials, it was likely the coach instructing him to take Kharlamov out. That's why it gets so much attention. Imagine if some current NHL coach instructed one of his players to take the other team's star off the ice in the SCF.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 16 March 2012 - 01:04 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#30 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:37 PM

Carolina just got hot at the right time.

bringit.jpg

#31 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

Despite denials, it was likely the coach instructing him to take Kharlamov out.

John Ferguson can't be reached for comment.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.