• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Nyquist needs to stay here

Rate this topic

obviously getting our players back especially datsyuk will help the team but i think nyquist could be that extra something that could help us do some magic but only and only if he gets legit ice time and linemates

Heres my thinking ... the zetterberg filppula hudler line is untouchable , i think nyquist at least for 5-6 games (depending when datsyuk returns) should be given a shot with datsyuk and franzen and see what happens i think that could be an incredible line ... not checking positions now but a bertuzzi helm mursak line sounds good just for helm and mursaks speed and playing together could cause problems , cleary abdelkader holmstrom 4th sounds good ... didnt even think of drew miller whos definetly got a spot in the lineup

anyways i just think nyquist should remain here .... thoughts???

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I'd like to see him work on a line with Helm and Miller, and give Abby, Mursak, and Holmer the fourth line. I don't see Nyquist as a top six on this team. He's too unproven and I definitely don't want to see two guys in our top six weighing in below 180 lbs.

I'd like to see him work on a line with Helm and Miller, and give Abby, Mursak, and Holmer the fourth line. I don't see Nyquist as a top six on this team. He's too unproven and I definitely don't want to see two guys in our top six weighing in below 180 lbs.

i just think he's too good to not give a real shot in the top 6 and lets face it datsyuk makes everyone better and i just think theres something potentially there that can be really special in that line , nyquist is also getting use to franzen now these last 3 games so that'll help

sit cleary or homer for him and I'd be very happy. Although Homer tries he just sucks now

its unfortunate he cant just be used for the powerplay and not waste a forward spot cause hes still the best at his job on the ppl even though we cant score now if our lives depended on it

It's weird seeing that #14 on Nyquist. Maybe not as much as when it was the number for Meech but still weird. If it were up to him I think he would choose #89. I remember him saying in an interview that he wanted a particular number with the Griffins but "it wasn't available." He didn't specify it was 89 but I have a feeling it was.

I think he'll eventually change his number to 89. In some circles it might be a big deal or "frowned upon" at the NHL level if a young player not only wants a particular number but wants one in the 80s or 90s. I know how some clubs describe it like a wide receiver in football with the whole "Hey look at me and my high number!" sort of thing.

Unless you got a character who is a real moron, a player's number doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me and it shouldn't be no matter what the number is. My impression is that Datsyuk specifically wanted 13. I remember reading about how the Wings casually offered a number change to Ericsson but he didn't really care. Mursak specifically wanted the change to 39; I forgot what his previous number was though. On Nyquist I think I like 89 better because it's the number he had in his college days. Plus 14 to me will always be Shanny's.

I agree that he would be good on the third line. While he has been impressive, it will likely be best to ease him into playoff minutes and an NHL scoring role. I would like to see the Wings start the playoffs with this bottom 6.

Nyquist- Abby- Cleary

Miller- Emm- Mursak/Homer

It would definetly be a good idea to keep Nyquist up with the Wings for as long as possible and even into the playoffs if we can. Maybe a small youth injection is just what this team needs for a late season spark and a good run in the playoffs. Not sure if he's a top 6 forward on this team but who knows and if he's given the right amount of ice-time on the 3rd or 4th line he could still prove to be very valuable.

Nyquist is here to stay. This team is relatively short on speed and skill and he has both.

He is creating chances, producing points, backchecking.. there's literally no reason he shouldn't be a Red Wing instead of a Griffin.

I love Nyquist...he hasn't scored yet but he's been in on several goals and he creates chances frequently! I'll be pissed if they send him back to GR. There is definitely some learning for him to do, but he deserves to be with the big club!

With everyone healthy my lines would look like this:

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Franzen

Filpulla-Zetterberg-Hudler

Bertuzzi-Helm-Cleary

Miller-Abby-Eaves (Homer/Mursak/Emmerton)

Lids-White

Kronwall-Stuart

Quincey-Smith (Ericsson/Kindl)

I agree that Nyquist should stay with the big club. But come playoff time I think the Helm injury really stings because now the Wings are short on centres. Once Franzen returns it would be more ideal to take Emmerton out of the line up in order to keep Nyquist in but then there is no fourth line centre. It would be nice (and potentially realistic) to see:

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Filppula - Zetterberg - Hudler

Cleary - Abdelkader - Bertuzzi

Miller - Emmerton - Holmstrom/Mursak

That's where it's annoying because obviously I'd like Mursak to continue playing but I do also think Holmstrom will be valuable in the playoffs.

The only problem I see is Bert. He plays with much more enthusiasm when he's on the ice with Datsyuk. Franzen doesn't necessarily deserve first line minutes, but it's almost playoff time and we all hope we know what that means! goal.gifgoal.gifgoal.gif

The only problem I see is Bert. He plays with much more enthusiasm when he's on the ice with Datsyuk. Franzen doesn't necessarily deserve first line minutes, but it's almost playoff time and we all hope we know what that means! goal.gifgoal.gifgoal.gif

Mule will be scoring

I'd rather Nyquist play with Z/Flip he just seemed like he clicked a bit more. Plus Datsyuk can get any of Bert/Mule/Hudler because he's ******* DATSYUK. But doesn't it feel great to question where one of our prospects should play on the top 2 lines?

I agree with keeping Nyquist, he is just better than anyone on the 4th line, I would even take him over Cleary and Bertuzzi. However, he needs to get much stronger this summer so he can win puck battles like Pavel and Hank do.

Should be a good replacement for Hudler when he walks and gets his 5M.

I agree that Nyquist should stay with the big club. But come playoff time I think the Helm injury really stings because now the Wings are short on centres. Once Franzen returns it would be more ideal to take Emmerton out of the line up in order to keep Nyquist in but then there is no fourth line centre. It would be nice (and potentially realistic) to see:

That's where it's annoying because obviously I'd like Mursak to continue playing but I do also think Holmstrom will be valuable in the playoffs.

Miller has played centre on occasion i believe and has played well, so he could fill that role. Homer should be in the press box cause in a limited role, Mursak is more effective. He doesn't give the puck away and he's WAY faster on the backcheck and forecheck.

In fantasy hockey circles people are totally high on Nyquist.

Anyone ever look at dobberhockey?

Here is what dobber is projecting for Nyquist:

I say 50 in two years, otherwise bang on. I also think it's possible that he surprises us all with his upside - most people are of the opinion of the 70-80 range, but I think he can go beyond that. He looks very good as notch says, in minimal

action

50 point upside over the next two years and over a ppg after that? yes please.

Miller has played centre on occasion i believe and has played well, so he could fill that role. Homer should be in the press box cause in a limited role, Mursak is more effective. He doesn't give the puck away and he's WAY faster on the backcheck and forecheck.

I remember filling in for a couple games because there was no choice. I don't think Miller can really be counted on, as a centre, for any elongated period of time. But who knows, maybe you're right

To me Nyquist fits better with Datsyuk and Franzen (over Fil and Zetterberg) because although he's not really a shoot first guy his speed creates goal scoring chances for him. Both he and Hudler are pass first guys but I think nyquist speed would do more to open up space for Datsyuk and Franzen than having Hudler with the pair. Plus, I think Zetterberg is so much more of a shooter than Datsyuk that Hudler on a line with two guys that are shooting the puck a lot makes sense. I just see more benefit to Nyquist with Datsyuk and Franzen (especially considering the chemistry Nyquist and Franzen had in the preseason) and leaving Hudler with Fil and Zetterberg

Swap Cleary and Miller. Cleary's hurt and Miller has been extremely impressive for most of the season. No way do I diminish his ice time with how well he's played. When Helm get's back swap him with Abby and move Abby in for Emmerton and there you go.

Swap Cleary and Miller. Cleary's hurt and Miller has been extremely impressive for most of the season. No way do I diminish his ice time with how well he's played. When Helm get's back swap him with Abby and move Abby in for Emmerton and there you go.

I agree. Miller has been awesome this year, he has 14 goals (?) and plays limited minutes, and plays with different linemates throughout the entire season.