• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

"Babcock also stated Nyquist will remain with the Wings for now, not sure who he will replace tomorrow with Franzen returning."

http://www.kuklaskor..._medium=twitter
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#42 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,831 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

I wouldn't play Nyquist on the 3rd line. If you're going to keep him around, give him better linemates who can take advantage of his skill set.

Put Bertuzzi on the checking line instead. Still not sure what we should do with Cleary, though.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#43 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

I wouldn't play Nyquist on the 3rd line. If you're going to keep him around, give him better linemates who can take advantage of his skill set.

Put Bertuzzi on the checking line instead. Still not sure what we should do with Cleary, though.

I was thinking maybe they put Mule on the third line and move Cleary down to the 4th line with Emmy and Homer, Mursak healthy scratch.

Top 2 lines are clicking right now, wouldn't want to see them apart.

Edited by redwingfan19, 27 March 2012 - 12:39 PM.

You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#44 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

I was thinking maybe they put Mule on the third line and move Cleary down to the 4th line with Emmy and Homer, Mursak healthy scratch.

^This is a good idea but I will guess Babs throw's Mules lazy ass on a line with Pav and Bert.

#45 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,994 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

Agreed on the second line, but is the first line clicking any better now than it was when Datsyuk was healthy earlier in the season and was top 5 (in the league) in points while Franzen was leading the team in goals? The line is good with Nyquist, but they aren't setting the world on fire by any means. I'd like to see Franzen back on line one, Nyquist down to the third, and Cleary healthy scratched for a while to rest his knee (or on the fourth line if he absolutely must be in the lineup for these last 6 games). I disagree with dropping Mursak from the lineup. He's the only fourth liner who fore checks effectively and makes it hard on the d-men to play.

Edited by kipwinger, 27 March 2012 - 01:06 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#46 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

i'm liking the sound of that. Babcock shuffled the lines around quite a bit last game against CBJ. Z - Dats - Homer played together for a bit too. Bert - Hudler - Flip was also a highly effective line when together. I think Nyquist could be a good fit with Franzen. Even if the Wings had 3 scoring lines and a grind line it could work.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#47 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

7 games in the recent call up, 6 points while creating numerous chances for his linemates and himself. Soon has he gets the killer instinct (which granted, took Filppula about 5 seasons to learn), he'll really be sparking offense. I'd personally like him to continue to play with Bert and Datsyuk, but I have no doubt F(loat)zen be back on that line come Wednesday. I also like the idea of resting Cleary the remaining games if possible. He hasn't been bad the last few games, but if he is bothered that much by injury it'd be better he bow-out for a few.

#48 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

Maybe since the rest of the team has turned it on Franzen will too
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#49 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

I say we run something like this:

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Hudler-Zetterberg-Filpula
Nyquist-Abdelkader-Cleary
Holmstrom-Miller-Mursak
Emmerton

Then when Helm comes back put him on the third line and scratch Mursak, making the fourth line
Holmstrom-Miller-Abdelkader

#50 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

just have to say....i really enjoy the way wings players grow up through our system....Dats and Z were basically mentored by Hull and everybody and now Dats is being that mentor for Nyquist....makes me all teary eyed when i see Dats bringing out this kids full potential out there, and molding him into our next great superstar lol GO WINGS! BEST FRANCHISE IN SPORTS HISTORY!

#51 markaswell

markaswell

Prospect

• 41 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

Loving this kid! Gonna have to get a Nyquist jersey real soon.....

man, i can't believe how great his English is. He has no accent whatsoever.....As well as Lids speaks, there are still some words that he pronounces a little different..(mostly the differences between hard and soft "S's") With gus, i can't tell at all.

Ha, just realized who he kinda reminds me of. Jesse Pinkman from breaking bad! Hopefully Gus can keep his life on track a little better than Jesse!

Edited by markaswell, 27 March 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#52 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,994 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

Give it a few years for Teemu Pulkkinen to develop and Gus to set him up and then just watch sparks fly. Check out this kid's shot.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#53 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 780 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Would love to see him playing more with Pasha. Season or two he has the potential to be an elite NHLer.

#54 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,831 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Franzen is lazy, but this team will need him in the playoffs.

Putting him on the 3rd line makes him even more useless. Unless it's done just for the rest of the regular season in order to motivate him to play harder. Maybe then.

But in general, I'd put Bertuzzi on the 3rd line. He doesn't hit people anymore, but he's still a better fit on the 3rd line than Franzen.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#55 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

“Yeah, he’s got decent skills, I guess.” -Nyquist joking on playing with Datsyuk.

"It was a pretty decent pass." -Nyquist on Datsyuk's spin o rama pass for his first NHL goal.

:lol:

Looks like he and Pav already got a joking relationship.

#56 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

LoL @ Bertuzzi playing on the top line instead of Nyquist...what a joke.

#57 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

LoL @ Bertuzzi playing on the top line instead of Nyquist...what a joke.

Come on man, Bert was phenomenal yesterday... had 4 assists & was a +5... When Mule Pavs and Bert played together this year, they were awesome

Edited by HockeytownRules19, 27 March 2012 - 05:29 PM.

#58 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,994 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

Come on man, Bert was phenomenal yesterday... had 4 assists & was a +5... When Mule Pavs and Bert played together this year, they were awesome

For some, the fact that we've got two young decent hockey players is more than they can handle. Look around on this thread and the "Early Off Season" thread and you'll see people suggesting that Nyquist should be in the top six over Filppula and Bert, and Smith should be a top four defenseman over Quincey. Never mind that neither of them have 20 NHL games under their belt yet, and never mind that none of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, or Lidstrom broke in to the NHL at that level. It's best just to nod your head and go along with it.

Edited by kipwinger, 27 March 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#59 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

My sense is that people have really grown to hate the Mule-Pav-Bert line.

I know Babs likes to not change his lineup as much as possible if it's working. I don't know if I'd use that line every time but definitely against the lines in the mold of Lucic-Krejci-Horton.

#60 Sentell

Sentell

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

I think you have a point with Nyquist having a good future, but Detroit's style usually dosent allow players as young (23 years old) to be a full time player on there roster. He is getting a taste of the NHL and filling in for Injuries. He will most Likely be a call-up from Grad Rapids for atleast 2 more years before he gets to be a full time player. But he is a Great youngster. Also Clearly is definettly not a 4th liner