Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

Posted Image

#62 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

Come on man, Bert was phenomenal yesterday... had 4 assists & was a +5... When Mule Pavs and Bert played together this year, they were awesome

While I'm not completely hating on Bertuzzi, we need to look beyond one game. Bertuzzi last night was stellar; really strong on the puck, great passing, and skating. Last night, he was the total package. But that was last night. If he could prove to maintain that level of compete and execute all season or even half of the season, I would agree with you completely. However, he and Mule have had more nights than not where they are benefactors not contributors. Playing with Datsyuk when he is on is a wingers dream. Lately its been great to see someone who skates hard and is willing to handle the puck in traffic, and that has been Nyquist.

I agree with kipwinger, the tendency is to get high on the young talent and think they should be top-line, top-minute right away. Its also the tendency to see stats like 4pt, +5 from Bert or 5 goal nights from Franzen and say "ZOMG!! They are dominant and irreplaceable!", neglecting to mention the fact that they disappear for weeks on end, offering next to no intangibles when they aren't creating scoring opportunities, and their effort is often questioned.

Lets not get too high on the youngsters, but lets not confuse one good night for consistency. Take away Franzen's insane 5 goal game against the Senators last season and he scored 22 goals.

#63 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

Come on man, Bert was phenomenal yesterday... had 4 assists & was a +5... When Mule Pavs and Bert played together this year, they were awesome

Blah, I suppose you're right...it just seems like a waste. 36 points? For a top line player? We don't actually think that's acceptable now a days do we?

#64 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

Blah, I suppose you're right...it just seems like a waste. 36 points? For a top line player? We don't actually think that's acceptable now a days do we?

Bert doesn't make the lines, Babcock does. And, he bases them (supposedly) on a "what have you done for me lately" basis which means that, unless your name is Pavel Datsyuk, you're always going to be up and down the depth chart. Saying he is a "first line player" changes day-to-day.

Also, those 36 pts (and +25 rating) cost all of $2 million dollars. So yes, I think that is very acceptable.

The Blues top point producer (Backes) has a whopping 53 pts but I don't hear too many complaints about him or guys like Berglund and Perron who have the same amount of points as Bert, get paid the same, play top line, and are much younger than Bert. The Blues are winning because everyone is playing their role and when you win, nobody gives a s*** how many points you have or where you are in the depth chart.

Bottom line is, everyone has a role to play and Bert is doing his very well. If your main gripe about this Wings team is how well Bert is doing, I think you need to redirect your attention elsewhere.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#65 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

From ansar

Franzen, back after missing 4 games, will play on line with Datsyuk and Bertuzzi. Nyquist will play with Emmerton and h Holmstrom

#66 ace76

ace76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

7 games in the recent call up, 6 points while creating numerous chances for his linemates and himself. Soon has he gets the killer instinct (which granted, took Filppula about 5 seasons to learn), he'll really be sparking offense. I'd personally like him to continue to play with Bert and Datsyuk, but I have no doubt F(loat)zen be back on that line come Wednesday. I also like the idea of resting Cleary the remaining games if possible. He hasn't been bad the last few games, but if he is bothered that much by injury it'd be better he bow-out for a few.

I also like the idea of sitting Cleary, he knows how to get his hands dirty, he's one of our ditch diggers. I would like to see him rested and healthy for playoffs so he can play his role as spark plug for the team (grinder)

#67 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

I don't like seeing Nyquist on the 4th line. :thumbdown:

#68 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Find a new picture you're proud of? Same picture different threads 4 minutes apart. :hehe:

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#69 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

Couldn't agree more with this
IPB Image

#70 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

Couldn't agree more with this

Agreed. I think Mursak is the only effective fourth liner we have right now. I really don't understand why Nyquist isn't on the third line, and Cleary given a rest against a soft team like Columbus. Plus, I really think Miller, Abby, and Nyquist has the potential to be a pretty effective line. They all skate well and I think Nyquist and Miller have very complimentary skill sets.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#71 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

Agreed. I think Mursak is the only effective fourth liner we have right now. I really don't understand why Nyquist isn't on the third line, and Cleary given a rest against a soft team like Columbus. Plus, I really think Miller, Abby, and Nyquist has the potential to be a pretty effective line. They all skate well and I think Nyquist and Miller have very complimentary skill sets.

I agree Miller, Abby, and Nyquist could be a lot of fun to watch and really give the Blue Jackets fits. I think Nyquist's skills will be wasted on the fourth line.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#72 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,711 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

Meh.

Now you know how I felt when my savior Aaaron Downey was rotting on the 4th line all that time.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#73 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

I think you will see him jump up and down the lines in diff situations. If bert or franzen or hudler is playing poor you will see nyquist up there instead.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#74 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

It's a joke Gus is ont he 4th line. The 4th line has sucked tonight but the only one doing anything, trying to make plays is Gustav. He is not a 4th liner, swap him with Franzen for all I care. Why change a line that was developing chemistry to get the floater back on it?

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#75 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

Yup, that's good for his development...5 min of ice time.
BRILLIANT!

Edited by SaCkaveli20, 28 March 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#76 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

9 shifts, 05:19 TOI, thanks Babcock. :clap:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#77 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

I am with everyone on this. He was not used well at all, and Babcock really showed sometimes he is not the best coach in the world.

Instead of throwing a tantrum and going stoic, maybe he should have put Gustav up and let the tired bodies of Cleary, Franzen, and Homer take a fourth line role. Also wtf is Mursak doing on the bench with Emmerton and Cleary out there?!? IMO he has done more than those two have in hustle and effort. Cleary should not be playing at his current state which is way under 100%. It looks to me that he is 65% at best of his full capacity. I would rather he just sit if that is the case. You already proven how tough you are, and how much heart you have. Save that for the playoffs, if you heal enough to be in them.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#78 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

9 shifts, 05:19 TOI, thanks Babcock. :clap:

Stillf****** baffled... 6pts in 7games gets him 9 shifts with Holmstrom and Emmerton.

#79 NBCnothingbutcrosby

NBCnothingbutcrosby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

Nyquist, Helm, Eaves or Mursak > Cleary & Emmerton.
Smith > Ericsson.

Those should be the line changes, Nyquist should be with Dats and Bert.

However, the Wings are too loyal and would rather lose than make necessary changes to shake up the team and let them realize that losing to the worst team in the league 5 games before the playoffs is unacceptable.
Not now chief, I'm in the zone.

#80 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

Yeah, no idea why Babcock wasted a game with Nyquist on the fourth line.

He has earned his ice time.

Posted Image