• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Nyquist needs to stay here

Rate this topic

I am with everyone on this. He was not used well at all, and Babcock really showed sometimes he is not the best coach in the world.

Instead of throwing a tantrum and going stoic, maybe he should have put Gustav up and let the tired bodies of Cleary, Franzen, and Homer take a fourth line role. Also wtf is Mursak doing on the bench with Emmerton and Cleary out there?!? IMO he has done more than those two have in hustle and effort. Cleary should not be playing at his current state which is way under 100%. It looks to me that he is 65% at best of his full capacity. I would rather he just sit if that is the case. You already proven how tough you are, and how much heart you have. Save that for the playoffs, if you heal enough to be in them.

Nyquist, Helm, Eaves or Mursak > Cleary & Emmerton.

Smith > Ericsson.

Those should be the line changes, Nyquist should be with Dats and Bert.

However, the Wings are too loyal and would rather lose than make necessary changes to shake up the team and let them realize that losing to the worst team in the league 5 games before the playoffs is unacceptable.

If the Wings lose in the first or second round of the playoffs this year. I would fire Babcock. I have seen many coaches do more with less. I think the assistant coaches he hired are a joke, and I really feel as if he has no idea how to do lines.

I might say he has a bunch of huge positives, but it seems at this point maybe those negatives outweigh the positives.

Yeah, no idea why Babcock wasted a game with Nyquist on the fourth line.

He has earned his ice time.

Because this organization loves putting young skilled players on 4th lines, with crappy linemates and limited icetime.

Too many players seem to have immunity on this team. That's why they take so many nights off. Lack of motivation and no need for accountability.

I'm not sure what do say about the lines tonight. There were periods of great effort when Datsyuk's line and Z's line were on the ice, but the bumbling defense couldn't keep possession of the puck. Our neutral zone passing was terrible tonight. I can see why Babcock would put Mule back with Datsyuk due to his history at playoff time and all, but for the love of all that is good give Nyquist a CHANCE with at LEAST the 3rd line. What a horrid waste of time and talent tonight.

Here's a good question, would we rather see Kindl or E in that 3rd pair? Kindl looked decent since his return, but had a couple games. E failed hard tonight, but will be given another chance Friday most likely (shudders). I will say that Smith won't be an option unless injuries happen, so barring injury(s), Kindl or E?

Because this organization loves putting young skilled players on 4th lines, with crappy linemates and limited icetime.

Too many players seem to have immunity on this team. That's why they take so many nights off. Lack of motivation and no need for accountability.

Well put. Players like Franzen are never made accountable for sub-par effort. I'm sure its partly to do with the Wings wanting to the avoid media drama that comes with benching a guy you have contracted for the next 9 years, but whatever it is, something has to change. There are way too many passengers on this team and Franzen is the primary culprit. On pace to match his disappointing totals from last season, and the excuses are running out and wearing thin. Zero effort and zero accountability.

I agree with keeping Nyquist-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi together. Franzen can play elsewhere.

esteef

Nyquist has been an instant success with the parent club because he actually works. Skates, creates, gives the defense fits. Datsyuk, and hell, even Bertuzzi looked like they could thrive with that sort of player completing that line. Add Franzen and Bertuzzi goes back to floating and Pavel gets wasted on two big bodies that watch from the faceoff dot as he does all the work. Holmstrom has looked more effective the past few games than Franzen has in a month.

For the love of God and Pavel, give him something to work with! Franzen can rest on his laurels in the press box, sit him close enough to Holland for Kenny to give him the stink eye the whole game.

Edited by b.shanafan14

If the Wings lose in the first or second round of the playoffs this year. I would fire Babcock. I have seen many coaches do more with less. I think the assistant coaches he hired are a joke, and I really feel as if he has no idea how to do lines.

I might say he has a bunch of huge positives, but it seems at this point maybe those negatives outweigh the positives.

You find me a coach that has "done more with less" than Mike Babcock and the Detroit Red Wings and I will print this post off, wrap a raw octopus with it, and film me eating it on YouTube while singing "Don't Stop Believing".

The lunatics are truely running this asylum.

You find me a coach that has "done more with less" than Mike Babcock and the Detroit Red Wings and I will print this post off, wrap a raw octopus with it, and film me eating it on YouTube while singing "Don't Stop Believing".

The lunatics are truely running this asylum.

Paul McLean's moustache, and Lindy Ruff and to some extent Ken Hitchcock...cause the Wings are the benchmark for those teams. And by more with less, i'm interpreting as overachieving, not just being high in standings. Having Z and Dats dragged down with the goalie pulled in the last 2 mins of the game last night by Cleary and Homer made me pretty pissed with Babcock. toss out Nyquist and Filppula with Z and Dats....YOU'RE TRYING TO SCORE FOR f***'S SAKE!

Paul McLean's moustache, and Lindy Ruff and to some extent Ken Hitchcock...cause the Wings are the benchmark for those teams. And by more with less, i'm interpreting as overachieving, not just being high in standings. Having Z and Dats dragged down with the goalie pulled in the last 2 mins of the game last night by Cleary and Homer made me pretty pissed with Babcock. toss out Nyquist and Filppula with Z and Dats....YOU'RE TRYING TO SCORE FOR f***'S SAKE!

The only thing of note that any of those coaches has won is Hitch, and even then, Hull had to kick the puck into the net to win the Cup. And if you look at that Dallas roster, there's no way it was a team that overachieved.

Barry Trotz....

I know the guy doesn't have a neck but to put up a 100 points and constantly make playoffs with a bottom 5 payroll is a pretty big feat.

Gets my respect vote, but hasn't won anything and each of his three teams that put up 100 pt seasons got bounced in the first round of the playoffs. And he's still yet to make it out of the second round in his career.

Gets my respect vote, but hasn't won anything and each of his three teams that put up 100 pt seasons got bounced in the first round of the playoffs. And he's still yet to make it out of the second round in his career.

And he doesn't have a neck.

All I have to say is what happened to Babs record without Lidstrom?

If that is the definition of lunacy, then fine lock me up.

There are many coaches getting their teams into the playoffs this year with rosters weaker than the Wings. They usually do it by finding those players that gel and riding them. I said it before that Babcock deserves coach of the year, and then when he finally had a chance to prove it by having his roster fall apart and coaching up the inexperienced B squad to win some games, he sees his team free fall.

I think you can add Nyqvist getting no playing time, and his I am not going to say anything this game tantrum, as additional exhibits to the case against him.

Again, you thread folks never read it all. There are plenty of good things about Babcock.

However, I said this when Holland let him pick his coaching staff this offseason, "Bad idea."

He doesn't have a good mind for the game, lines, or anything like that. He really only has skill being a hard nose, stubborn, and fair blue collar leader. This is good for many reasons, but putting lines together or making a new strategy on the fly are not amongst those. To me it feels like as soon as he lost quality coaches, that have gone elsewhere and thrived, his defense fell apart and his offense fell apart.

To be clear that was Defense under McCrimmon and offense (PP) under WMU's genius. Babs talks about it himself as problems that need to get fixed, and his solution is always to just look at his assistants and say "what do we do?" If that fails, he sometimes goes to Lidstrom and says, "What do we do?"

These problems have been here their whole respective year without any solution created. You can blame whomever you want, from the players to Holland. I choose to blame Babcock. I feel he should be doing something to change the systems and fix the problems, and if he has to turn to his staff to do so it is fine. JUST DON'T LET HIM PICK THE STAFF THEN!!! I swear, it is like a yes man culture he is installing. I love how he does put faith in players and I love how much he puts the ice-time tied to results. Then he screws both of those things up by putting faith in the wrong players and giving some players passes on the work=Ice time system.

It is a dance and we all should understand that, so I don't get upset with anyone over a few misteps. He just seems to be off too consistently.

Sometimes it seems the Red Wings are the only team where you dont have to keep your spot in the top 6 with good play. There are always guys that will be no matter how much effort they put forth. As I hockey player this idea truly bothers me, its awful to see teammates float and you bust your ass constantly and not get rewarded while they do. Nyquist should not be on the fourth line, he has no place there.

I agree with keeping Nyquist-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi together. Franzen can play elsewhere.

esteef

I would have preferred to see (last night's game):

Nyquist - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Filppula - Zetterberg - Hulder

Franzen - Abdelkader - Cleary

Miller - Emmerton - Holmstrom

Let Franzen get his legs back with Abdelkader and Cleary doing the grunt work. Whenver Franzen gets hurt or comes back from an injury he seems very hesitant. I think had he been put with a couple of guys that can do the dirty work (a lot more consistently than Bertuzzi) would be good for Franzen. Then once his skating legs are back if you want to slide Franzen back with Datsyuk then go for it. But I would have started Franzen on the 3rd line

I would have preferred to see (last night's game):

Nyquist - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Filppula - Zetterberg - Hulder

Franzen - Abdelkader - Cleary

Miller - Emmerton - Holmstrom

Let Franzen get his legs back with Abdelkader and Cleary doing the grunt work. Whenver Franzen gets hurt or comes back from an injury he seems very hesitant. I think had he been put with a couple of guys that can do the dirty work (a lot more consistently than Bertuzzi) would be good for Franzen. Then once his skating legs are back if you want to slide Franzen back with Datsyuk then go for it. But I would have started Franzen on the 3rd line

I totally think this should be the lines against Nashville except I would put Miller and the 3rd line instead of Cleary. There was a game that Franzen, Miller, and Abby played together and they looked good and Mule scored a goal.

I totally think this should be the lines against Nashville except I would put Miller and the 3rd line instead of Cleary. There was a game that Franzen, Miller, and Abby played together and they looked good and Mule scored a goal.

Agreed. Miller is better than Cleary right now, and really he has been all season. Miller has earned 3rd line minutes. Easily.

Agreed. Miller is better than Cleary right now, and really he has been all season. Miller has earned 3rd line minutes. Easily.

Every forward not named Emmerton is better than Cleary and has been all season.