• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/14 GDT : Red Wings 0 at Ducks 4

Rate this topic

If people are scoring against JMac one on one then the problem is with out DEFENSE. Not with our goalie. It should never be one on one with our goalie EVER.

Theoretically speaking, yes. But of course it does happen all the time in the NHL. When it does happen it would be nice if your goalie would stop a few now and then.

We'll almost certainly end up either 5 or 6. I'm actually rooting for 6th though...we'd have an easier opponent (Dallas). We're on a horendous streak, but there's no reason to be too negative. We all know that the Wings can play better, and often do for the playoffs. If we play Dallas I'm pretty confident that we'll at least win that round.

Perhaps that's blind optimism, but you've got to find some hope somewhere here...

Is Cory Emmeron the most useless player to be a regular in recent Red Wings history?

Kopecky?

I think the problem with Emmerton is that in junior he was a skilled playmaker. But, he's not good enough to play that same game at the NHL level. At the same time, he's not a physical, grinding type of player either.

So his only hope is to learn to be a grinder. Based on his play, I don't see much scoring potential. But, who knows, maybe in a few years he'll be more patient with the puck and make better plays.

How about Kyle Calder?

I'm still extremely curious why he was relegated to the fourth line after a great first few games. He suddenly started sucking after that move. Maybe he got in a particularly bad argument with Babcock?

How about Kyle Calder?

Remember how good that little bloke was when he first arrived? Wasn't he like a PPG player in the first dozen games or something he played? Then he got injured and was useless in the playoffs.

We'll almost certainly end up either 5 or 6. I'm actually rooting for 6th though...we'd have an easier opponent (Dallas). We're on a horendous streak, but there's no reason to be too negative. We all know that the Wings can play better, and often do for the playoffs. If we play Dallas I'm pretty confident that we'll at least win that round.

Perhaps that's blind optimism, but you've got to find some hope somewhere here...

sadly enough I must agree with sandbagging the last few games. I seriously would rather play anyone the Preds.

I'm still extremely curious why he was relegated to the fourth line after a great first few games. He suddenly started sucking after that move. Maybe he got in a particularly bad argument with Babcock?

Apparently he suffered a hand injury and just wasn't the same afterwards. In the hand shake line against Calgary he shook with his left. But it sure was weird, too bad because he looked really good and at the time just getting rid of J-Willy was fantastic :hehe: