• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/14 GDT : Red Wings 0 at Ducks 4

Rate this topic

I'm still extremely curious why he was relegated to the fourth line after a great first few games. He suddenly started sucking after that move. Maybe he got in a particularly bad argument with Babcock?

Babcock seems so set in his ways until the bitter end, current example: Hudler on the PP point

We'll almost certainly end up either 5 or 6. I'm actually rooting for 6th though...we'd have an easier opponent (Dallas). We're on a horendous streak, but there's no reason to be too negative. We all know that the Wings can play better, and often do for the playoffs. If we play Dallas I'm pretty confident that we'll at least win that round.

Perhaps that's blind optimism, but you've got to find some hope somewhere here...

There is no way any team catches the Wings for the 5th seed. Also, what makes you think the Stars are such a sure bet to win the Pacific? The only reason they are in this position at the moment is because of a 10-0-1 streak (which ended tonight). I think there is a pretty good chance SJ goes on a run to close out the season and win the Pacific.

We'll almost certainly end up either 5 or 6. I'm actually rooting for 6th though...we'd have an easier opponent (Dallas). We're on a horendous streak, but there's no reason to be too negative. We all know that the Wings can play better, and often do for the playoffs. If we play Dallas I'm pretty confident that we'll at least win that round.

Perhaps that's blind optimism, but you've got to find some hope somewhere here...

Like I said, they're getting their crappy play out of the way. Wings have been a streaky team all year... it'd be good to start a hot streak during the playoffs ;)

There is no way any team catches the Wings for the 5th seed. Also, what makes you think the Stars are such a sure bet to win the Pacific? The only reason they are in this position at the moment is because of a 10-0-1 streak (which ended tonight). I think there is a pretty good chance SJ goes on a run to close out the season and win the Pacific.

You're right, we'll likely be fifth. It was more a response to a couple of comments saying that we'd be the 7 or 8 seed which obviously won't happen. I can hope that we play the Stars though.

And yes, the Stars aren't a sure bet for the Pacific, but they're by far the most likely to win it. Also, the Sharks are 2-5-3 in their past 10. That's not going to help them even make the playoffs at all.

Damn ... I don't want to be 5th and give Nashville home ice advantage ... can anyone say 1st round exit?

A week ago, we were talking about #1 in the West ... this is as SH*TTY as hell.

Edited by RedWingsRox

I'm off to sleep. Is it too much to hope to see a headline in the morning along the lines of "Babcock calls out underperforming Red Wings"?

My lord, Franzen is infuriating. Granted, he's our leading scorer, but he's got the ability to do so much more. I understand that the regular season can get monotonous, but that's where a coach should come in for motivation, no?

Edited by Zetts

My Plasma may not survive another game like this. Complete lack of heart, this team has gone soft all of a sudden.

This is the worst team in a while that was working because of chemistry. We have a lack of talent out there combined with lazy guys that have all kinds of talent. In 08 they were stacked, in 09 they were stacked. We need to trim the fat this summer (Holmstrom, Hudler, Cleary) and get some guys that can play well and don't get worn out.

This is the worst team in a while that was working because of chemistry. We have a lack of talent out there combined with lazy guys that have all kinds of talent. In 08 they were stacked, in 09 they were stacked. We need to trim the fat this summer (Holmstrom, Hudler, Cleary) and get some guys that can play well and don't get worn out.

You'd think that would be the plan, but they've already re-signed Bertuzzi, so I'm not optimistic.

Can someone please flick the damn switch and start playing Red Wings hockey? It's time to get into some sort of rhythm and roll to prepare for the playoffs.

So now we make Kyle Palmieri into some sort of stud ... wtf ??

Edited by RedWingsRox

You're right, we'll likely be fifth. It was more a response to a couple of comments saying that we'd be the 7 or 8 seed which obviously won't happen. I can hope that we play the Stars though.

And yes, the Stars aren't a sure bet for the Pacific, but they're by far the most likely to win it. Also, the Sharks are 2-5-3 in their past 10. That's not going to help them even make the playoffs at all.

I think the Stars would be the "best" opponent too. As far as the Sharks go, I just have this feeling they will go on a streak and win 10 out of the last 13 games and win their division. They have too many good players to suck this much. But it sure would be nice if they continued to play this way and end up missing the playoffs altogether.

This was the worst week for me in a long time. Last night in LA a terrible game. We payed over $500.00 for two tickets and for my girlfriend was the first Red Wings game. We managed to stay until last second and hoping for a miracle. Did not hapen. Today even worse. The look on the faces of players is completeley empty, no emotions no signs of feeling shame. I will stop at that. However,

If Wings beat Sharks on Saturday i will forgive them this horrible week.

Edited by arag

You're thinking Hudler,Cleary and Holmstrom. But I think those guys plus Holland needs to get rid of guys like Emmerton and Mursak who other then having good speed can't do anything else. You could see this stretch coming from a mile away and still Holland did nothing at the deadline or in the offseason. What is the point of having a ton of cap space if it's never used. Other than a few top players this team is built of a bunch of fourth liners. Thay have needed a scoring forward ever since Hossa left. But instead we are stuck with players that get hot for 5 or 6 games but then are barely seen for a month. Also they need to stop missing the damn net! It's not that small!

This was the worst week for me in a long time. Last night in LA a terrible game. We payed over $500.00 for two tickets and for my girlfriend was the first Red Wings game. We managed to stay until last second and hoping for a miracle. Did not hapen. Today even worse. The look on the faces of players is completeley empty, no emotions no signs of feeling shame. I will stop at that. However,

If Wings beat Sharks on Saturday i will forgive them this horrible week.

I feel for you, that definitely blows. Imagine how Hank and Fil must feel, like "really, just us then? ok..."

So to recap: the regulars are playing like s*** but its because of injuries, the powerplay has been the worst in the league in the past 41 games but its because of injuries, they are continuing to plummet below .500 on the road but its because of injuries, in the meantime, near losing home ice in the playoffs, but again, because of injuries.

But its OK that Franzen phones it in every game because he is just so super-duper clutch that it is beneath him to get up for these "lesser" games, it just bores him. I mean he is leading the team in goals, so he doesn't really need to do much beyond pot a gimme here and there, ala Hudler. Statistics are really all that matter, because who has the time to watch the games, especially the late ones like tonight?

Can't wait until Datsyuk comes back so we can have 3 players in the top 6 who skate instead of just 2, that and we can pad Mules stats some more. And when Lidstrom comes back eventually from his ill-progressing bone bruise, White will become a player again, instead of a pylon. And when Eaves returns from his concussion we can have a fourth line with three skaters, instead of a slow skater, a fast skater, and an empty #48 sweater. And when Ericsson and Kindl heal up they can sit more comfortably in the press box, which will be a nice change of pace.

Don't worry, help is on the way and it will be ALLLLL better.

Post-game Mike Babcock: "I hope the people in Michigan were already sleeping."

http://twitter.com/#!/freepwings/status/180156189173219328

It seems we have to go through a serious slump every year but this one has just came a bit later then usual. If we can get through this and get healthy and start consistently winning again, we will be better because of it. If we can't... well we weren't going to go far anyways.

The only thing that makes me feel remotely better ... and not by much is that the local Canucks have been losing just as much BUT they don't have excuse of injuries.

We are 3-6-1 in our last 10 games ... wake up million dollar lazy players and start behaving like professionals. If the Pittsburgh Penguins can play hard every night, so can you!

Edited by RedWingsRox